Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 2: Itemization - Answers (Part 2)

While we are having a "!@#$%" session, how about STOPPING THE AH TIMER during maint and emergency maint. Is this just too hard to do or don't you realize what actually happens? or care?
Reply Quote
what about the answers to when these will be implemented?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvThjiE038
Reply Quote
Yeah I'm not going to wait any longer. They say a lot in the answers without answering anything. Their productivity level is REALLY low. Months go by and very little changes. Their promised itemization changes can easily take a year at this rate.

I'm no longer supporting Blizzard Entertainment or Activision. You lost a dedicated customer. I started with Lost Vikings.
LMAO why do people get so but hurt over a game. Please if you wanna quit why do u have to make an announcement of it?
Reply Quote
lots of "We haven't finalized anything just yet" I wonder how long they will use that sentence for lol.
Reply Quote
-1 to socket!

forget sockets... they cannot add this, and they should not... adding that option will devalue all godly weapons currently on the market...

and it is not fair to do that... lots of people spent time/gold/$$$ to acquire those weapons and now they cannot just simply add it to the game...

stop dreaming about sockets...

there are tons of other bigger issues with this game... they should focus on others first...

Good point and I agree.

Adding new weapons with sockets is a bad idea i agree but remember in D2 that you had a quest in the final city where the blacksmith will socket your weapons/armor with a random number , if they add that then it won't be a problem even those players that spent hundred of millions on their gear will have the chance to even further improve .
Reply Quote
Suggestion.

How about the next Q&A round would be something like this.
This method could evolve adding more options to it like categories or something, depends on the question and answer of course. It could prevent us from reading a 2 page long text wich includes almost nothing and in the end you have the feeling, is this the end of the answer? I miss something, the answer for example.

So Answer types from developers point of view.

Idea: New for us /// We had it already in mind /// impossible to implement because of.. (short explonation)

Implementation chance: Will never be implemented because of.. (short explonation) /// in weeks /// in months /// this year /// next year /// next patch /// expansion

Possible -or alternative- solutions: Great idea! We will implement it instantly via hotfix /// will take a while (X weeks) /// nice idea, we will think about it and get back to you with THIS info in X days-or-weeks /// will never be implemented because of.. (short explonation) /// next patch could include this change with a small twist (short explonation)

And after the developer have chosen categories from each, he can write down the long version of he's / she's thought, but you will at least have a clue if it's worth reading or not.

Thoughts? How would you expand the list of possible answer types?
Edited by DOZERNIS#2289 on 4/10/2013 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote]-1 to socket!

and it is not fair to do that... lots of people spent time/gold/$$$ to acquire those weapons and now they cannot just simply add it to the game...

LOL.

Your arguments are so incredibly WRONG that I can only laugh. This, my friend, is called "progress".
Imagine you buy a car (for real money, I mean, a LOT of money!) and it has a decent engine, 19" wheels and 350 hp.
Then, a year later, the motorcompany releases a new model of that car with a bigger engine, 21" wheels and 500 hp.
Will you write a letter and say "Oh this is SO unfair, I have spent SOOOOO much money on that car from last year! I hate you! You are so unfair!"

Do you get the point? Would you want progress to stop because YOU decide YOU have made the best deal available and no one else should ever have something better?

Come on....
Reply Quote
I'm so grateful that the Devs worry so hard about what might be a burden or a benefit to me. Looks like I won't have to that myself anymore. Thank you, nanny!
Reply Quote
[quote]-1 to socket!

LOL.

Your arguments are so incredibly WRONG that I can only laugh. This, my friend, is called "progress".
Imagine you buy a car (for real money, I mean, a LOT of money!) and it has a decent engine, 19" wheels and 350 hp.
Then, a year later, the motorcompany releases a new model of that car with a bigger engine, 21" wheels and 500 hp.
Will you write a letter and say "Oh this is SO unfair, I have spent SOOOOO much money on that car from last year! I hate you! You are so unfair!"

Do you get the point? Would you want progress to stop because YOU decide YOU have made the best deal available and no one else should ever have something better?

Come on....
That actually makes sense
Reply Quote
Lol, there is less positive posts in here then there are pages. I hope they get the point for the next round, but something tells me its working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Management needs to get out of design choices. I can't prove any thing of course but it seems to me like game fixes that game developers should know how to do aren't being implemented due to someone getting in the way.

Let's beat a dead horse and say, "Why fix what's not broken?" Diablo 2 worked very well for what it was and the dev team threw everything out of the window except the Diablo theme and ARPG play style. Making things easier for players does not mean a better game. Creating an illusion for character improvement does not either. We want ACTUAL improvement of characters.

How long as Diablo 3 been out now? I haven't seen any change worth my time to come back playing the game that I thought I would love. MP was a great idea but it needed to be included with other changes.

Oh and there's still no ladder. Ladder resets gave us something to do every few months. "My character is maxed out? Oh, well on X date I can just race to the top and have a fresh start."
Reply Quote
View profile
SOCKETS pretty much makes the difference between a viable item and trash.

Why won't you guys add it to the damn game? Theres a reason why manticore, skorn, and OS items are superior to other legendaries that dont have sockets.

this
Reply Quote
you cut the game voluntarily to pretend to work now. Identify the button was present in the beta, you mock us, I will not buy your extension you have lost a lot of people with your thirst for money
Reply Quote
Act like politicians so prepare to be treated like one. All talk.

Reason why you can't implement pvp is because the itemization is so broken even the core character building. And you instead of fixing it just add band aid fixes but and never really fix the real problem.

You have turned Diablo 3 to a dress up game, It's disgraceful.
Edited by Animastyle#6615 on 4/11/2013 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
D2 is the best solution to MF , player can have all gear with MF but sacrifice 1 Afflix per gear to achieve! Their killing power but be limited. Player need to balance it! This is choice....This game still lack of choice.....

MF cap kill the choice....and value of MF ......
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 4/11/2013 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
waited so long for this game to launch and played for almost a year still it's kind of a mess and this thread tells me one thing, i have regretted waiting.......
Reply Quote
All this post has done is continue the PR spin to it's fan-base. There's literally NO information given here and it's full of uncertainty and shows a complete disconnect.

All I see are phrases like:
"We're unsure at this time.."
"There are no current plans..."
"While we haven't finalized what we want to do just yet..."

Where is the meat and potatoes? I don't see any real information given about itemization in this entire post. The entire system needs revamping and it's clearly obvious that next to nothing is being done about it. Itemization in this game is bad.

Diablo 3 needs items like Diablo 2's Harlequin Crest Shako. When you saw a Shako hit the ground, you knew it was automatically going to be good not even knowing it's rolls. Yeah, some roll better. But, you're not going to get useless affixes on it. Ultimately, it's still a Shako.

Implement more items like that and get rid of rando-affixes on core items then work upwards from there.

THIS!!! The very first question on this Q and A angered me! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU ARE NOT GOING TO REMOVE STR from QUIVERS?!?! REMOVE IT DAMNIT!!! If you want randomization FINE!!!! Let it stay!!! But what you want to randomize are the VALUES of the stats!!!! NOT THE STATS THEMSELVES THAT CAN MAKE AN ITEM COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!!!!!! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE PLACE WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]