Diablo® III

Witch Doctor MP 10 Build - Non 0 Dog

Don't know how much testing OP has done, but there isn't really a valid Pet build that can do MP10 reliably, definitely not with the outlined choice of power/passive and his current level of mitigation.
Reply Quote
Hey...im really lacking WD friends....and as i see most of you have 150k+ dps...can i add you all?

lol (not but seriously)
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 09:25 AMPosted by grovak
Not only wouldn't it be all that fast but the cost is insane for the gear that guy has on his profile, and for just the cost of one part you could fully equip a barb, wiz, or monk with good enough gear to run around in mp10 and do a better job than his WD fully geared as is.

YOu should stop posting your advice unless you are going to show that you have put enough time in to make your opinion valid. Otherwise posting from starcraft accounts does you no justice in getting your opinion across, it just makes you look like an idiot who doesnt pay the game and has no place to complain
I have posted my account for anyone to see, in the other WD thread that you also made this same complaint in. Seems you just lack reading comprehension skills.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/voluptuary-1812/
Reply Quote
OP, take all your gear off and get rid of your gold until you have 1 to 2 million left.

Now gear yourself with that gold and attempt to do MP10 with what you listed. Your going to find it won't work.

What you really should have said is: Buy gold off the RMAH, gear yourself up to the 9's and then proceed with this build. The key to the build is buying gold and gearing yourself.
Reply Quote
OP, take all your gear off and get rid of your gold until you have 1 to 2 million left.

Now gear yourself with that gold and attempt to do MP10 with what you listed. Your going to find it won't work.

What you really should have said is: Buy gold off the RMAH, gear yourself up to the 9's and then proceed with this build. The key to the build is buying gold and gearing yourself.

IMO every class should require a significant gold /investment to be able to do MP10 efficiently. If I can gear for MP10 on 100 million gold or less then MP10 should not be the highest difficulty. The highest difficulty should take months and months of effort to get yourself up to. And even then only the best of the best should be able to do it well.

Basically i'm saying barbs are too easy to gear rather then WDs being too hard to gear.
Reply Quote
It's not even possible to select all the skills he listed for the build. He chose 3 out of the same skill set.
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 11:14 AMPosted by CrazyCanuck
It's not even possible to select all the skills he listed for the build. He chose 3 out of the same skill set.

go to options, and check "Elective Mode"
Reply Quote
Well, well, well...

First off, thank you to all who submitted a post. The constructive criticism was well received, however I do wonder if several of the posters have the metal capacity to tie their own shoe lace.

The purpose of the post was to suggest an alternative MP 9-10 build for WDs and boost overall WD morale. Period.

I'd like to thank all those who have suggested I spent four million dollars on my gear. It is actually a great compliment since I worked very hard finding deals on the AH for my gold. Have you ever purchased an iLevel 42 Burizo-Do Kyanon for 10,000 gold and sold it for 200,000,000 gold for it's exceptional freeze on hit, to be used by the Scoundrel? I have.

It is also worth noting that one simply can not purchase BoA items.
Edited by Nyro#1494 on 4/3/2013 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Nyro,

I have been tinkering with a Non 0dog / Non Bear build for Mp10 play for a long time and have settled on a build that has worked very well. It is in fact pretty similar in spirit to what you have listed.

Spirit Walk - Jaunt
Soul Harvest - Vengeful Spirit
Garg - Humongoid
Zombie Dogs - Leaching Beast

Dart - Splinter
Acid Cloud - Acid Rain or Grasp of Dead - Unbreakable Grasp

Passives:
PtV, SV, Jungle Fortitude or Zombie Handler

Like your setup, No Mana regen is really required as the majority of the dmg comes from the primary. In my case I use Dart instead of Frogs as I like the distance. Garg, Dogs, & Templar keep the mobs at bay and you essentially sit back and deal dmg.

Acid Cloud is there to easily regain health back, if you have no LS then I'd swap w/ Grasp to further limit the chance of a mob getting to you.

