Diablo® III

Softcore is fail... Hardcore is the way to go!

04/10/2013 04:32 AMPosted by NeLLy
HC are only for HC players!No SC characters please!

?? I actually made Softcore for duels only because I wasn't aware of when dueling in hc that you don't loose your character so that is the main reason why I made softcore.

BTW..

its not my fault you are bad gamer and cant 60 atleast 1 hc char... Move on buddy stop your troll like I said.... ah ferget it I will block your communication because trolls are time wasters. You have the right to your opnion "Nerd" but "Trolling" is a none respected opinion so learn to be mature and get across your opinion in a more respectful manner. Move on now and drop it because obviously you have no backbone with your opinion.

You should understand first that not having a HC character means someone is a bad gamer.
You should realize too, that not everyone has the same internet quality (or even electricity supply) as you do.
HC is not a test of skills, its just a matter of being extra careful.
Oh and if you really a HC player, NEVER use the AH. It's bad as a point of view of HC purists.
Reply Quote
A HC player who uses the AH is a cheater.
NEVER call yourself a HC if you will just depend your gear in the AH.

Really, if you want a challenge, ALL SELF-FOUND.
And now that is HARDCORE!
Reply Quote
Softcore leaves more to the imagination. :)
Reply Quote
My ISP JUST flaked out about 3 times this morning...full on no Network for a minute a pop. All my hard work would have been gone, so eh, no thanks on hardcore....death due to technology would just piss me off.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 04:50 AMPosted by DigiAngel
My ISP JUST flaked out about 3 times this morning...full on no Network for a minute a pop. All my hard work would have been gone, so eh, no thanks on hardcore....death due to technology would just piss me off.

This is what OP never will understand.
Reply Quote
Will you all just !@#$, straight up retarded for real, if you have hc mentality play hc, if you have a softie mentality play softcore, to each their own, not everyone needs adrenaline rush, not everyone enjoys the same things in life...

There is no right way to play the game there is only right way for you individually to play the game, give it a rest all of you, play sc if its fun to you or play hc if its fun to you but stop arguing amongst yourselves over the most retarded things ever, be a community instead of a bunch of individuals bored out of their asses....
Reply Quote
Softcore is fail.... Hardcore is the way to go.... a lot more fun and you actually have to have skill to play and you focus on a lot more then damage only. There is no Rmah either, yes if you have bad connection you wont make it anyway but this will be fixed soon by blizzard well atleast it was mentioned, I my self have lost 2 chars to connection but that's ok... only makes you work harder next time around. In hardcore your fun stays a lot longer then it does in softcore.

A lot less Credit card accounts on hardcore then there is on softcore and I like to play legit without using real money so hc fits me right.

HC>SC all day long, thoughts?

I only ever played HC in Diablo 2. Softcore seemed like extremely easy mode and was insta-win. From the beginning of the game you already won, you can't lose. Hardcore mode allows losing, which makes getting up there 10000x more satisfying. It also forces you to learn how to REALLY play the game.
Reply Quote
I would say HC > SC. I wish I had some other internet provider than Xfinity (Comcast) so that my internet wasn't randomly laggy all the time.
Reply Quote
You don't need more skill, just switching your focus from your mainstat to vitality and having a more defensive playstyle. It's not surprising to find out flawless square amethysts cost like 12k each there, lol.

What's really cool is that there's a solid item sink, so the economy is a bit better, but you'll still be sick of finding the same trash as always.

In the end, I find this HC holier than thou bravado pretty stupid. You're not better for picking the mode with just one life, you are simply forced to be more careful and play more defensively, but that's pretty much it. You enjoy it? More power to you, but it's quite childish to pretend like you're better simply because you picked a different mode. Grow up.
Reply Quote
You don't need more skill, just switching your focus from your mainstat to vitality and having a more defensive playstyle. It's not surprising to find out flawless square amethysts cost like 12k each there, lol.

What's really cool is that there's a solid item sink, so the economy is a bit better, but you'll still be sick of finding the same trash as always.

In the end, I find this HC holier than thou bravado pretty stupid. You're not better for picking the mode with just one life, you are simply forced to be more careful and play more defensively, but that's pretty much it. You enjoy it? More power to you, but it's quite childish to pretend like you're better simply because you picked a different mode. Grow up.

Hardcore definitely requires more skill, sorry to say. You have to always pay attention to your surroundings, your health, your party members, your resources, wp distance, etc. You can't just buy your items with a credit card, you have to earn and find your gear/gold. It's basically Hard mode, instead of Normal mode in any other game.

It's entirely different and much more difficult, no doubt about it. I played it a few times in D3 (only played HC in D2), but the lag is horrendous so I stick to boring ol' SC.
Edited by SuperduperJW#1263 on 4/10/2013 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe when all my SC toons are p100 and you know, the connection/server side issues and all that BS is fixed... then MAYBE, just maybe, I will roll HC toons. I was a big time HC and SC player in d2, and hoped to continue that fun in d3. However, I refuse to lose hours of hard work to a disconnect, in game bug, or server side issue. Skeleton King whirlwind animation bug anyone? Lol..
Reply Quote
I just lost my first guy to a fire wall last night :( Sad panda.

I'm still not very good at HC, I always forget I'm playing it and stop paying attention. I haven't finished Nightmare yet, but I'm still having a blast.
Reply Quote
lol
hc is for serious players i guess
Reply Quote
Hardcore is fail.

You tend with uncontrollable connection issues, player griefing that can easily lead to perm death in co-op and a group superiority complex as has been evident on the forums since Diablo 2.

Play softcore and take it upon yourself to delete your character upon a legit death.
Far more rewarding.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]