Diablo® III

Witch Doctor MP 10 Build - Non 0 Dog

View profile
in your opening build you state that the poison damage in the rain of toads in complimented with the added poison % damage from zuni boots and tal's amulet. this isn't how it works at all.

the % poison damage is only additional damage added to the "black" damage component of your weapon (and min-max damage rings and amulets.) it adds no extra benefit to poison skills beyond this. the way it is worded is counter-intuitive, but you will gain more bonus from the % poison bonus if you use a non-elemental damage weapon.

and just to add, a ruby in weap will also benefit from this
Reply Quote
I posted an opinion on this build when you posted it on general chat. This is not an efficient build even with high dps. Mana = Damage = Survivability for WD's. I don't know how you can manage to stay awake waiting to kill the elites spamming Rain of Toads. Because given the skill set you provided, mana is drained almost instantly and given the gear you are doing it with the more you will starve for mana.

Like a lot of WD's out there I simply cannot manage not to use Zuni set or at least mana regen on mojo above mp8. This may work for single player but will still take a lot of time. Simply not efficeint at all. PTV gives you paper DPS but most WD's know it is a ridiculous passive with the way it drains mana. You did not propose a single passive for mana regen with this build which is the most important thing on high MP's.
Edited by Gooze#6814 on 4/7/2013 4:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Not only wouldn't it be all that fast but the cost is insane for the gear that guy has on his profile, and for just the cost of one part you could fully equip a barb, wiz, or monk with good enough gear to run around in mp10 and do a better job than his WD fully geared as is.

I partially agree with this.

The build is successful because of the ultra-high end gear.
You could gear up any class like this and it would work with unconventional builds on MP10.

I cannot agree that this build is successful in terms of efficiency with the gear used by the OP. A WD with 200k dps with a zuni 4 set pc and mana regen on mojo will kill faster using bears, spiders/ghost bomb, vision quest, spiritual attunement.
Edited by Gooze#6814 on 4/7/2013 4:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
IMO spirtual attunement isnt that much of a boost, regen 1% of mana per second, @1000 ,mana thats only a 10 mana boost, which is negligible, even at base 1000 man, +20% = 1200 mana offering up only 2 more mana per second.
There are more optimal ways to get mana for WD than spiritual attunement
Reply Quote
IMO spirtual attunement isnt that much of a boost, regen 1% of mana per second, @1000 ,mana thats only a 10 mana boost, which is negligible, even at base 1000 man, +20% = 1200 mana offering up only 2 more mana per second.

I agree but at high MP you cannot really rely on gruesome feast/grave injustice specially during uber bosses. For lower MP's yes.
Edited by Gooze#6814 on 4/7/2013 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey OP, where's your life regen coming from? I see leeching beasts there, which seems good until an elite kills them and the dogs are on cooldown. Don't you need another source of healing?
Reply Quote
Hmm, at first I thought this was a dinosaur thread from long ago, but it's recent.

To put things in perspective, let's have a term called eDPS, which is the effective DPS we output while in-game.

If OP is using primaries, then his DPS is around 400k or so. PTV is already reflected into the sheet DPS.

A common WD with 120k DPS using a single cast of bears, with 2 out of 3 bears hitting will do the same amount of eDPS as the OP.

Looks like a lot of wasted gold, just to be as effective as a 120k DPS WD. I strongly encourage OP to read the sticky on guides and builds at the front page of the WD forums.
Reply Quote

I agree but at high MP you cannot really rely on gruesome feast/grave injustice specially during uber bosses. For lower MP's yes.

Spiritual Attunement can be the best mana passive, but only in specific circumstances. The benefit is far more than 1% mana regen - it is the 20% max to mana pool. When coupled with a few other items with extra mana (ToTD, Zuni helm, SoJ, etc) it's quite easy to get mana to 1300. This means SA gives you about 220 extra mana, which also means every globe and death near you gives a bigger boost (when using GI/GF). That's the real benefit - the synergies with other skills (notably GI/GF/SW).

