Diablo® III

No more Dev Q&As

04/08/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Lylirra
I'd like to point out that almost all the posts that you've made on this thread aren't on your Blue Tracker. Check it.

Yup! I haven't been flagging most of them to be tracked, because otherwise they'd overwhelm the main forum page tracker: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

I mean, I can. But there are other conversations in which we've posted, and I didn't want overshadow those with my replies. (We know our system can be improved.)

just as an example check out the PoE dev tracker www.gggtracker.com

yesterday (8th april) there were dev posts in something like 48 seperate threads about game issues, design changes, bug reports and problems people maybe having in game etc.

for a substantially smaller and under resourced team (compared to actiblizz) they simply appear to have a far greater interest in their game and their community.
04/08/2013 09:02 PMPosted by enem

Yup! I haven't been flagging most of them to be tracked, because otherwise they'd overwhelm the main forum page tracker: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/

I mean, I can. But there are other conversations in which we've posted, and I didn't want overshadow those with my replies. (We know our system can be improved.)

just as an example check out the PoE dev tracker www.gggtracker.com

yesterday (8th april) there were dev posts in something like 48 seperate threads about game issues, design changes, bug reports and problems people maybe having in game etc.

for a substantially smaller and under resourced team (compared to actiblizz) they simply appear to have a far greater interest in their game and their community.

POE is in open beta, there is going to be a ton of changes constantly
I remember one of the defenses for d3 was "d2 took an expansion to be great."

Where are those people?

oh right, the expansion would have been out by now, no?

Meanwhile we are stuck with a game that still doesnt know if it's a cat or a lion and deciding if it's going to take some night classes to become a puma.
04/08/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Gohan

sorry, and how much did d3 change during beta?

riiiiight...
04/08/2013 08:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
And I go back to what I posted initially in this thread:
You mean you go back to beating around the bush and feeding us BS responses. Great job you guys are doing over there! Really, I mean the game has been out for a year, "no rush" must be the mentality of the D3 team.
I remember one of the defenses for d3 was "d2 took an expansion to be great."

Where are those people?

oh right, the expansion would have been out by now, no?

Meanwhile we are stuck with a game that still doesnt know if it's a cat or a lion and deciding if it's going to take some night classes to become a puma.

LOD came out so early because most of it was cut content, Act 5 was originally suppose to be in the game, i believe lots of LOD content is on the D2 disc, hence why you have to use the D2 disc when installing LOD
the game ended on a cliffhanger & told you to buy the expansion coming soon, D3 doesn't do that
04/08/2013 09:04 PMPosted by TaKtiCz
I'm not really interested in how fast you are able to make minor patches in a beta or PTR. We're talking about the overall speed of the real meat and potatoes changes that can save this game, like actual PvP and fundamental itemization changes. Again, look to the PoE devs as an example of what we expect from you

What a lot of people on the forums don't understand is just how game development works, especially if the game is already released. I mean, Blizz is working on many different issues right now, such as the new multiplayer patch, the itemization patch, monster density, and all the bugs on top of it all. And they're probably working on an expansion pack.

I mean, let's look at the itemization patch for an example. Can you imagine having to go into the game code and modifying every single legendary item with specific statistics for every single level? And then you'd have to send it over the QA testers, who have to test every single level, class, and monster encounter you can imagine with that item. If there is imbalance or a bug, they send it back to the programmer who then has to fix the problem.
There are going to be situations where players ask us for details that aren't available yet, though. We can do one of two things in that situation: a) ignore the question or b) provide as much information as we have, even if it's not much more beyond "this is what we're thinking" or "here's what we recognize as the problem." Right now, we're still discussing different options for what we can do to improve MF/GF. We don't have any perfect solutions just yet, but that's doesn't mean we don't recognize the concern. Like Travis said, we're going to keep you updated, and once we have that "here's what we're doing, this is exactly how it's going to work," we're going to share it with you.

The problem is that if you don't share anything until it is almost final there is no way for feedback from the community to effectively help you because you hardly ever make a meaningful change to something once it is almost ready to go live other than tweaking the math. Not that the changes you come up with will be disappointing, but at that point feedback is less useful.

This games problems are beyond tweaking math it needs real changes to fundamental problems that have been repeated on the forums for almost a year now. It would be nice to be able to give feedback on changes that could make or break Diablo 3.

You might not feel the situation is that dire, but I feel it is.
[quote="85683674245"]Is it just easier to navigate the blue tracker on Diablo Fans? Or do you like that they call out some posts on the front page? (Serious question. Knowing this would be great feedback for our web team.)

yes, diablofan's blue tracker works way better. it has an rss feed, it has better ui (more unfiltered entries listed on front page), and it does not remove deleted posts like the 1.0.8 known issue with bound on equipment thing that some blue posted here.
For the people who want massive changes (game overhauls, in a sense), you can't say for sure that the development team isn't working on elements that could change the core of the game (itemization, for instance). You can't say some quality of life changes aren't being made because no one here knows the exact details. Not even the CMs know all the details. And what many people seemingly want right now are answers to... everything. There aren't answers to everything. If there are, it's easy to make a massive blog post/wall of text detailing all the existing problems in the game and exactly how they're fixed/going to be fixed. Done.

