Diablo® III

Softcore is fail... Hardcore is the way to go!

Softcore is fail.... Hardcore is the way to go.... a lot more fun and you actually have to have skill to play and you focus on a lot more then damage only. There is no Rmah either, yes if you have bad connection you wont make it anyway but this will be fixed soon by blizzard well atleast it was mentioned, I my self have lost 2 chars to connection but that's ok... only makes you work harder next time around. In hardcore your fun stays a lot longer then it does in softcore.

A lot less Credit card accounts on hardcore then there is on softcore and I like to play legit without using real money so hc fits me right.

HC>SC all day long, thoughts?
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 4/9/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree. However, I always run into the most atrocious lag at the worst of times and this has made me not want to play hc. Lost many characters to lag, I mean a lot of characters to lag spikes that were not mine or my computers fault.

Saddens me because HC was my favourite thing in D2, but I can't touch it now because I refuse to restart another character because of a stupid lag spike death.
Reply Quote
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/4/2015 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i would like to play Hardcore but my ping is 200 plus lag spikes
Reply Quote
Softcore is fail.... Hardcore is the way to go.... a lot more fun and you actually have to have skill to play and you focus on a lot more then damage only. There is no Rmah either, yes if you have bad connection you wont make it anyway but this will be fixed soon by blizzard well atleast it was mentioned, I my self have lost 2 chars to connection but that's ok... only makes you work harder next time around. In hardcore your fun stays a lot longer then it does in softcore.

A lot less Credit card accounts on hardcore then there is on softcore and I like to play legit without using real money so hc fits me right.

im sorry to tell you this but it requires the same amount of skill to play hc as it does sc.. and this game requires barely any skill
Reply Quote
got stuck in a wall glitch and died. lost my lvl 47. im done with HC
Reply Quote
I played enough hardcore in Diablo 2, that's all I played. All the griefing and lag deaths, I could never do it again. The RMAH and the way characters learn skills linearly and the linear quest progression only reinforces my love for softcore now. Seriously how can you stomach leveling up the same character getting the same skills walking down the same linear path? All just to lose it to lag?
Reply Quote
Hopefully blizzard does something about disconnection deaths where the character automaticly leaves game or within a second or two and not stay in game to get hit by monsters for 10-20 seconds..
Reply Quote

You got your char names confused, your hc char should be called 2pac.. coz you know you're dying son !!!!
Reply Quote
No way. I am definitely not sadistic enough to even subject myself to playing a game like that, ESPECIALLY with all the endless possibilities of random disconnects (lagging out, power going out, computer blue-screening for whatever reason, etc.). I like to be able to just relax and play a game so I guess I would be considered the opposite of a "hardcore" gamer.
Reply Quote

im sorry to tell you this but it requires the same amount of skill to play hc as it does sc.. and this game requires barely any skill

Just be sorry because you're wrong.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Toad
got stuck in a wall glitch and died. lost my lvl 47. im done with HC

Wow you certainly quit easily ;)
Reply Quote
Hardcore is too stressful. The majority of casualty in HC is lag spike, rather than poor skill (if any) or bad decision (playing a MP you shouldn't).

I do have one HC because the game is boring and I want a fresh start. But probably once he's die, it's goodbye to the game.

There should be a new mode between HC and SC. Maybe a dead chars can be revive-ed in 3days and loss 1 item on body. That way people will play carebear like in HC now and still have a chance when lag spike come.
Reply Quote
Hardcore is pretty fun for sure.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 08:24 AMPosted by stefan
That way people will play carebear like in HC now

WTF. Are you seriously playing SC and calling HC carebare?
Reply Quote
Posted by stefan
That way people will play carebear like in HC now

WTF. Are you seriously playing SC and calling HC carebare?

I played both. You can check my profile?
Reply Quote
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/4/2015 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Played HC hoping the drops would be less screwed up than in SC, no real difference. Plus had a few lucky escapes from DC's (item sink) so its not really worth the effort to play for me, one DC and you lose it all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]