Diablo® III

Please shorten the disconnect timer BLIZZ

No reason for it to be 10 seconds especially in HC this is an easy fix....you have a patch coming out....take 2 minutes and change the line of code from 10seconds to 5 seconds. It doesn't completely fix the problem but it'll def lower the chance of being DC killed in HC.
Edited by MASKOAA#1251 on 4/16/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They have no choice, people would exploit it to avoid death.

It makes save and exit seem like easy mode.
Reply Quote

I don't care about the people who would exploit it...if your near death you arent gonna pause the game and go....okay I'm near death...lets give that mob a free 5 seconds.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 09:15 AMPosted by MASKOAA
I don't care about the people who would exploit it...if your near death you arent gonna pause the game and go....okay I'm near death...lets give that mob a free 5 seconds.

Nope but you can use a skill like Serenity and then alt+f4.

The timer has to be longer than defensive abilities.
Edited by Murderin#1918 on 4/16/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
People who want to ruin the mode for themselves let them, the accidental deaths from disconnects outweigh my concern for them as it should everyone. How about make it if you CHOOSE to leave or ALT+F4 then the timer goes back to 10 seconds...I'm sure the game can register such a simple task.
Reply Quote

Serenity alt F4.

Yeah. keep it 10 seconds.
Reply Quote

Serenity alt F4.

Yeah. keep it 10 seconds.

Keep up.
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 09:09 AMPosted by MASKOAA
No reason for it to be 10 seconds especially in HC this is an easy fix....you have a patch coming out....take 2 minutes and change the line of code from 10seconds to 5 seconds. It doesn't completely fix the problem but it'll def lower the chance of being DC killed in HC.

PoE suits you.
Reply Quote
Cancel buffs like serenity when you save and exit, and put the timer to 3-5 seconds.

10 seconds is enough to kill even really well geared players, its not cool.
Edited by Fegelein#6385 on 4/16/2013 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 08:24 PMPosted by TopStock
then go back to town first.. its hardcore for a reason

Go back to town.. when you disconnect??
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 08:24 PMPosted by TopStock
10 seconds is enough to kill even really well geared players, its not cool.

then go back to town first.. its hardcore for a reason

Did you read the title of the thread.....you cannot go back to town when the server does a huge lag spike and you DC....gtfo troll.
Reply Quote
Everyone opposing the idea to op barely plays HC. Maskoaa has a decently high paragon HC character, so has a lot more to lose.

The idea of dying to a DC in Diablo 3 is what ruins the HC experience, the fact in can happen, and whats worse, the fact its the scariest thing about playing HC. HC should be like dark souls, where death can happen because of something you did wrong, or a really strong foe you were over confident about (how I lost my level 55 monk).

Instead, the only thing hard about Diablo 3 is there unreliable servers. People stack vit and AR in HC not because the monsters hit hard, but so you can stand a chance of surviving for 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
82 Troll Shaman
Just died, please do SOMETHING. Give us some kind of an option, if you aren't going to roll back...
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Heisenberg
Instead, the only thing hard about Diablo 3 is there unreliable servers. People stack vit and AR in HC not because the monsters hit hard, but so you can stand a chance of surviving for 10 seconds.

+1 never lost a hardcore character that wasn't to a disconnect, please stop this bs from happening and just increase the difficulty of the game.
Reply Quote
A fix is LONG overdue games been out for 11 months.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]