Diablo® III

I think barb is underpowered...

I think the biggest issue is how OP the DH is, they seriously need to be nerfed.

I mean the only class you see in mp10 games are DH. There are also tons of DH selling solo mp10 uber services, Blizzard needs to nerf them.

I mean where do all those arrows and bolts come from? I think DH should have to craft them at the blacksmith. 100k gold for each arrow also 10 iridescent tears and 1 brimstone. Also they can only have max 100 arrows and they cant pick them up after they shoot them since they are ruined when they hit an enemy. They should also have to channel for 3 seconds between every shot to reload.

Also crossbows should have recoil and do 10% of the damage dealt to the DH with every shot, and knock them back.

I think if Blizzard were to implement these changes then DH would be in line with the other classes and we might actually start seeing some barbs in mp10.

- This post is sarcastic and not meant to be taken seriously. Just pointing this out for those who are going to read this and not come to that realization.
Reply Quote
I would welcome it actually if the game was more restrictive around gear. But it should offer alternatives then. No twohand weapons like hammers, axes etc. for wizards. Give them class specific options. Two hand staff for example. No one is using them. No one picks them up.

Same for the monk. A trademark of the monk is his daybo. Daybo? What is that ... ah! This useless thing that sometimes drops on the ground and that can never have usefull stats on it ... yeah that thing!

What about fists? Remember that for the assasin in Diablo 2 actually weapons ONLY the assasin could use have been the best options? Or that a Wizard was actually using a WIZARD WAND/STAFF.

Now everyon is runing around with an expensive echoying fury.

Or if an wizard/WD can afford it, an Skorn with insane DPS and high CD.

all characters seek the same crap over and over again. All it needs is CD, CC, IAS and so on ...
Reply Quote
Barbs should be able to dual wield 2h'ers AND have a shield, because they need to use something as a cup, right? Yes, even the girl barbs.

Also, when barbs have collector's edition wings attached they should be able to extend their leap to at least 5 screens, but only while WW'ing.

Actually, instead of just dual wielding, male barbs should be able to tri-wield, because their beard needs a sword too.
Reply Quote
Troll forum please close OP such a bad attempt
Reply Quote
As a Barbarian I think we need to have a few more skills to balance out some of our "short comings". I don't want to come off as rude or single minded but our class is the most important for a reason. Barbs are cool and more popular too just look at the charts.

I don't want to bore you all with my opinions so I will just lay down some facts:

1. Barbarian is the only class with Strength as a prime stat? so we should get twice as much. fair?

2. Barbarian (even females) are the largest class so we should be allowed to wear extra belts and amulets. keeping it real with the Lore...

3. There is no reason why shouts should count as three skill slots... instead call it Battle Cry and make it do (Armor, All resist, damage, crit chance, rage regeneration, lower enemy damage and slow them) this will free up some space.

4. Ruthless passive should just be a built in mechanic. All Barbs are ruthless.

5. WW should have a leap attack.

These are just a few of the needed buffs we are needing and should already have. I Look forward to trying these changes out on the PTR thx again Bliz!

OP- I agree entirely with "keeping up with the Lore"

Some add-ons for each class:

1. Since Barbarians are kind of not intelligent , they should also proc a chance to "trip" over own feet, causing instant death.

2. Wizards, being both good and bad in Lore, should have a chance to "turn bad" when attacking (think Imperius Curse) and then kill everyone in the party

3. Monks should have a 12% chance to stop fighting and brew beer (mine does the first part, I am just asking for part 2)

4. Demon Hunters should be able to summon an Ally known as "dog the bounty hunter". He does no real damage but annoys monster into taking their own lives (Fallen Maniac style)

5. Witch Doctors...any one of them caught holding a chicken snake or frog should constantly have to fend off their own summoned dogs (or get a ring with a "chance to produce treat")
Reply Quote
I'm picking up what you're laying down ;)
Reply Quote
A barbarian should have only one skill.

- Enter a game
- Press a button that shouts "GIMME THA LOOTZ!"
- All elitews from the level gather before him, drop dead, and drop loot
- Pickup loot
- Exit game
Reply Quote
Oh I see what you did there.
Reply Quote
A barbarian should have only one skill.

