Diablo® III

No more Dev Q&As

Community Manager
04/08/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Carthaginian
No one cares about other development teams that have never released a video game.

Come on, dude. If you want to speak disparagingly of other development teams, I suggest you seek out some other forums. We encourage respect of all design and/or publishing studios here.
Community Manager
04/08/2013 07:51 PMPosted by TaKtiCz
Honestly it seems as though this pace has been planned for a long time. Slowly trickle out updates until the expansion then ask for more money for the work that should have been done before the game came out.

It more depends on the developers' schedules. They really enjoy providing answers, and they know that kind of communication is important (this is why Wyatt and Travis asked to start posting). Even so, they also need to spend time developing, which is where the majority of their time is going to go.
04/08/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
Come on, dude. If you want to speak disparagingly of other development teams, I suggest you seek out some other forums. We encourage respect of all design and/or publishing studios here.

Like "**** that guy" right?

(just quoting blizzard there...)

give us a break. The questions were hand picked and even then not answered directly. give us something, ANYTHING, to have some faith that you guys are actually listening and working on community suggestions that matter.
Community Manager
how about you get involved in this post
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569598165?page=1

How about you stop telling me what to do? (jkjk)

I actually already passed along that thread to our designers. Great post: super constructive and to the point. Thanks for sharing!
View profile
im just glad theres lots of blizz post here :)
I think a lot of the unhappiness is due to the "lack of response" on these forums. I use Diablo Fan for my information (they are nice enough to take every blue posts and update them more frequently than this web site).

A lot of people make suggestions, but only a few of them ever gets a reply, and they are lucky if they get more than one. I know that you (plural) read through many topics, but a few blue posts on topics discussing ideas would do a lot of good.

I think I speak for many of us, but posting ideas (in my case, random events) that get "ignored" can be quite disheartening. After a few tries, many may give up on providing potential useful feedback.

Most topics get ignored by everyone. You need a provocative tittle to get anywhere. All it takes is a single blue post in a topic for people to actually read it. If blues posted more often, even if they don't have anything to reveal, it would encourage more constructive ideas.

Look at what we're getting... there was even a topic discussing about bacon =/
View profile
Or, in picture form: http://i.qkme.me/35x3zp.jpg

LOL, win.

Thanks for a great game Blizzard.
View profile

I actually already passed along that thread to our designers. Great post: super constructive and to the point. Thanks for sharing!

While it's nice that you already passed the thread along, a simple acknowledgement of such goes a long way. I look at that thread, see plenty of pages, a valid first post about D3, and no Blizzard posts... It basically gives me the feeling that nobody at Blizzard had any interest in that thread, and/or could care less.

This thread on the other hand, I was expecting to be ignored by Blizzard, and meanwhile, it's probably the most blue-active thread I've seen... ever. Can't say I disagree with it, but I'd love for it to continue in the future, possibly with threads that have more relevance to D3 itself.
04/08/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Starsky

Like "**** that guy" right?

(just quoting blizzard there...)

give us a break. The questions were hand picked and even then not answered directly. give us something, ANYTHING, to have some faith that you guys are actually listening and working on community suggestions that matter.

LOL beat me to it

In all seriousness anyone can read the Dev Q&A's and pick out the few repeated tag-lines repeated ad nauseum. It would be nice to have some concrete information, not in the final patch version sense, but something that will be in PTR.

very nice. thanks for noticing the thread :)
Community Manager
04/08/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Starsky
The questions were hand picked and even then not answered directly. give us something, ANYTHING, to have some faith that you guys are actually listening and working on community suggestions that matter.

Which ones weren't answered directly?

(Also, many of our ideas come from player suggestions, discussion, and feedback. This is something we're always quick to point out because we really do value your interaction and input.)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]