Name another game where you've spent $60

age of empires 1
best game ever
day the zone went down was the worst day for gaming ever

:(
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 10:41 AMPosted by DarknessEyes
Dungeon Siege 2

SERIOUSLY? the game was SUPER linear, mobs didn't respawn, and there weren't really a large variety of items or spells you could choose. Horrible Game in retrospect... I can't believe I chose that over WoW for so long
Reply Quote
Name one game where you spent $60 (video/computer) and made over $60... this is the reason why so many initially bought D3 and why some still play it.

It's entertainment and a lottery ticket at the same time!
Reply Quote
My friends and I still have a guilty pleasure that we play on rare occasion. "Champions of Norath". For some reason, it was one of my friend's favorite games, so we play it to make him happy. We basically just drink the whole time and make fun of it while we play, but it's just a good time, like a party game.
Reply Quote
Halo the original. That was true PVP.
Reply Quote
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Reply Quote
I gotta say, it's always nice to get some perspective.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Bane
Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Exactly. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and SSF4:AE 2012

I still play these games more often than I play D3.
Reply Quote
Sid Meier's Pirates! The original. On the Commodore 64. Actually, paid 4.99 for it. Played it for YEARS.

The remake, alas, was soulless.
Reply Quote
Thank you OP! I 100% agree. Blizzard did a great job with D3 imo. Gamers these days are spoiled little shats.
Reply Quote
Minecraft
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Homicyde
Im wondering if any arpg will ever be as great as d2 was.

Word! The team / company who creates a true D2 clone with some updated features, expansive open worlds, and graphics and a good multilayer online experience will be Gods! Sorry but nothing out there is quite like it. Torchlight doesn't do it (close but too cartoonish), D3...ya um, no, PoE...sorry, again similar and harold as a D2 clone, but its still lacking.
Reply Quote
5,600+ hours on Runescape since 2005.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Zerachiel
Thank you OP! I 100% agree. Blizzard did a great job with D3 imo. Gamers these days are spoiled little shats.

haha :)
Reply Quote
cod and starcraft 2
Reply Quote
'Addictive' and 'fun' can be two very different characteristics of a video game.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 09:03 AMPosted by SirSliceALot
and have played it as many hours as you've played D3.

Here is a list of games that I never stopped playing:

Diablo 2 + expansion

Neverwinter Nights + expansions

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri + expansion

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

I may have put more hours into games like Fallout 3 or Planescape: Torment than I have put into Diablo 3 so far (and I'm planning to play through them again) but I'll be playing Diablo 3 for the foreseeable future.

-JJ
Reply Quote
Dark Souls, I've gotten around 300+ hours out of it so far. I've gotten far more hours out of cheaper games, Dark Souls is one of the few games I purchased at full price lol. Maybe 100 at the most out of Diablo 3.

Skyrim I bought at full price too but I think I played through only 30 hours before I got sick of it. I like my RPGs more story-driven and with a set goal (Yea I know, nerd) like Dragon Age Origins or Mass Effect, I'm not a big fan of walk around and do whatever you want kind of games.
Reply Quote
Skyrim I have 300 hours.

Warcraft 3 approximately 5000-6000 hours

Diablo 2 + LOD about 3500 hours

Also, my step dad owned a arcade in Whistler at one point. No clue how many hours I played, but I do know that the amount of time I played was valued around $60000

WoW about 300 hours

CoD titles prolly close to 1000 hours

Jedi Academy(JK3(amazing game)) about 300hours

and yeah... alot more xD

But Im sorry after this past year, looking back at Diablo 3, although it has its upsides(combat, auto-goldpickup) there's too many fundamental issues, items, time spent identifying, and crafting( I made a post about the time it would take to make a Marquise Gem from Flawless Squares(Even with a bot the shortest possible time was 47 minutes)

While I'm glad they are making changes based upon my posts, I don't understand how these problems even existed in the 1st place. They should have learnt more from D2 and it's mistakes/upsides.

I've pretty much quit D3 and gone back to Jedi Academy and to Planetside 2, onces the itemization is taken care of I 'may' return then. But I assume i'll do the same I'm doing with skyrim. which is wait until enough new content comes that the game feels revamped.
Edited by Veracruz#1867 on 4/10/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]