Diablo® III

Same affixes???

I've been playing Act III on inferno for about 2 1/2 hours now and have easily come across 10-15 elite packs. I'm getting lots of XP and enjoying it. But, I've noticed that every single elite pack has the same affixes: reflects damage, illusionist/minion (admittedly, those two switch out), fast, and mortar. Is there some bug in the game right now, or is this just some really jacked up situation where the code is repeating itself for every elite pack?

It's not a big deal: I'm not trying to complain. I just don't understand how every elite pack for 2 1/2 hours has the exact same affixes. Surely, Blizzard wrote the code better than that.
Edited by Urstadt#1226 on 4/14/2013 10:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah. Sometime is like that, sometime is not.

Really random is random.

Some time, 1 of the elite is spawn behind an object (e.g. chair, table, etc) and got stuck while the rest of the 3 elites manage to attack the player.
Reply Quote
10 - 15 elites in 2.5 hours?
Reply Quote
Yeah. Sometime is like that, sometime is not.

Really random is random.

Alright, sounds good. Glad to know it's not a bug. :)

04/14/2013 10:19 PMPosted by Telliks
10 - 15 elites in 2.5 hours?

Seems like it. I have been tinkering around town and with items I'm looting. I am not moving very fast.
Reply Quote
People say random is random, but when I played my DH, every other elite pack had reflect. It was noticeable, because I would fall over dead very quickly. Not complaining, but it was something I noticed.

Can't say I really notice a pattern on my barb or wizard, I guess that is because they are a joke playing cm or wrath no matter the affix's.
Reply Quote
04/14/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Heisenberg
People say random is random, but when I played my DH, every other elite pack had reflect. It was noticeable, because I would fall over dead very quickly. Not complaining, but it was something I noticed.

Yeah, I was playing with my witch doctor the other night I posted this and reflect was on them all. I haven't noticed a pattern with my CM Wiz either.

As a side note, a funny thing that made me laugh: the very first elite pack I ran into after creating this thread had completely different affixes. And, I didn't see a pattern the rest of the evening. lol
Edited by Urstadt#1226 on 4/16/2013 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
IMO not enough affixes and intelligent restrictions of affix type categories. You also don't see some as much as others, like Missile Dampening. We also lost types, like Invulnerable Minions for example.
Reply Quote
I get reflect on 60+% of mine. It's not random, it can't be.
Reply Quote
source:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079707996

Here are the categories: 1 in 3 chance to get this "Strong CC" (Limit 1):
Knockback
Nightmarish
Vortex

1 in 8 chance. thats why missile dampening is rare. "Defensive" (Limit 1):
Avenger
Extra Health
Health Link
Horde
Illusionist
Missile Dampening
Invulnerable Minions (since removed)
Shielding
Vampiric

no limit.
"Aggressive" (No Limit):
ArcaneEnchanted
Desecrator
Electrified
Fast
Fire Chains
Frozen
Jailer
Molten
Mortar
Plagued
Reflects Damage
Teleporter
Waller

--
so you can tell that there is a up to a 4/15 chance of getting reflect damage (30% chance)

(ok very simplistic. cos you have 4 chances of getting missile dampening, but not quite since any chance that succeeds causes the probability pool to exclude either the strong cc or defensive pools)

approximately. your chances of getting
Missile Dampening is 1/15 * 1/8 *4 = 3.33%

the chance of getting vortex is
1/15 * 1/3 *4 = 8.88%

the chance of getting waller is
1/15 * 4 = 26.66%

because your probability pool of 15 affixes are
ArcaneEnchanted
Desecrator
Electrified
Fast
Fire Chains
Frozen
Jailer
Molten
Mortar
Plagued
Reflects Damage
Teleporter
Waller
strong cc
defensive
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 4/17/2013 2:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Need more elite affixes.
Reply Quote
Same thing here. I've noticed the VAST majority of packs having reflect also. Kinda interesting.
Reply Quote
I can confirm that over the past several weeks, something changed and the majority of elite packs I encounter now have RD. My guess has been that it's the only thing that kills anyone so they turned up the crank on it to keep us awake.
Reply Quote
That link above details why you get so many of the same affixes, my Demon Hunter with Ball Lightning craves more Missile Dampening.
Reply Quote
04/14/2013 10:14 PMPosted by Urstadt
I've been playing Act III on inferno for about 2 1/2 hours now and have easily come across 10-15 elite packs

Must be raining legends
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Mifkin
That link above details why you get so many of the same affixes,

Except the entire point of this thread is that it's been different LATELY. No one's questioning how affixes get chosen in general. RD isn't coming up with the same frequency that it did a few weeks ago. Or at least that's how it seems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]