Blue 28 secs
Yellow 24 secs
Blue 19 secs
Blue 19 secs
Yellow 29 secs
Yellow 32 secs
Extra Health Blue 32 secs

Nice work.

The low times are fairly solid, but you kill times are very inconsistent.

You can get a ton of consistency and low kill times with either:

CM Wiz + WD + Monk + Monk or
CM Wiz + Meteor Wiz + Monk + Monk

EDIT: Had a sec to get the rest of the times! Pretty consistent overall but without being able to lock them in place you can't ensure maximum damage.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 4/20/2013 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Or CM WIZ +WD-Dogs + WD-Bears + Monk.. though you need a pretty decent graphics card if you want your visuals to run smoothly.

efficiency aside, WD are just fun as hell to play with.
Reply Quote
I still fail to see how a meteor wiz with similar edps to a 0dogs can fill that spot better...

some group healing > no group healing... last a I checked ¯\(º_o)/¯
Reply Quote
They can hit larger AoE.

Who needs group healing with 2 wizzies running in a game?
Reply Quote
The meteor wiz is running CM+FN and getting into melee range to take advantage of the latter too? If so, then I guess it's whatever! I just like WD more cuz they're rare and my favorite class, I guess lol :D And couldn't both wizards run low MP + Archon and gain more DE/XP per hour anyways? ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

COOOKIES???

!!!!!
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 03:15 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
The meteor wiz is running CM+FN and getting into melee range to take advantage of the latter too?

Yep!

04/20/2013 03:15 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
And couldn't both wizards run low MP + Archon and gain more DE/XP per hour anyways?

I guess. All I said though was you can get low kill times and consistency with those groupings. In my experience they have been the best setups. I used to run with a 0dog WD in groups alot. I like them as well.

I think people severely underrate the damage a well geared Nirvana Bell dropper does versus Es as well. My 300k Wizzie buddies were a little taken aback when I joined the group. ;)
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Fitz
My 300k Wizzie buddies were a little taken aback when I joined the group. ;)

Yeah but that's more cuz of YOU than the spec imo <3

What about another Nirvana user, or HOTA barb instead of the meteor wiz? I guess I'm just skeptical that that's the BEST choice for aoe dps XD I'm ok with being proven wrong though :D
Reply Quote
Yeah TBH I don't know for certain. That has been my experience though.

I also think barbs bring absolutely nothing to a group, lol. I guess HotA is good for Es but I noticed our times were lowered when a 300k unbuffed HotA barb joined. Don't get me started on WW barbs too. Awful for groups.

WHo knows though. Lotsa variables.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 03:32 PMPosted by Fitz
I also think barbs bring absolutely nothing to a group, lol.

Wait till the patch and the Inspiring Presence buff in the next patch. Then you'll be adding barbs left and right to your flist! (like me, and EVERYBODY else lol!)

(it actually further enforces my decision to go barb on ps3/4 lol)
Reply Quote

The low times are fairly solid, but you kill times are very inconsistent.

You can get a ton of consistency and low kill times with either:

CM Wiz + WD + Monk + Monk or
CM Wiz + Meteor Wiz + Monk + Monk

by definition, a meteor wiz IS in fact a CM wiz :) i've grouped with a few ice wiz who CC fine and still manage to throw in a few comets here and there to capitalize on a cyclone strike monk.

their group suffered from a lack of understanding in 0dog. which is fine because less people understand the build the less chance it will get beaten by the nerf bat.

I would look into more of a orange bubble wiz + implosion monk + 0dog WD + donkey kong hammer barb. that will give you the most buffs for your bang and make everything look like MP0

i suppose you can replace the barb with anything with small AoE high dps class. heck even a mark of death DH can fill that role considering how much DPS you've already dumped into the group.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Psyclum
I would look into more of a orange bubble wiz + implosion monk + 0dog WD + donkey kong hammer barb.

I've done it. My usual group though is wizzies doing bubble + one dropping meteors while other focuses on locking things down. One Monk Overawes/CS and another drops Pillars with speed buff.

I don't think there is much to understand about d0og. They have great AoE, use the totem to buff, and spawn health globes. Am I missing something?

I still wasn't impressed with HotA barbs in group play. They hit Es hard, but they do very small AoE and MP10 group farming is all about dropping lotsa baddies quickly. With the HP nerf and density changes coming too who needs small AoE?

