Diablo® III

No more Dev Q&As

Well Lylirra, as much as im still somewhat disappointed with the lack of progress made by Blizzard at this time, I must say, thumbs up to you for spending an entire evening on the forums bantering back and forth.

If only we seen that more often. From real devs even.
Well Lylirra, as much as im still somewhat disappointed with the lack of progress made by Blizzard at this time, I must say, thumbs up to you for spending an entire evening on the forums bantering back and forth.

+100000000000
90 Worgen Death Knight
I really wish they would just be honest with us and just say that they are holding all major stuff out for the expansion and just patching in all the nincy stuff to keep as distracted.
04/08/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
We want to make Diablo III the best game possible, and we're going to keep supporting it until it gets there. We'd love to have you playing alongside us during that process, but if not, we understand. Thanks so much for the criticisms, we hope that our efforts will have us cross paths again!

Or you guys can give us a patch that will "Wow! They really put a lot of effort!" (not world of warcraft) us. Not just applying band-aids to a broken system.

That's what Blizzard used to do.... Just saying
04/08/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Magister
As well as reading but not answering legitimate questions like mine concerning single-player offline mode (as if I didn't exist). That's Blizzard's blues, all right, ignoring the rest of us.

but that's an irrelevant question. there will never be offline single player mode for D3 on PC. wont ever happen unless someone hacks it.
Lylirra here's a question

Instead of always making an Ask the Devs and actually choosing the topics why not just make a real Ask the Fans, and not just take 3-4 that suits the direction you direction you decided to pick and just adress everything upvoted going from the most upvoted to the less one ?
Edited by Jowy68#1464 on 4/8/2013 11:35 PM PDT

hang on... spending an entire day/evening on the forums should be a significant part of the CM's 'job description' ..

shouldn't it?
I think the supporters of the RMAH should really take a good hard look at what it may be doing to your game. Most, if not all people will agree D3 needs work, a lot of work yet it's progress is beyond dreadfully slow.. so why? Why is it so hard to implement the obvious?

There were many, and I mean many people who predicted this game would go nowhere because of the RMAH (shortly after it was released). Look at it now nearly 1 year later, nothing significant has been done.. so again, why?

Suppose a player spent $250 on an item, hell, lets say they spend $2000 on their character, and Blizzard decides enough is enough with the itemization and decides to do something drastic. They now implement a system, where there is a much larger array of things to choose from, and class specific items always rolled primary stats.

Remember the bow the player spent $250 on that had high dps, Dex, attack speed and crit?

What's it's value now that all bows roll high dex, but also have the chance to spawn elemental damage that trumps raw damage dps, or chances on hit to freeze or shatter the enemy, or perhaps a fire attack that causes enemies to explode. Perhaps there are now affixes on armor now that augment your character like auras. Perhaps attack speed, crit, holy shock or static field. Maybe auras that gain strength the more you enemies you kill.

Now take all those itemization changes and add in an actual skill tree where you can now level up a multitude of different skills. Perhaps there is a frozen arrow skill that increases and stacks with cold elemental damage, as well as, increases the chance the enemy shatters on it if it's frozen. It's simple for the players to put points into this skill. It's also simple for them to go hunting for a bow that deals heavy cold damage. Maybe not simple, but very targeted for their build..

What exactly does this do to the value of that original $250 bow?

Point being, what happens to the value of that once $250 bow with high dps, crit, and Ias? It suddenly is not nearly as valuable anymore. Maybe they are lucky to get $5-10 for it. Spread that across an entire character they may have spent $2000 on. Now their character is worth maybe $50 tops?

There is a glaring reason as to why we are not seeing any significant changes, and I do believe your culprit is the RMAH.
04/08/2013 11:38 PMPosted by dml618
I do believe your culprit is the RMAH.

+1

Did the people who 3, 6 or 9 months ago who dropped actual money honestly expect the items value to remain a constant forever? Of course bigger and better items are going to come out. I never could understand why people spend real money on something that is just temporary.
04/08/2013 11:33 PMPosted by enem
As well as reading but not answering legitimate questions like mine concerning single-player offline mode (as if I didn't exist). That's Blizzard's blues, all right, ignoring the rest of us.

but that's an irrelevant question. there will never be offline single player mode for D3 on PC. wont ever happen unless someone hacks it.

Who says? The devs can do whatever they want. And there is a need for this. D3 screwed this up, so did SimCity. It's time to go back to the way things were, when they WORKED.
If a player is stupid enough to buy a pixel and expect the game to be static forever, that is their fault.

Blizzard's design choices SHOULD NOT BE BEHOLDEN to spoiled rich kids who buy their way into a game.

The same argument is posted every year when a new WoW expansion occurs, gear becomes obsolete, the kids cry because they are no longer uber and the money they spent to buy the gear is for naught.

That is one of the major reasons why the RMAH sucks and should never have been implemented

I completely 100% agree. The RMAH should never have been implemented and there is no way that Blizzard's design choices should be based on spoiled rich kids.. but lets be real here..

Who exactly are Blizzard's money makers? It's not you nor me who perhaps refuse to use the RMAH, it's the other group. So as a smart business, why would you aggravate the people who are willing to spend money by destroying the value of their gear? Then risk them never spending again?

Again, I say, the RMAH is probably the culprit as to why things aren't getting done. Many people say the RMAH is not a problem, and that itemization and design choices are; however, if the RMAH is holding back any significant changes, then it is your #1 culprit.
Community Manager
04/08/2013 11:15 PMPosted by TaKtiCz
You want to make the game the best possible but dismiss people constantly while pushing your own agenda. Right.

We want to make the best game possible. Can we make the best game possible for everyone? Probably not. There are a lot of varying opinions out there about what makes a good game vs. what doesn't. Are we going try? Definitely.

Will we still make decisions that feel right to our developers and align with their goals? Yes. Will we keep reevaluating what that is in light of community feedback? Absolutely. While we're responsible for the vision and design of Diablo III (in a way, I guess that's an agenda), we're also creating the experience for our players. This doesn't mean we're going to implement every piece of feedback we get, but it does mean we value that feedback considerably and use it as a touchstone whenever making/considering changes or adding new content.

A lot of the stuff in 1.0.8 is actually inspired by conversations we saw in this very forum. Speaking of, 1.0.8 is up on PTR, would love your impressions after you've gotten the opportunity to play.
Edited by Lylirra on 4/9/2013 12:09 AM PDT
04/08/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
Come on, dude. If you want to speak disparagingly of other development teams, I suggest you seek out some other forums. We encourage respect of all design and/or publishing studios here.

Because Jay Wilson doing it on Facebook rather than here makes it ok...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]