Diablo® III

Name another game where you've spent $60

04/10/2013 09:15 AMPosted by SirSliceALot
You know they're coming out with the MMO version, right?

Yeah ESO, didnt' get into the beta... I never get into the beta... *cries while running away*
Reply Quote
Dota 2 = FREE = 1500+ hrs
HoN = $30 = 1500+ hrs
GW2 = $60 = 250+ hrs
PoE = FREE = 200+ hrs so far

Nice, lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
CC
04/10/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Tombstone
Monster Rancher?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussI5SUwjiE

looks solid
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Oscar
You know they're coming out with the MMO version, right?

Yeah ESO, didnt' get into the beta... I never get into the beta... *cries while running away*

My brother is a big TES fan. I told him about it, and he just about flipped.
Reply Quote
Here's another list, all probably close to the $50-60 mark:

Wing Commanders, 1, 2
Tetris
CONTRA
Mega Man 2 (Best of the series!!)
Metroid
Eye of the Beholder, 1, 2
Goldeneye
Starcraft, 1, 2
Street Fighter II Turbo

I could go on and on

Also currently: Candy Crush Saga. Especially if you count throwing your phone in frustration then chasing after it because you realize you just threw a $300 phone.
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 4/10/2013 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, Goldeneye. I remember as a kid, some friends and I bought some "Jolt" cola, and played that game for the whole night straight, on many occasions.
Reply Quote
and have played it as many hours as you've played D3.

I bet the title you name is one of your favorites. Would you say that money spent was worth it?

Star Wars Battlefront II. And hell yes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
CC
Best games i've ever purchased...

Harvest Moon 64.
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

Still fun, if you can get past the graphics.
Reply Quote
AHH!!! Dune 2, how could I forget about Dune 2!
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 09:23 AMPosted by SirSliceALot
My brother is a big TES fan. I told him about it, and he just about flipped.

I'm really looking forward to it, but I sadly probably won't be able to play it. I need a game with a pause button... MMO's just can't give that to me.
Reply Quote
Pretty much every game I've ever bought, none were $60, but if you count for inflation, $60 is right on track really. I still play Heroes of Might and Magic, the entire series + expansions. Although 3 was my favorite. I don't play every day, but if you added it all up, easily 100's of hours.

Mist / Riven / Exile / etc Paid what, like $30 for these and played them 100's of hours.

Really old school, ZELDA. Zelda 1 & 2 on reg Nintendo, easily 1000 hours and still play, so its been like 30 years. Zelda 3, Snes, Couldn't even guess how much time.

Diablo 1, played almost every day for 3+ years, paid like $20 for the game. Diablo II, played on and off almost every day for 10 years (the sheer number of hours played is staggering), paid $50 or something for the collectors edition.

Command and Conquer (multiple versions), tons of hours played, never paid more than $25.

Load Runner, came with my mac plus, played for 100's of hours

I could go on forever. OP, not sure the point of your post, but there are a billion games folks paid money for or got for free that they played for 100's and 1000's of hours happily.
Reply Quote
red aleart generals zero hour
tiberain sun
gta 3 & 4
oblivian
sonic the hedgehoge
alex the kid
might and magic
jonahlomu rugby
two worlds
d1
and d2
evony
and prolly more if i think about it .............dam it looks like i wasted my time playin comps play stations and xboxes or playing wasted and lost track of time lol
also cant forget rock and roll raceing but that cost me f all except a court fine for not returning the game to the video store
Edited by RapidKill#6401 on 4/10/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Really old school, ZELDA. Zelda 1 & 2 on reg Nintendo, easily 1000 hours and still play, so its been like 30 years. Zelda 3, Snes, Couldn't even guess how much time.

OMG I just forgot about half of my childhood. *face slap* yes, a thousand times yes @ Zelda
Reply Quote
To date, 12 copies of D2 + 12 copies of LoD + way more bloody hours than this game, and its not like i dont havea few hours clocked here.

Truth though, this game aint got nothing on D2 other than shiny purdies.

PS : no, not for botting, as they are all still registered and functional across all my accounts in batches of three. :P I dare say though, that D2 finally earned its retirement stage from me. Took long enough, and no, i havent found a replacement. Im wondering if any arpg will ever be as great as d2 was.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/10/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pretty much every game I've ever bought, none were $60, but if you count for inflation, $60 is right on track really. I still play Heroes of Might and Magic, the entire series + expansions. Although 3 was my favorite. I don't play every day, but if you added it all up, easily 100's of hours.

Mist / Riven / Exile / etc Paid what, like $30 for these and played them 100's of hours.

Diablo 1, played almost every day for 3+ years, paid like $20 for the game. Diablo II, played on and off almost every day for 10 years (the sheer number of hours played is staggering), paid $50 or something for the collectors edition.

Command and Conquer (multiple versions), tons of hours played, never paid more than $25.

Load Runner, came with my mac plus, played for 100's of hours

I could go on forever. OP, not sure the point of your post, but there are a billion games folks paid money for or got for free that they played for 100's and 1000's of hours happily.

No real serious point, honestly. Simply a game appreciation/perspective thread.
Reply Quote
To date, 12 copies of D2 + 12 copies of LoD + way more bloody hours than this game, and its not like i dont havea few hours clocked here.

Truth though, this game aint got nothing on D2 other than shiny purdies.

PS : no, not for botting, as they are all still registered and functional across all my accounts in batches of three. :P I dare say though, that D2 finally earned its retirement stage from me. Took long enough, and no, i havent found a replacement. Im wondering if any arpg will ever be as great as d2 was.

I doubt it.. That's like asking Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to rewrite the White Album.
Reply Quote
Every final fantasy game ever, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Achaea (over 10,000 hours on this) HoN (I have probably 2000+ hours on this one), Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4...so many.
Reply Quote
Skyrim (and all other TES games)
Borderlands 2
Mechwarrior Online

In the past

Anarchy Online (7 years)
Diablo 2
Freelancer
Edited by Sparzy666#6882 on 4/10/2013 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
At least I've made back my $60 and then some. ;-) Zelda never gave me a red cent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]