Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 2: Itemization - Answers (Part 2)

What did I just read?
Reply Quote
Sounds like less is going to change than most hope. Or everything is changing. Or nothing. Still discussing.
Edited by wiz#1590 on 4/8/2013 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm sorry but they need to fire the team and get better people.. This is just sad.
Reply Quote
All this post has done is continue the PR spin to it's fan-base. There's literally NO information given here and it's full of uncertainty and shows a complete disconnect.

All I see are phrases like:
"We're unsure at this time.."
"There are no current plans..."
"While we haven't finalized what we want to do just yet..."

Where is the meat and potatoes? I don't see any real information given about itemization in this entire post. The entire system needs revamping and it's clearly obvious that next to nothing is being done about it. Itemization in this game is bad.

Diablo 3 needs items like Diablo 2's Harlequin Crest Shako. When you saw a Shako hit the ground, you knew it was automatically going to be good not even knowing it's rolls. Yeah, some roll better. But, you're not going to get useless affixes on it. Ultimately, it's still a Shako.

Implement more items like that and get rid of rando-affixes on core items then work upwards from there.
Reply Quote
75 Blood Elf Warrior
I want to know do ya have plans for a paladin class cause i know that what drew me to play D2 and was very disapointed that ya never added it to d3 when its suck a iconict char in the d2 game and one of the most played classes, I would love to play a paladin(Zealadin/Shockadin,Hamerdin) again.
Reply Quote
However hard the choices are in item changes are on the pc side, they'd better have something rolled into the console launch, or it'll be DOA. It's gotta work out of the box, because it's not guaranteed that people will have access to a day 1 patch...not so much a problem with the next xbox, since apparently it has to be connected at all times...sigh, but PS versions are known to have offline play.
Reply Quote
Give us control over stats.
Reply Quote
I have to ask; why even bother posting these "answers" if they aren't really answers?
Reply Quote
Looking forward to part 3
Edited by Pin#1285 on 4/8/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
continued in part 3...

Dang, how many parts are there gonna be, itemization is definitely is an ongoing issue, but all these Ask the Dev blogs in which you cant really give defined answers (which is to be expected as development is an ongoing issue) seems like just a waste of time.

I know people want communication, but I feel this is pretty much a waste of time as the devs effort could be spent elsewhere.
Reply Quote
TBC.. part 3..

Come on shields!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I voted up every shield post!!!
Reply Quote
Lots of text, no answers at all.
Reply Quote
Soooo nothing is finalized, just being iterated . Nothing is true and everything is permitted? I will pay any praise or attention to you blizzard when I can see this things ingame. Spare me of hype, have more than enough of that last four years.
Reply Quote
I really don't want to jump on the bandwagon of beating you guys up but ....

I can't help but picture this team as a bunch of over thinkers, procrastinators, and day dreamers who can't make a decision if their life depended on it.

I just picture you all jumping from meeting to meeting everyday having the same discussions over and over. Then breaking for lunch, rinse and repeat.

This team needs some leadership that can make decisions and get you guys out of this procrastination cycle you seem to be stuck in, likely for fear of doing something that doesn't work or isn't well accepted by the community.

I think you guys should move over to a rapid development model, pump out 1 or 2 features in a shorter development period and utilize that PTR to its fullest. I think you need to do something other than have another discussion.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Lylirra
It's interesting, though, that some people are excited at the prospect of having white items with purpose, while other folks are almost offended that their end-game characters would want white items.

I highly doubt that anyone would mind using a white weapon if it yields higher DPS. I HIGHLY doubt that.
Plus if you would actually implement crafting (just take PoE for example, crafting over there is just good) you would end up with rares. and a major goldsink probably.
Think about it. You have to farm a sh!tton to find that 20% IAS balanced darkblade, then socket it, then roll it to blue, get crapstats, reroll it, reroll it again (rng is a !@#$%), reroll it untill you got two stats you are satisfied with, roll it to rare, realize that it rolled fear, life on kill, and mainstat, decide if you want to reroll all rare stats or roll it white to start again with the cheaper blue roll, repeat until you have a godly 1.8aps dagger.
Reply Quote
I can't believe you guys are raging so hard at this.

I find Wyatt's answers to be quite straightforward and honest, especially admitting that the black damage weapons overpoweredness was due to oversights and bugs.

There's probably nothing he could have said that would've satisfied the lot of you.
Reply Quote
I really don't want to jump on the bandwagon of beating you guys up but ....

I can't help but picture this team as a bunch of over thinkers, procrastinators, and day dreamers who can't make a decision if their life depended on it.

I just picture you all jumping from meeting to meeting everyday having the same discussions over and over. Then breaking for lunch, rinse and repeat.

This team needs some leadership that can make decisions and get you guys out of this procrastination cycle you seem to be stuck in, likely for fear of doing something that doesn't work or isn't well accepted by the community.

I think you guys should move over to a rapid development model, pump out 1 or 2 features in a shorter development period and utilize that PTR to its fullest. I think you need to do something other than have another discussion.

Couldn't agree more.

At this point I just want them to decide on something/anything. All this talk of "we are considering it" is trying my patience.
Reply Quote
bleh just read it and want my time back

they take everything too serious and discuss about crap for ages, on top of that seems like they have no clue about what to do.

May i suggest for you devs to play d2 for a day or two, then look on D3?
Itemization is really simple to fix, basics, then add some awesome and original ideas, gives us stuff like jewels and gamble and runewords and WAY more stuff like that. Let ppl add socked and use it as a goldsink, base items (white/grey) can have a use just needs a little thinking.
Get away from trifecta, try to reach some diversity.
can #!#!*@*! the current itemization, nobody cares. When you buy an item you even get warned, sooner or later there value drop anyways (expantion, etc).

Get some balls, sorry to say.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]