Diablo® III

No more Dev Q&As

People expecting simple yes or no answers are idiots & have no idea how game development works.

If Blizz keep saying "Yes, we are totally going to do this" then they end up not doing it or changing from what was originally planned, people have a massive cry about it, look at the original skill trees in D3 for example, people still complain & say they want them back, when they would have nothing to complain about if Blizz didn't show them off in the first place.

So it's better to just keep it to a "maybe or we will see" so nobody is disappointed.
Hm. Our Blue Tracker updates immediately: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/blizztracker/Is it just easier to navigate the blue tracker on Diablo Fans? Or do you like that they call out some posts on the front page? (Serious question. Knowing this would be great feedback for our web team.)

I'd like to point out that almost all the posts that you've made on this thread aren't on your Blue Tracker. Check it.
Just logged in to say after quitting this game I thoroughly enjoy the WEEKLY patches/updates and actual developer ANSWERS with Path of Exile.

I'll be waiting for your developers to show that much passion and hard work to get things going on D3; cause it is a fun game, but so lacking in content.
04/08/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
I think a lot of the unhappiness is due to the "lack of response" on these forums. I use Diablo Fan for my information (they are nice enough to take every blue posts and update them more frequently than this web site).

Hm. Our Blue Tracker updates immediately: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/blizztracker/

Is it just easier to navigate the blue tracker on Diablo Fans? Or do you like that they call out some posts on the front page?

Quite frankly, it's just not as "easy" as Diablo fan. I log into their web site, and I immediately see what's the latest blue post and when was their last reply. On your Blizz Tracker, I see "Date: 1h28 minutes ago". It doesn't tell me if you posted more than once.

In Diablo Fan, it shows how long it was posted. It includes other blues as well. If you guys had pertinent information, they will make a resume of important blue posts.
Since questions are being answered...

What new and engaging content is going to be included in the near future to keep me from packing my bags and leaving this game once I get all achievements?

(I'm very close by the way)

Also when can we expect to see profile pictures on the forums?? That's like the one thing I really want to see. I'm really annoyed with seeing the same skull picture over and over.
04/08/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
Right now, we're still discussing different options for what we can do to improve MF/GF

There should be no reason to need to adjust how this works. D2 had it, and pretty much all other DClones adopted it into their scheme of things as well. It is a sweet stat that should not be removed.

The problem isnt the lack of finding things, its that everything you find is trash. But this has been covered in greater depth than we need to discuss here.

In fact, imo, the cap that was applied, is horrendous, and should be removed. But thats just my thoughts.
Edited by Homicyde#1226 on 4/8/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Community Manager
I'd like to point out that almost all the posts that you've made on this thread aren't on your Blue Tracker. Check it.

Yup! I haven't been flagging most of them to be tracked, because otherwise they'd overwhelm the main forum page tracker: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

I mean, I can. But there are other conversations in which we've posted, and I didn't want overshadow those with my replies. (We know our system can be improved.)
I'd like to point out that there has been more blue posts in this thread than in the past 3 months.
Community Manager
04/08/2013 08:44 PMPosted by NBrad
Great! Now tell the devs to do this kind of stuff five hundred times faster. Please look to PoE devs as a guide for how fast you should be.

Noted. 500 times faster.

Just keep in mind that, in many cases, it's much easier to iterate quickly in a test environment than it is once a game is live--that's really what betas and PTRs are about. Our beta forums aren't available anymore, but we were patching multiple times per month. Similarly, it's not uncommon for us to push out multiple patches in a week for PTR. Different environments, different timetables. (Also, different games, different timetables.)

Quite frankly, it's just not as "easy" as Diablo fan. I log into their web site, and I immediately see what's the latest blue post and when was their last reply. On your Blizz Tracker, I see "Date: 1h28 minutes ago". It doesn't tell me if you posted more than once.

In Diablo Fan, it shows how long it was posted. It includes other blues as well. If you guys had pertinent information, they will make a resume of important blue posts.

Perfect! Our web team loves user stories like yours, so I'll definitely pass this on. :)
Sounds like someone is being defensive....
Okay, listen.

Lylirra. You claim CMs and the development team have no clear resolution for the MANY problems at hand. This may or may not be true, as we the community have little evidence to the contrary.

What we do have a problem with is where this game is and where it ought to be at this juncture. You, Blizzard, are taking an absurd amount of time to make any iteration and produce any kind of results. This game took several YEARS to manufacture, and it will likely take years to get it anywhere close to the benchmark that was D2.

And more infurating than that is most of your Q&A answers to the game's problems can be found on the plethora of posts within these forums. WE HAVE THE ANSWERS TO YOUR MANY PROBLEMS, if you would only but USE them!

Why do you refuse to embrace your roots? Why must you always try to reinvent the wheel? D3 should have many, if not all of the features we had in D2 and more. This game should be a living extension of D2, the game we all fell in love with. Instead, it's currently a tumor that needs hacking off. The sooner you incorporate what we've been deprived from in D2, the quicker we can get back to where we should have been in the first place.
Edited by TJHaddock#1399 on 4/8/2013 9:16 PM PDT
04/08/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just keep in mind that, in many cases, it's much easier to iterate quickly in a test environment than it is once a game is live--that's really what betas and PTRs are about.

Great, so where is the PTR?
Lylirra, I just have a quick question. In the Diablo Sin War series by Richard A. Knaak, there is a character named Lylia. Was this how you got your forum name.

Thank you.
Lylirra, I just have a quick question. In the Diablo Sin War series by Richard A. Knaak, there is a character named Lylia. Was this how you got your forum name.

Thank you.

Or maybe... it's her O_o
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]