This is a random vid of 2 monks/2wizzies in action using my first suggestion. Note I had about 20k less dps back then and the oher monk was only around 100k dps. One wz was 250k, another 275k:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7cCpEydBko

Wasn't a perfect run by any means, but !@#$ died fast.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 09:19 PMPosted by Fitz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7cCpEydBko

looks good. more epic than video posted by me, because of wiz skills animation :p however I don't think it's faster, I believe that our efficiencies are roughly equal
Reply Quote
At first I was thinking about the type of combo that will be good for party runs. Then I realized that a single Monk alone brings 64% DPS buff to the party, using Cyclone Strike, Overawe and Guiding Light. Who can dislike such party support?

If anything, all players in D3 will be fighting to invite a Monk into their group! If we DS and CS all mobs to us, the whole party follows. If we mark one mob with EP, everyone kills that mob. We are the class that brings efficiency to parties.

Sadly though, our class is like the key central midfield support role, but the glamorous star strikers always command a higher price.
Reply Quote

I still wasn't impressed with HotA barbs in group play. They hit Es hard, but they do very small AoE

well... that's where a CS monk comes in :D donkey kong hammer may not hit big AoE, but they can spam that like it's free:D in fact, they have to spam it to dump their fury or they lose their WotB. the same can't be said about bells. a monk only have so many bells in him before he has to go back to thunderclap or something else. nirvana only gives you 5 seconds of free bells, and something it takes more then 5 seconds depending on what elites you get. i could be wrong, but, overall i would rate hammers as having more sustainable dps output then bells. especially considering there is CS involved already. takes more teamwork, so barb cant run east while monk run west :D but synergy wise, i think barb would be more viable in the long term.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Male
I believe that our efficiencies are roughly equal

Our slowest blue kill times were faster than your fastest. I am not trying to turn this into a "we are faster than you" thread though. I was just trying to illustrate that I believe other party setups can be more efficient. Your video was very impressive in kill times.

04/21/2013 01:47 AMPosted by PaulNg
Sadly though, our class is like the key central midfield support role, but the glamorous star strikers always command a higher price.

Monks can also do incredibly high dps. We are better than just "support."

04/21/2013 03:26 AMPosted by Psyclum
nirvana only gives you 5 seconds of free bells,

Well, it gives you 5 seconds of unlimited spirit. That translates into more than 5 seconds of bell dropping.

Full spirit = 3 bells + Nirvana + end with full spirit. If done right for me, it means 13 bells. I don't know how much AoE damage a HotA barb can do that is equal dps to me, but I did just watch a 350k one on youtube not even come close to doing the damage that does. That would include a 7 second cooldown.
Edited by Fitz#1329 on 4/21/2013 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well i'm not going to sit here and pretend like i know how to play a monk properly since i've never been able to replicate nirvana consistently on my monk alt. i've always used it as a "refill" when i'm dry and was never able to gain the full 5 seconds. my experience with nirvana is that it still takes maybe a second or so for you to fill your spirit back up from bone dry especially with exalted soul (which is more or less a requirement for nirvana build IMO).

i've also found that in alot of situations, you actually need to make a double tap on the implosion to pack the mobs in for maximum carnage. sometimes 1 CS just doesn't pull them close enough together (bug?) this actually strains the ability of nirvana to regen spirit because CS can be used in quick succession and actually exceed the benefit of nirvana (again. it could just be me doing it wrong)

I also like some kind of confirmation from expert monks out there regarding breaking wave. through my search in the forums, i've never gotten a conclusive confirmation as to whether the ability is a "self buff" or a "target debuff".(mainly because nobody waste their time with this skill :D ) if it's a "target debuff", then it would mean ALL dmg from ALL sources gets a 10% boost. this would be a VERY significant boost in overall group dps output. however if its a "self buff" like foresight then it would not affect dmg from other sources so not as useful as a group support. any knowledge in this subject would be much appreciate
Reply Quote
Actually, now that I think more about it, 3WDs and 1 Monk is quite a strong force.

Let's say 1 WD is a zero dog player and provides lots of health globes. All 3 WDs will have 50% intel buff, and never run out of mana. If they have soul harvest, a 200k unbuffed DPS WD can go to 360k buffed. Then the 2 other WDs can spam high damage spells like bears or bats.

The monk provides the super 64% DPS buff/debuff to the whole party.

Anyway, reality is always different.
Reply Quote
@Psyclum

You are doing it wrong. You cannot exceed the spirit regen with any spenders. You can in fact hold down the button you assign to CS and watch it fly.

@PaulNg

Yes it was a great display and seems very powerful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]