This setup has worked fairly well for me in MP10 as you rarely die and can mow down Elites fairly fast. I will say though that it is still not as efficient as a bear setup. But can be a viable option.
Reply Quote
Sounds like a nice setup indeed. I found that with Zombie Bears, I was running out of mana too fast. And when the mana ran out, so did the life :(

I felt the WD could be so much better than spamming bears. Granted, our builds may be a bit trickier to master, however I personally hardly ever die using my build and I would much rather have it that way.

However, everyone has their own preferences I suppose.
Reply Quote
Im farming MP10 with my current bear build No problem . Just make sure you got good LS (better then LoH for bears)
Reply Quote
Not only wouldn't it be all that fast but the cost is insane for the gear that guy has on his profile, and for just the cost of one part you could fully equip a barb, wiz, or monk with good enough gear to run around in mp10 and do a better job than his WD fully geared as is.

YOu should stop posting your advice unless you are going to show that you have put enough time in to make your opinion valid. Otherwise posting from starcraft accounts does you no justice in getting your opinion across, it just makes you look like an idiot who doesnt pay the game and has no place to complain

I have posted my account for anyone to see, in the other WD thread that you also made this same complaint in. Seems you just lack reading comprehension skills.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/voluptuary-1812/[/quote]
You should look at the time stamps of both of my posts and realize they were posted within 2 minutes of each other prior to both of your posts.
Reply Quote
Umm...
Rain of Toads taken to a new level, where life steal can actually work. I never would have thought I'd see it. Good enough gear to deal with it.

I can make suggestions for skills... but, if you're happy who cares?
Reply Quote
OP - Just for laughs, swap the knife for an Azurewrath (even a great one is very cheap), and swap Hex for Big Bad Voodoo/Slam Dance. Yes, I'm serious.
Reply Quote
Freeze belt would be nice too. Maybe mix in some other procs if you can find them without sacrificing DPS.

Lose SV and use Bad Medicine. Better to have a skill that will keep you alive than a built in butt saver.

I would get rid of grasp and use AC/Acid Rain or Slow Burn. Why? Because Grasp doesn't work very well on high MP. AC is acid and will sync with BM passive. Better to recast dogs to hold monsters in place than using grasp.

Change dogs to Rabid dogs to sync with BM.

Just my thoughts. I run a BM proc Doctor without pets in MP10 and use Toads,AC, and Bears.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 4/5/2013 3:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 12:10 AMPosted by manvan
OP - Just for laughs, swap the knife for an Azurewrath (even a great one is very cheap), and swap Hex for Big Bad Voodoo/Slam Dance. Yes, I'm serious.

That sounds like a hell of a good time. Currently my Scoundrel has a Kyanon and Star of Az for a combined +15% FoH with a faily high pierce percentage. He tends to keep the mobs at bay rather will, especially since once of his abilities slows them right down,

And I think trying Acid Cloud is an excellent idea. I will experiment with this also.

Thanks for the feedback!
Reply Quote
Freeze belt would be nice too. Maybe mix in some other procs if you can find them without sacrificing DPS.

Lose SV and use Bad Medicine. Better to have a skill that will keep you alive than a built in butt saver.

I would get rid of grasp and use AC/Acid Rain or Slow Burn. Why? Because Grasp doesn't work very well on high MP. AC is acid and will sync with BM passive. Better to recast dogs to hold monsters in place than using grasp.

Change dogs to Rabid dogs to sync with BM.

Just my thoughts. I run a BM proc Doctor without pets in MP10 and use Toads,AC, and Bears.

This was unbelievably awesome advice! The game just became 10 times more fun. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Reply Quote
in your opening build you state that the poison damage in the rain of toads in complimented with the added poison % damage from zuni boots and tal's amulet. this isn't how it works at all.

the % poison damage is only additional damage added to the "black" damage component of your weapon (and min-max damage rings and amulets.) it adds no extra benefit to poison skills beyond this. the way it is worded is counter-intuitive, but you will gain more bonus from the % poison bonus if you use a non-elemental damage weapon.
Reply Quote
Wow - I did not know that. Thanks for the info, this makes a black damage purchase more viable in the near future.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]