It's not a great skill against ubers, but I use it on mp10 to great effect.
Reply Quote
hmm no one told me i couldnt do mp10 hahaha even with my low dps i manage it just fine.drop my gi and put in jungle and i roll mp10 keeps all night.im more tank and crowd control than a dps monster.but if you time armor and spirit walk with lifesteal i can stand mostly anything anything as long as im dps'ing for Ls. 3 beams on me at once will kill me though.
Reply Quote
Nyro,

Can you post a video of you playing mp10? I'm interested to see your play style as you point out it's not all about spirit walking into a mob and face tanking with bears (which is currently what I do btw!).

I'm also curious as to how you manage your mana while maintaining your DPS output. If you could post a video that would be great, otherwise if you can explain that would be cool too.

Thanks
Reply Quote
IMO, bear and 0 dog are still the best build for mp10.
Reply Quote
my current build I think is one of the best for MP10. Massive dmg everywhere
Reply Quote
I have seen a lot of critics to OP. Of cos there are.

Pets build can be viable build for MP10. It's just boring and take long time to kill. You can get compensation for stacking IAS as OP do which can greatly improve your dps (and pets build can handle mana relatively easy).

Try the traditional pets build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bRUZYT!daX!caaYaY

You can handle Mp10 with much lesser gears than OP. It's just ... boring.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 09:38 PMPosted by danitefox
my current build I think is one of the best for MP10. Massive dmg everywhere

Nice build dantiefox, I think I might try the Goryfetch. What MP are you able to farm efficiently without dying too much?
Reply Quote

Spiritual Attunement can be the best mana passive, but only in specific circumstances. The benefit is far more than 1% mana regen - it is the 20% max to mana pool. When coupled with a few other items with extra mana (ToTD, Zuni helm, SoJ, etc) it's quite easy to get mana to 1300. This means SA gives you about 220 extra mana, which also means every globe and death near you gives a bigger boost (when using GI/GF). That's the real benefit - the synergies with other skills (notably GI/GF/SW).

It's not a great skill against ubers, but I use it on mp10 to great effect.

Even at 1300 max mana spiritual attunement offers only 13 mana per second, id rather use other means to boost mana or survivability than that.
I can spam bears for a good 5 seconds before i have to run with 980 mana, and thats at 1.9 atks per second, which would spend approximately 250 mana per second.
My build requires me to move though.
with Big Bad Voodoo and Rain Dance rune, I can spam it almost indefinitely.
Reply Quote
What you really should have said is: Buy gold off the RMAH, gear yourself up to the 9's and then proceed with this build. The key to the build is buying gold and gearing yoursel

Well said.......
Reply Quote
Even at 1300 max mana spiritual attunement offers only 13 mana per second, id rather use other means to boost mana or survivability than that.
I can spam bears for a good 5 seconds before i have to run with 980 mana, and thats at 1.9 atks per second, which would spend approximately 250 mana per second.
My build requires me to move though.
with Big Bad Voodoo and Rain Dance rune, I can spam it almost indefinitely.

As I said in my previous post, it is not the mana regen which makes SA strong, it is the synergies with other skills. I'll use your current build as an example.

At the moment you are running GI/GF/BR. If a monster dies and leaves a globe, you will get back about 120 mana (~100 from GF and 20 from GI). Since you are running with BR, you also get a 15% reduction to spell cost.

Now assume you are using GI/GF/SA. If a monster dies and leaves a globe, you will get back about 144 mana (~120 from GF and 24 from GI). You also get an extra 12 mana regen per second. If you are killing things quickly, using GI/GF, and have a decent PUR I think SA is usually the better option.

There are plenty of other great synergies too, the best one being spirit walk (honored guest). With your current setup it would return 300 mana, but with SA you would get 400. Since you're already using GI, the cooldown on this skill should reset quite often, leaving you with massive mana regen capabilities.

I'm not saying SA is always better than BR for everyone, but it certainly works better for me...
Reply Quote
I'm not saying SA is always better than BR for everyone, but it certainly works better for me...

@grovak
They are completely different passives in the way they work.
This means different specs/gear/situations etc will determine the better passive.
Say if you are with a 0dog wd, the max mana alone from SA will add lots of mana per second thru globes. I like to run PtV/GF/SA. The 0dog WD needs to produce consistant globes for this build to shine.

As for the OP, for mp10 solo, I like to run a build similar to danite. GI/GF/BR. Hex or paranoia. Vodoo. Bear Spam.

If you play it right, you can do mp10 fast with few deaths.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]