But that's not the case because there aren't existing answers and solutions to every issue we point out in the game. We can't demand what doesn't exist. But at the same time, it's uncalled for to scream for more updates and more changes when everything is still in progress behind the scenes. To say no one's working on the game's changes is unrealistic. To demand non-existent answers is equally unrealistic.

Here's a recommendation, and this is coming from personal experience from playing since launch date back in May 2012. Take a break. Even if it's just two weeks. Do something else and come back when the next patch hits. If you take note, there's a common pattern in this community. Patch comes out, people are intrigued and explore/play the game. A couple of months later, a handful of people become irritated mostly due to boredom. Rage builds until the next content patch. Patch comes along, rage calms and people go back to playing.

Patches and new content are nice, but don't forget all the elements take time to perfect. Even if more could be done, there's no point in implementing the changes if they're not complete. I read somewhere earlier along how someone said PoE has drastically improved in X amount of time while D3 has made no progress. What does that mean? Compare Day 1 D3 to the present day and I can't fathom how anyone can say no progress has been made. On the flipside you can say PoE drastically improved because there were so many faults in the game to begin with. Plus, it's still in beta...

But enough of that. Just have patience. Be glad the player base hasn't been abandoned.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 4/8/2013 9:15 PM PDT
04/08/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Starsky

sorry, and how much did d3 change during beta?

riiiiight...

I was actually in the beta, it was changing constantly, there was massive changes, like skill system overhaul, itemization overhaul, rune overhaul, Scrolls removed, Neph Cube & Cauldron removed, etc etc

POE beta is just tweaking numbers, nothing major has been overhauled or removed, even from alpha to beta, the biggest change was just adding in maps instead of the maelstrom

LOD came out so early because most of it was cut content, Act 5 was originally suppose to be in the game, i believe lots of LOD content is on the D2 disc, hence why you have to use the D2 disc when installing LOD
the game ended on a cliffhanger & told you to buy the expansion coming soon, D3 doesn't do that

and I'm SURE the d3 expansion isnt going to have any content that could have been released already, am I right?

Probably just the talisman, which Wilson confirmed back in 2011 would make it's way into the expansion, maybe the Mystic & the Traits system as well
Ok I won't go into details, but where I was working before (I know shame on me) the place that stats with E and ends with A. When something was wrong with a game (lets say for instance, WW nado barbs) it would take about 1h30 to have a fix ready, ofcourse this could cause some small issues. But here it seems that everytime theres somethign wrong, or off balance, it takes weeks to fix.

I'm not saying EA is any better, they have their owns flaws as well (no depth at all in most games)

But it seems the efforts are not always concentrated on the important issues. It took 7 patches before the itemization even get a look. Not even thinking about the lack of build diversity and lots of people asking for skill trees, more rewarding drops etc.

I did not agree when the difficulty nerf kicked in, even though it made the game a bit more enjoyable. Diablo is supposed to be all about farming and grinding to 99. Should of let inferno the way it was at first and make it a challenge only mod without more benefits than playing hell difficulty except maybe more exp.

Nope people started to cry out loud saying act 2 was a brick wall, and then when they went through act 2, it was act 3 etc.

Diablo is all about trying different things with our skill points, farming legendaries and pkin people, hell I didn't care finding chancies off Hell Baal, atleast a 99 could still make some use of them if they wanted gold find :)

I just think that instead of giving the community 2-3 choices of what to talk about and then pick the winner and let us ask questions, It would be better to just ask people to tell you what they want or what they think would be better and then take the 3-4 more popular subject and fix them.

I was actually in the beta, it was changing constantly, there was massive changes, like skill system overhaul, itemization overhaul, rune overhaul, Scrolls removed, Neph Cube & Cauldron removed, etc etc

POE beta is just tweaking numbers, nothing major has been overhauled or removed, even from alpha to beta, the biggest change was just adding in maps instead of the maelstrom

they had tons of changes in beta, like when they removed this, and removed that, and removed that other thing...lol

Not going to bother with you, you clearly are a child
Blizz has been overrun by corporate governance. Process has become more important than product. Profit has become more important than passion.

I know Lylirra, it's not possible that you guys actually be transparent, or genuinely engage with the community, or take our feedback seriously. And that's the problem. You honestly believe that. You surely signed disclosure policies and release affidavits drafted by six-figure suits, and now you're trying to pass that cool-aid to us. Pardon me if I refuse.

Blizzard games used to be imbibed with incredible passion, vision, and love of gaming. You could feel it. There was this visceral sensation that you were doing something amazing every time the Blizzard logo hit.

I hope it's not too late for you guys to get that back.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]