Diablo® III

Please shorten the disconnect timer BLIZZ

04/17/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Glock
You babies need to stop complaining about something that you knew before you even made the characters. HC deaths due to DC are part of it... it's an internet based game. Shyt happens. You people are WAY over exaggeration how often it happens too. In most cases its probably your own PC or internet... if your hardware isn't up for it don't play HC.

Don't comment on things you know nothing about, seriously don't you look like a fool.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 02:00 PMPosted by rizoh
Should be 10sec for Softcore and 3-5 Seconds for HC

dont know why there should be any timer in sc anyway...I mean who really would purposely dc before they died on purpose...theres nothin to gain...oh wait about 5K in repairs...u could have made that back in the amount of time it takes u to relog into the game and get in a game...but sc aside since no one cares about sc disconnect timer.

I do agree with what someone else said that alot more dc"s are from your own end than what you might think and as far as most players dieing from dc's I dont think is true as as long as I played hc I seen about 15 players die and none of them were from dc and I know cause they were fighting the whole time and after they died they always type somethin...I would say most dealths ive seen are from being frozen continuously to dealth...im not sayin lots dont die from dc but alot of those are on the players end even though everyone refuses to want to believe that because it makes u feel better by blaming it on blizz...I do however think they should be able to detect if its the server lagging and if it is immedietly dc you from game or give u invunerability during any time your lagging because of it.
Reply Quote
agreed with op

didnt read thread...but people get AR, life regen, vit to save their character from 10 sec dc

the monsters dont scare me even the slightest

question for blizzard...when my client freezes on rakkis crossing every time...does that trigger a dc?

i lost my latest level barb after freezing at rakkis, diablo 3 not responding in task manager....
Reply Quote
Bumping till blue responds =)
Reply Quote
For the record, if your game crashes or you ALT+F4 out of the game, your character will NOT disconnect after 10 seconds, it is not the same time as when you legitly leave a game. It's closer to 30 seconds. I've timed this on our LAN network at home and it took my character at least 25 seconds to get booted out of battle.net.
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
play solo mode... things look fishy.. hit escape to pause the game then dc your internet problem solved no death and you get to continue to make bad choices or dumb mistakes :) happy hc trails to you all
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 06:38 AMPosted by magiofchaos
play solo mode... things look fishy.. hit escape to pause the game then dc your internet problem solved no death and you get to continue to make bad choices or dumb mistakes :) happy hc trails to you all

This doesnt work if theres a sudden lag spike, after the spike hits pausing the game doesnt stop the mobs from attacking on the server since the server never got the pause command.
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
You think that making logout instant for cheaters on HC won't affect those who play fair? Right, I can already see those bots farming endlessly and leaving the game whenever it gets hot. HC market would get flooded with gear just like SC and nobody would actually see any difference in gameplay.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Headache
You think that making logout instant for cheaters on HC won't affect those who play fair? Right, I can already see those bots farming endlessly and leaving the game whenever it gets hot. HC market would get flooded with gear just like SC and nobody would actually see any difference in gameplay.

Bots wouldnt waste their time farming HC, most casuals who buy gear stay in SC thats were the money is for bots....def not in HC.
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
blues were are you
Reply Quote
LEAVE AS IS

you know its not 10 seconds that kills you, its the 35 seconds you sit idle before the timer starts that kills you
Reply Quote
b
Reply Quote
People saying NO (Murderin (HC lv 8), Ritalynn (no HC char), TopStock (no HC char)) have no idea what are they talkin about. Make at least one 10PL HC char and you'll have a permission to speak about hardcore.

Finishing D3 without deaths is hardcore.
Being able to play at MP1+ without deaths is hardcore.
Making 100PL without deaths is hardcore.
Loosing hundreds of hours because of server bug, dc, rubberbanging, d3 error, long freeze is not hardcore.

Even

4 457 000 EHP
170 000 HP
970 @res (shout)
12 235 armor (shout)
33% block (3700-4700)
4000 HP REGEN
18% dodge

doesn't save you from a disconect timer kick from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKKg55TrGWE (1.17 to 1.47s is 30s, so you're dead).

I lost my 60(29) monk due freeze/rubberbanging half year ago and stopped playing HC since it will be playable.
Edited by Evantis#2510 on 4/19/2013 4:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Evantis, there are a few factors which are not in that video, one he has no follower. Anyone playing HC has a follower who is geared and able to kill some monsters, making your hero take less dmg during a DC event. His first death was a tab unrealistic, there was a TON of mobs, you would likely have some of the dead, it would be rare to have that many around you like that. Once again, nobody goes around collecting monsters, you kill as you go (for fear of DC, lol). The second death he did not have shout up, thus no life regen, which is what keeps you up during a DC.

This said, it was a barb, any other class is dead if even a few mobs are around during a DC.

We should be able to gear for playing the game, not in case a DC happens. Had one hit me tonight, because of my solid EHP and the fact I play barb, she survived. Now, if I was playing a Wizard when all the beams of death surrounded me during my DC, insta-dead, regardless of MP or gear.
Reply Quote
Sure the lack of follower makes a small difference, but I don't think it's noticeable when you're surrounded by mobs and elites during DC. And with mob density patch it will be a common situation. For the second death, well if you die by DC, you don't always have all buffs on, right?

That guy with insane EHP stuff (4,5 mln!), godlike hp, is not able to survive 30 seconds? At MP0? With best tank class (additional invisible -30% dmg from class bonus)?
Edited by Evantis#2510 on 4/19/2013 5:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]