Diablo® III

"Ask the Devs" Round 2: Itemization - Answers (Part 2)

d3 beta ftw

yeh i know.. useless reply right.. : )
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:32 AMPosted by MrMystic
I am pondering how these guys ever got a job

this my friend is a damn good question
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Lylirra
While we feel that randomness is an incredibly important aspect of Diablo games, we also agree that players need to feel like their next great item is just around the corner.

Do the devs play Diablo 3? Do they understand how far they are from "around the corner"? Let's see, currently, if my character is standing on a street corner in downtown San Francisco, my next item upgrade is around the corner from the railway station in Irkutsk, Siberia.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Steveg
currently, if my character is standing on a street corner in downtown San Francisco, my next item upgrade is around the corner from the railway station in Irkutsk, Siberia.

lol
Reply Quote
Even though I can understand many of these harsh replies, they are no good at all and we should try to stay constructive.

Some of the answers aim at the right direction, like the one with the effects of elemental damage, that I missed all the way long.

Unfortunately I cannot see a way how the itemization could be fixed while critical damage stays so mandatory. Most likely some players will find ways to stack the existing benefits from crit damage with possible new or upgrade affixes and get even more powerfull and harder to balance.
Reply Quote
I never got into Diablo 2 so I can't comment on how it may have been better than D3, however, I just started playing Torchlight 2 over the weekend and it is, by far, the better game and I suggest that you (Blizzard/Activision) learn some things from it.

Kinda funny. This reminds me of Wizards of the Coast releasing D&D 4e only to lose horribly to Paizo's Pathfinder.

Great job repeating history.
Reply Quote
Just LMAO to these answers.

There isn't a single concrete answer in any of them. It's always the same old "we are still discussing it a year later and have no solid idea of what we are going to do"

Next question:

"We would really like this in game and would really want to make it happen!!"

Next question:

"We are looking at different ways to do X and would like to have something along the lines of Y but are still discussing it and have no solid details to give at this time"

Next question:

"We agree sometimes X sucks and players don't feel good about it, but at the same time we also think that X is good for Y reason even if the player base at large doesn't agree. So, we don't have any plans at this time to make any changes and are still dicussing it. BUTTTTTT, it's not off the table *wink, wink, wink*"
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Alcovitch
There isn't a single concrete answer in any of them.

Actual answers coming Soon.
Reply Quote
Based on the political and pr avoidance of the answers given here, I am NOT convinced at all that Jay Wilson is out of the loop at all. This round of answers are the EXACT type of answer Jay would have given. I am so incredibly sick of hearing that it's "on/off the table" There are plenty of posts on these forums that give fantastic insight as to what would actually fix this game, but apparently the devs don't read those.

Back to square one for me. I was very optimistic with the change at the top but that has rapidly been diminished. I will fulfill my original goal of hitting p100 and then I will probably take about a 3 or 4 year break from that game that has shamed the Diablo franchise.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/08/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Lylirra
your resists were permanently reduced and then you were given a potion to offset that a little bit.

it was a scroll of resistance, not a potion!!

j/k, I'm sure you guys know that and that was just a typo.

I like that you guys are starting to get the idea that there shouldn't be one BIS item for every character or even every character in a given class. In D2, some barbs wore the soul cage, sure. Some wore enigma, some wore fortitude, some wore chains of honor, some wore skulders, some wore treachery and depending on what you were doing with that barb, they all could have been the right choice.
Reply Quote
Please keep the RNG. Don't cater to the "vocals".

Not every item should be exciting, just like sometimes even pizza can disappoint.
Reply Quote
Based on the political and pr avoidance of the answers given here, I am NOT convinced at all that Jay Wilson is out of the loop at all. This round of answers are the EXACT type of answer Jay would have given. I am so incredibly sick of hearing that it's "on/off the table" There are plenty of posts on these forums that give fantastic insight as to what would actually fix this game, but apparently the devs don't read those.

Back to square one for me. I was very optimistic with the change at the top but that has rapidly been diminished. I will fulfill my original goal of hitting p100 and then I will probably take about a 3 or 4 year break from that game that has shamed the Diablo franchise.

Lol, mate.

You can't see the wood for the trees.
It isn't that JDub is still giving the same old answers, it's that the puppets (whoever they are, JDub, WC, TD) give the answers they have to.
Reply Quote
To many if , might, when , on the table to be really considered answers that mean anything. So guess blizzards marketing machine at work once again.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Duffman
at least we don't sit around all day discussing whether or not we'd like to actually cry, and how implementing crying might affect things in unforseen ways, and how we're really looking forward to crying but can't actually promise to do it yet

Made my day :D
Reply Quote
Real answers will be in 5$ DLC in 3 parts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]