Diablo® III

I think barb is underpowered...

As a Barbarian I think we need to have a few more skills to balance out some of our "short comings". I don't want to come off as rude or single minded but our class is the most important for a reason. Barbs are cool and more popular too just look at the charts.

I don't want to bore you all with my opinions so I will just lay down some facts:

1. Barbarian is the only class with Strength as a prime stat? so we should get twice as much. fair?

2. Barbarian (even females) are the largest class so we should be allowed to wear extra belts and amulets. keeping it real with the Lore...

3. There is no reason why shouts should count as three skill slots... instead call it Battle Cry and make it do (Armor, All resist, damage, crit chance, rage regeneration, lower enemy damage and slow them) this will free up some space.

4. Ruthless passive should just be a built in mechanic. All Barbs are ruthless.

5. WW should have a leap attack.

04/04/2013 12:09 AMPosted by BladeMaster
Why not just make it so barbs can pickup their other party members and use them and their skills as weapons.....cm wiz in one hand cyclone monk in the other

7. WotB needs to toss out axes that pierce targets as we attack.

These are just a few of the needed buffs we are needing and should already have. I Look forward to trying these changes out on the PTR thx again Bliz!
Edited by Knoland#1632 on 4/9/2013 11:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think also, like the future buff to Archon wizards, kills made by other players should extend WotB because it's a super skill with a 120 second cool down and it is obviously intended to be up 100% of the time and it's not like they have any other means to keep the skill up for more of their play time by shortening the cool down. Infact lets just make it so if you have Archon or WotB on your skill bar you get it 100% of the time just because barbs and wizards really could use the extra attention since no one plays them in MP10.

Now for those WD's and DH's they need to be taken down a peg or four. Especially the WD's who have a large number of skills/items based around the on kill/death mechanic Blizzard felt was broken enough to warrant extra special attention when it slightly effected the wizard.
Edited by voluptuary#1812 on 4/3/2013 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 10:19 PMPosted by Knoland

Are you suggesting that when I click on a monster it leaps to him and then starts WW automatically after I land on him?

If so I like this idea and it sounds rather interesting to me.
Reply Quote

Are you suggesting that when I click on a monster it leaps to him and then starts WW automatically after I land on him?

If so I like this idea and it sounds rather interesting to me.

No, you WW'ing and creates hurricane while on mid-air, then earthquake upon touching the ground XD
Edited by Xuu#6972 on 4/3/2013 10:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why hasn't anyone brought up the "2-handers in each hand" buff barbs need? In fact barb hands are big enough to hold 2 x 2-handers in EACH hand for a total of 4 weapons. Blizzard, I patiently await my 4x Skorn set up.
Reply Quote
^^^ That's actually a really good idea DJINN

To add to that there is no reason at all barbs shouldn't be able to use ranged weapons while not in melee. Maybe auto switch from ranged to melee weapons depending on range. I was thinking since barbs are so big they should probably be able to use a Manticore in each hand.
Edited by Proeliator#1245 on 4/3/2013 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Since there's already Lifesteal on mighty belts.... it should be plausible for LoH to roll on barb belts too. Huge belts are the coolest - just like WWE (genuine sport no less!) champion belts.
Reply Quote
Since babarian are so huge and strong, why can't just allow him to hang a quiver beside his belt? So a babarian should be able to use 2 x manticore dual sockets to attack while doing his ww. So it will become Strafe...

So I agree that he should be able to leap whille ww, it should become a better version of strafe, leaping, while doing ww and using his manticores. Damn cool man!!

Dont tell me he cannot hold a dead chicken (Manajuma's Gory Fetch -Wd off hand) with the other hand, so just let him use other WD's off hand as well.

Is that ok? Topic starter? Since babarian has a lot of "short comings" and underpowered. We must do something.
Edited by chunlee#1401 on 4/3/2013 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I vote dual wield shields, with every attack counting as a stun.
Reply Quote
Why not just make it so barbs can pickup their other party members and use them and their skills as weapons.....cm wiz in one hand cyclone monk in the other
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 12:09 AMPosted by BladeMaster

This
Reply Quote
Lol love the terrible suggestions.

While we're at it why not have the Barbarians Ground Stomp simply kill everything in Sanctuary.

Or how about WD. Have them pass gas that kills all enemies due to it's poisonous stench (who knows what WD's eat?!?).

Or the Monk. Since you have a bell already let them also summon the bell tower to smash on their enemies. Or switch Daibos out for something like Clarinets and claws for flutes taped together. Psh, let the monk summon an entire band wielding musical instruments to take over the world.
Reply Quote
I think the OP "IQ" is underpowered ...
Reply Quote
I agree. Feed me more.
Reply Quote
Agree I've never seen a barb that can keep up or out farm me. Buff em.
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 10:19 PMPosted by Knoland
I don't want to bore you all

Oh but you did...
Reply Quote
the amount of troll post in this thread is too dammed high.
Reply Quote
You forgot ...

1. the ever popular dual wielding two hander weapons

2. call of ancients should be permanent summons as barbarian is the only class without pets

3. WW should cost less fury for faster attack speed. This might go against what every other channel skills do, but the barbarian is not just any random chuck. ... Wait, they totally already have this one.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 4/4/2013 2:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
since barbs are so big they should be able to strap a shield to their butts.... one on each cheek...
Reply Quote
As a Barbarian I think we need to have a few more skills to balance out some of our "short comings". I don't want to come off as rude or single minded but our class is the most important for a reason. Barbs are cool and more popular too just look at the charts.

I don't want to bore you all with my opinions so I will just lay down some facts:

1. Barbarian is the only class with Strength as a prime stat? so we should get twice as much. fair?

2. Barbarian (even females) are the largest class so we should be allowed to wear extra belts and amulets. keeping it real with the Lore...

3. There is no reason why shouts should count as three skill slots... instead call it Battle Cry and make it do (Armor, All resist, damage, crit chance, rage regeneration, lower enemy damage and slow them) this will free up some space.

4. Ruthless passive should just be a built in mechanic. All Barbs are ruthless.

These are just a few of the needed buffs we are needing and should already have. I Look forward to trying these changes out on the PTR thx again Bliz!

Yes the game needs fixing, but your proposal looks like a 2nd grader dreamt it up
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]