- Enter a game
- Press a button that shouts "GIMME THA LOOTZ!"
- All elitews from the level gather before him, drop dead, and drop loot
- Pickup loot
- Exit game

Interesting.. And perhaps this could be added to Battle Cry also? Ok then Blue make it happen.
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 10:18 AMPosted by CrniVuk
Barbarians are just fine as they are, they do not need any buffs. In fact I would dare say that some replies might call for them to be nerfed instead of buffed.

two hand builds in general need a buff though, this includes barbs just as it does Wizards, Monks and WDs. Twohand builds are just to much behind either using dual wield or one hand with sources.

I hope you are kidding. With 500k gold, you can go buy a decent skorn and go rampage stuff with HoTA and rend. 2h barbs are very good.

uh what? Show me that "build" then. Seriously, to wreck hawok on MP0 Inferno is NOT an achievemnt anymore. Not at all. I can use that argument for EVERYTHING then, explaining how EVERYTHING, even some obscure thorns build works, because some managed to get up to 60 000 damage, which is enough to destroy the content on MP0. Blah blah blah cry more etc

Your whole argument is a reflection of the problem with this game, not the barbarian class itself. 2h barbarians are very viable at all levels of difficulty, and more viable at all MP levels than pretty much every other class hands down. But I agree, dw barbs are currently better.

This game suffers from a lack of build diversity and itemization problems that funnel you to the same spec and gear as everyone else. Don't confuse game issues with class issues. Barbarians are at the top of the heap right now, regardless of spec, and it isn't even close.
Reply Quote
Barbs need to be able to shoot fireballs from their eyes, and bolts of lightning from their !@#$.
Reply Quote
Barbs should be able to dual wield 2h'ers AND have a shield, because they need to use something as a cup, right? Yes, even the girl barbs.

Also, when barbs have collector's edition wings attached they should be able to extend their leap to at least 5 screens, but only while WW'ing.

Actually, instead of just dual wielding, male barbs should be able to tri-wield, because their beard needs a sword too.

actually, lets buy an inventory of skorns and be able to throw all of em at bosses.

Lets have them leap ontop of diablos head and pound away.

let their arms both have shields, with a head shield and leg shields, and have 5 weapons (hands, beard, and feet.)

/end sarcasm
Reply Quote
It is my strong opinion that Barbarians, when playing co-op, should be able to pick up players from other classes (be they Wizards, Monks, Demon Hunters, or even the wily Witch Doctors) and throw them at the enemy. This would address the Barbarian's lack of strong ranged attacks, and would also allow the other players to feel like they are contributing something to the party. Everyone wins!

Also, why are some Barbarian skills called "Passives" when we have to perform the action of going into the skills menu and switching between them? This tires out my hands and drags out the pace of the game. Doesn't Blizz know that this is supposed to be an ACTION RPG? Clearly, all Barbarian Passives should be enabled simultaneously. This should not be the case for the other classes, however, because that would be OP.
Reply Quote

actually, lets buy an inventory of skorns and be able to throw all of em at bosses.

Lets have them leap ontop of diablos head and pound away.

let their arms both have shields, with a head shield and leg shields, and have 5 weapons (hands, beard, and feet.)

/end sarcasm

I was with you until the part about beard shields. That's just ridiculous. Our beards are shields in and of themselves. :/
Reply Quote
Why not just make it so barbs can pickup their other party members and use them and their skills as weapons.....cm wiz in one hand cyclone monk in the other

OMG! I seriously burst out laughing in a dead silent office at work, and now my cubical mate is staring at me! Just the thought of a barb doing that is hilarious...!
Reply Quote
loool gave me a nice laugh that post im a barb myself and this is just really funny i mean you cant be serious right?
Reply Quote
LOL i love all the ideas and the funnier thing is the better ones come from non barbs.....

The one of using the other mates in co-op as weapons just takes the cake LOL... and I really like it.... you can perma freeze with you CM wizard so the fear of the EF is not a problem anymore (poor us that have to deal with that damn proc) and on the other hand we can use the monks vortex to attract mobs and freeze them while we WW..... hope they consider it for 1.09 LOL

Keep them coming please you guys are real funny
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Baldur
loool gave me a nice laugh that post im a barb myself and this is just really funny i mean you cant be serious right?

I made this ridiculous thread because of the unwarranted and immature demands made by others to Nerf the barb.

No matter what this game just needs more stuff.. Not less or nerfs.
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 12:09 AMPosted by BladeMaster
Why not just make it so barbs can pickup their other party members and use them and their skills as weapons.....cm wiz in one hand cyclone monk in the other

OMG Why is this not an option RIGHT NOW! I WANT!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]