Diablo® III

What are Humans??

I was doing some browsing through the items and this word kept coming up...."Humans".
What are they? Are they anything like Nephalems? Any clarification would be appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/genzaniku

+5–6% Damage to Humans.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sun-keeper

Long years before men civilized the land that would come to be known as Kurast, primitive shamans bludgeoned their human sacrifices with hellish devices.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/gehennas

These pants are the result of an unfortunate bargain struck between the demon Skelon and an unwitting human.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/pig-sticker

+5–8% Damage to Humans
Reply Quote
Those cultists are humans.
Reply Quote
View profile
A miserable little pile of secrets.

But enough talk...

Have at you!
Reply Quote
Humans are nerfed Nephalem, IIRC. It's part of what the Worldstone did.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Tiakatt

The neph are much older than the worldstone's destruction.... it had nothing to do with them. The humans were becoming more and more common after nephalem's were giving birth, eventually the race died out thousands of years in the past in the world of d3. The worldstones destruction was less than 20-50 years ago.
Reply Quote

So these "humans" got nerfed by Tyrael?

The Angel of "justice"? No wonder they formed cults.

I wonder if in 1.0.9 these items will say Nephalem or at least apply in PVP.
Reply Quote
I'm fully aware that Nephalem predate the Worldstone's destruction. But I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that they predated the Worldstone's creation, too. I thought it was the reason why Nephalem birthed regular humans. And that its destruction was why some (such as our heroes) began to display those powers again.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 4/8/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As far as I can remember the worldstone was the connection between heaven and earth. The destruction destroyed that connection, but the destruction was less than a generation ago. Remember the necromancer's apprentice quest in act 2? he was saying his master was one of the ones who banished diablo and baal. The Nephalem started dying out thousands of years ago when their children were being born without power more and more often.
Reply Quote
Well, yeah, Asheara's still around (and still remarkably young looking, even if you assume she was only 16 or so when leading the Frostwolves in D2) so it's pretty obvious fairly little time has passed since Tyrael broke the Worldstone.
Edited by Tiakatt#1643 on 4/8/2013 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
And adrea. I mean, she slept with diablo... that !@#$%.
Reply Quote
According to the lore (The Sin War trilogy is a good start), humans are nephalem without their powers. By the way, the nephalem are the children of demons and angels who escaped the Great Conflict and created Sanctuary (where the Diablo stories take place) For instance, Rathma is the son of Inarius (an angel, former member of the Angiris Council; creator of the Worldstone) and Lilith (demoness) Bul Kathos is another first generation nephalem, whose parents aren't mentioned anywhere.

Soooooo, humans are the greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat grandchildren of the first nephalem, who, in turn, were born out of the union of rogue angels and demons.
Reply Quote
Oh that's right. 20 years or so since the events of D1 which means 19-20 since Diablo 2 as well.
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Nintura
As far as I can remember the worldstone was the connection between heaven and earth. The destruction destroyed that connection, but the destruction was less than a generation ago. Remember the necromancer's apprentice quest in act 2? he was saying his master was one of the ones who banished diablo and baal. The Nephalem started dying out thousands of years ago when their children were being born without power more and more often.

Actually, that's incorrect. The WorldStone is an artificial construction, made by the angel Inarius. It was created to conceal the existence of Sanctuary to both the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.
The nephalem didn't die (Rathma and BulKathos still live), but they lost their powers generation after generation. Humans are actual nephalem, with sleeping powers (read the Sin War trilogy)
Reply Quote
Right but that makes humans a totally different species. So in all regards, other than your hero, the Nephalem are gone, or died out.
Reply Quote
What kind of nerd know what a nephalem is but not a human?

From wikipedia:

Humans (!@#$ sapiens) are primates of the family Hominidae, and the only extant species of the genus %^-*.[2][3][4] Humans are characterized by having a large brain relative to body size, with a particularly well developed neocortex, prefrontal cortex and temporal lobes, making them capable of abstract reasoning, language, introspection, problem solving and culture through social learning.
Reply Quote
Oh, Blizzard...your forum censor makes me laugh so hard.
Reply Quote
A miserable little pile of secrets.

But enough talk...

Have at you!

Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

=P
Reply Quote
Nephalem are humans but not all humans are nephalem.

this is pretty much it. the nephalem were the children of inarius and lilith (an angel and a demon) as well as a few other angels and demons who wanted no part of the sin wars. When the higher ups found out about these original humans who were stronger than both angels and demons they made the worldstone that drained their strength over generations..
Reply Quote
Yeah, sorry to say you missed it on this one Nintura. Humans are all Nephalem. The Nephalem were bound in ineptitude by the Worldstone to begin with. This is why, after the destruction of the Worldstone, all "humans" of battle prowess are regaining their power as Nephalem. What this really makes one wonder though, is if there will be a new stone created? Otherwise we'll just say bugger off to the Angels and Demons alike and take our rightful place as the rulers of Sanctuary. =)

P.S. Hint, hint! Sequel spoiler quite possibly (fighting angels) ;)
Edited by Alexandros#1268 on 4/8/2013 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
THAT WOULD BE COOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]