Diablo® III

I think barb is underpowered...

04/04/2013 12:09 AMPosted by BladeMaster
Why not just make it so barbs can pickup their other party members and use them and their skills as weapons.....cm wiz in one hand cyclone monk in the other

Win
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 12:09 AMPosted by BladeMaster
Why not just make it so barbs can pickup their other party members and use them and their skills as weapons.....cm wiz in one hand cyclone monk in the other

By popular request I'm adding this as #6
Reply Quote
This thread is very hilarious.
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Evilreaper
Troll forum please close OP such a bad attempt

I don't think you understand what trolling is.
Reply Quote
how bout we pick up the siegebreaker and throw him into the abyss?

better yet, how about we just use him and act 3 keywarden as weapons?....
Reply Quote
Good ideas all around; I am glad to see that SOME people have some serious suggestions to improve the neglected Barbarian class.
Reply Quote
I fully agree with the OP.
Barbs ARE underpowered, especially compared to those OP Witch Doctors...

So my suggestion would (at least!) be:
If a barb and a witch doc are playing in the same group, there should be a 50% chance that zombie dogs enter play-mode and return the weapons the barb throws.

Also, because barbs are so fat, they should keep bouncing for 120 seconds after a leap attack, killing everything they hit.

I also believe barbs should be able to dual wield tower shields while whirling so they start to hover like a helicopter at 500% movementspeed. And because they´re so fat, they should bounce off walls (killing everything they hit)

And because barbs are the weakest class of all, they should have an additional active skill called "summon da luv" which should summon a copy of Master Jay who gives free hugs to all barbs in the party.
Edited by IamLoco#2610 on 4/4/2013 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Goodbrew
Troll forum please close OP such a bad attempt

LOL if the OP was even somewhat serious then I would suggest you playing in traffic for awhile during lunch time by a high school, because saying a barb is underpowered at all is making a statement that fits by defention a troll post

"with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response"

k thx

lala
Reply Quote
OP you do know that April Fools day is over right?
Reply Quote
LOL if the OP was even somewhat serious then I would suggest you playing in traffic for awhile during lunch time by a high school, because saying a barb is underpowered at all is making a statement that fits by defention a troll post

k thx

lala

People kidding around doesn't make them trolls. The opening post was so obviously not serious. Lighten up.
Reply Quote
1. Barbarian is the only class with Strength as a prime stat? so we should get twice as much. fair?

2. Barbarian (even females) are the largest class so we should be allowed to wear extra belts and amulets. keeping it real with the Lore...

3. There is no reason why shouts should count as three skill slots... instead call it Battle Cry and make it do (Armor, All resist, damage, crit chance, rage regeneration, lower enemy damage and slow them) this will free up some space.

In other words, you're not serious, because either you're joking or incredibly stupid.
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Evilreaper

k thx

lala

That's nice but I'm not hearing enough ideas for barb improvements?
Reply Quote
LMAO this is by far the funniest thread i have seen in a while...
Edited by BoughanFire#1213 on 4/4/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1. Barbarian is the only class with Strength as a prime stat? so we should get twice as much. fair?

2. Barbarian (even females) are the largest class so we should be allowed to wear extra belts and amulets. keeping it real with the Lore...

3. There is no reason why shouts should count as three skill slots... instead call it Battle Cry and make it do (Armor, All resist, damage, crit chance, rage regeneration, lower enemy damage and slow them) this will free up some space.

In other words, you're not serious, because either you're joking or incredibly stupid.

Thank you for the insight on stupidity and I did lack some judgement in my post.. No reason why a barb needs extra strength we got enough.. Look at their arms bro!
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTZVf4i9T8Y

Just gonna leave this here...

and yeah, you know what's under powered? Skellies.

And barbs too. I mean, this crap barb should have done this in half the time.
Reply Quote

two hand builds in general need a buff though, this includes barbs just as it does Wizards, Monks and WDs. Twohand builds are just to much behind either using dual wield or one hand with sources.

uh what? Show me that "build" then. Seriously, to wreck hawok on MP0 Inferno is NOT an achievemnt anymore. Not at all. I can use that argument for EVERYTHING then, explaining how EVERYTHING, even some obscure thorns build works, because some managed to get up to 60 000 damage, which is enough to destroy the content on MP0. Blah blah blah cry more etc

Your whole argument is a reflection of the problem with this game, not the barbarian class itself. 2h barbarians are very viable at all levels of difficulty, and more viable at all MP levels than pretty much every other class hands down. But I agree, dw barbs are currently better.

This game suffers from a lack of build diversity and itemization problems that funnel you to the same spec and gear as everyone else. Don't confuse game issues with class issues. Barbarians are at the top of the heap right now, regardless of spec, and it isn't even close.

fair enough, twohand builds for a barb is easier then for the other classes. But still its way behind dual wield. And, to make the skills work with twohand (like WW and keeping up the Berzerker) is not easy. If I would jump to dual wield I could easily get some 30 or even 40k more DPS alone from that ... because currently 1100 DPS one hand weapons are "relatively" cheap to an pretty good Skorn, and believe you dont want a skorn that is below 1400 DPS, because then you could also go dual wield.

Yeah, its sad that build diversity doesnt exist in Diablo 3 really, regardless if you play a Barb, DH or what ever :/

I always was one of those guys that would rather see a buff to the other classes instead of a nerf to the Barb (yeah well I am barb, what did you guys expect?).

I would rather see DHs and other builds pushed to that level of efficiency without spend a lot more in gear. A certain "balance" between the builds. So that people are not handicapped just because they chose the "wrong" character. Yes, it is somewhat stupid that once you get in to the higher MP levels most of the faces you see are barbs ... I always chear when I see Wizards, DHs and particularly Witchdoctors. But that is how D3 was sadly designed ... to say this, even though Barbs are a "good" class right now, that was not always true! Some here dont remember the mess the Barb and Monk and Witchdoctor have been in Inferno ... while Wizards and DHs farmed the highest difficulties.

It seems when Blizzard is doing something, they have a hard time to find an "midle ground". Plage is to weak, molten to strong. Now Plague is to strong and molten to weak ... and so on.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 4/4/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is the most hilarious thread I've read in a while. Thank you OP.
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 07:05 AMPosted by CrniVuk
you guys should play twohand builds with the barb and come again saying its "OP". Will be a good laugh.

I do it all the time on MP9. It's not that big a deal. Just get a LS Skorn and run HOTA/Rend plus healing skills. I'm pretty sure you mean on MP10 tho. :D

I'll sometimes do Act 1 runs on MP10, but any further than that, and I get my a** chewed up. Except right now I'm running my Wizard on one of my Barb gems.
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 4/4/2013 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Barb MEGAZORD - The barb forms an organic voltron or megazord type conglomerate robot with the ancients. A little graphic - or disturbing - to younger viewers or the homophobic, but undeniably a powerful animal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]