Diablo® III

No more Dev Q&As

Community Manager
04/08/2013 08:58 PMPosted by TaKtiCz
Possible for you to release multiple patches in a week, but do they have any noteworthy content? Nope. Not like PoE does. Their game has greatly improved in a year, this game has barely improved in a year.

It sounds like you've made up your mind already in many ways. If you're not enjoying playing right now and don't want to wait, I completely respect that. Maybe take a break, check out other games, and just keep an eye on what we're doing? That's totally fair! We're going to keep improving Diablo III and building it into an even better game no matter what, and hopefully what we're working on will really appeal to you. If you're not sure it appeals to you just yet, that's cool too; like I said, we'll be sharing more info as new things develop, and you can make a more informed decision then.
Edited by Lylirra on 4/9/2013 12:10 AM PDT
04/08/2013 09:15 PMPosted by Gohan
POE beta is just tweaking numbers, nothing major has been overhauled or removed, even from alpha to beta, the biggest change was just adding in maps instead of the maelstrom

er .. adding new classes, multiple complete redesigns of the passive skill tree, completely new skills and supports, cosmetic microtransactions, new items, act 3 (well.. most of it), new race types and full season of race events.

yeah. just tweaking numbers you say?
04/08/2013 08:46 PMPosted by DoomBringer

Hm. Our Blue Tracker updates immediately: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/blizztracker/

Is it just easier to navigate the blue tracker on Diablo Fans? Or do you like that they call out some posts on the front page?

Quite frankly, it's just not as "easy" as Diablo fan. I log into their web site, and I immediately see what's the latest blue post and when was their last reply. On your Blizz Tracker, I see "Date: 1h28 minutes ago". It doesn't tell me if you posted more than once.

In Diablo Fan, it shows how long it was posted. It includes other blues as well. If you guys had pertinent information, they will make a resume of important blue posts.

Aren't there other things to complain about? I find all of Blizzard's site's very easy to use, much more than others, no fanboy going on, but that is at least the truth..
04/08/2013 09:18 PMPosted by Gohan
Not going to bother with you, you clearly are a child

he`s right though lol.

I , too, was in the beta and well... it was sad to see all the things that could have been at least interesting be removed.
I remember taking it very personal when a certain someone said the development team and game designers were deciding what is fun and what is not (like hearing Cain say stay a while and listen) or Skill trees or farming the same boss over and over again.

If there is something I learned from past experiences, its not th developpers that decide what is fun, it's the people playing the game. Instead of really making us participate to bring D3 to the heights it should be, we have an illusion of being helpful.

That is probably why I did not play for a couple months now.
For the people who want massive changes (game overhauls, in a sense), you can't say for sure that the development team isn't working on elements that could change the core of the game (itemization, for instance). You can't say some quality of life changes aren't being made because no one here knows the exact details. Not even the CMs know all the details. And what many people seemingly want right now are answers to... everything. There aren't answers to everything. If there are, it's easy to make a massive blog post/wall of text detailing all the existing problems in the game and exactly how they're fixed/going to be fixed. Done.

But that's not the case because there aren't existing answers and solutions to every issue we point out in the game. We can't demand what doesn't exist. But at the same time, it's uncalled for to scream for more updates and more changes when everything is still in progress behind the scenes. To say no one's working on the game's changes is unrealistic. To demand non-existent answers is equally unrealistic.

Here's a recommendation, and this is coming from personal experience from playing since launch date back in May 2012. Take a break. Even if it's just two weeks. Do something else and come back when the next patch hits. If you take note, there's a common pattern in this community. Patch comes out, people are intrigued and explore/play the game. A couple of months later, a handful of people become irritated mostly due to boredom. Rage builds until the next content patch. Patch comes along, rage calms and people go back to playing.

Patches and new content are nice, but don't forget all the elements take time to perfect. Even if more could be done, there's no point in implementing the changes if they're not complete. I read somewhere earlier along how someone said PoE has drastically improved in X amount of time while D3 has made no progress. What does that mean? Compare Day 1 D3 to the present day and I can't fathom how anyone can say no progress has been made. On the flipside you can say PoE drastically improved because there were so many faults in the game to begin with. Plus, it's still in beta...

But enough of that. Just have patience. Be glad the player base hasn't been abandoned.

You do realize that most of what will be released for for 1.08 is nothing more than monster density changes and removal of mundane individual item ID. None of these changes address the core fundamental issues that this game suffers from. MORE needs to be done QUICKER if they want any of us to stick around.
04/08/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
No one cares about other development teams that have never released a video game.

Come on, dude. If you want to speak disparagingly of other development teams, I suggest you seek out some other forums. We encourage respect of all design and/or publishing studios here.

I get the support for developers, but publishing studios? Come on, lady. You guys really are a bunch of bureaucrats now.
Lylirra, you are an awesome Community Manager. Don't mind the trolls and their foolish posts here.
04/08/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Lylirra
It sounds like you've made up your mind already in many ways. If you're not enjoying playing right now and don't want to wait, I completely respect that. Maybe take a break, check out other games, and just keep an eye on what we're doing. That's totally fair! We're going to keep improving Diablo III and building it into an even better game no matter what, and hopefully what we're working on will really appeal to you. If you're not sure it appeals to you just yet, that's cool too; like I said, we'll be sharing more info as new things develop, and you can make a more informed decision then.

Lylirra, I totally respect you and know what a tough job you must have.

However,

WTF is this? I'm tired of hearing "take a break". D3 IS MY BREAK. From other games, I have tried like 4-5 times to get back into D3. I've tried to tell friends "it's better now". I've tried to play with my very own brother who served overseas that we can chill out and talk. Not many people play anymore.

This kind of indiffereance towards KEEPING the community you already have is foolish. Why not sell your game as the best **** out there? why not tell people "hey, I'm really excited for these upcoming changes!" ?

I want to be blown away. I want to get home from a long day of work and play something fun. I want a game where they understand what makes people love their game, not constantly talking about where they're going. I was SOME ****ing passion.

How come you can lose 3/4ths of your player base and be okay with that?

Quite frankly, it's just not as "easy" as Diablo fan. I log into their web site, and I immediately see what's the latest blue post and when was their last reply. On your Blizz Tracker, I see "Date: 1h28 minutes ago". It doesn't tell me if you posted more than once.

In Diablo Fan, it shows how long it was posted. It includes other blues as well. If you guys had pertinent information, they will make a resume of important blue posts.

Aren't there other things to complain about? I find all of Blizzard's site's very easy to use, much more than others, no fanboy going on, but that is at least the truth..

Oh, for posting, it's really good. I'm telling her what I think Diablo Fan web site does better, and it is their blue tracker.

Are there other things to "complain" about? Absolutely. However, there's already plenty of that going on.

I prefer creating my X-th thread about random events than creating a threat about what I think went wrong. I'm patient and I'm willing to give them another chance with the XPAC. If this XPAC does not meet my expectations, I won't buy the last XPAC.

The game is not as broken as people try to paint it.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 4/8/2013 9:35 PM PDT
Possible for you to release multiple patches in a week, but do they have any noteworthy content? Nope. Not like PoE does. Their game has greatly improved in a year, this game has barely improved in a year.

It sounds like you've made up your mind already in many ways. If you're not enjoying playing right now and don't want to wait, I completely respect that. Maybe take a break, check out other games, and just keep an eye on what we're doing. That's totally fair! We're going to keep improving Diablo III and building it into an even better game no matter what, and hopefully what we're working on will really appeal to you. If you're not sure it appeals to you just yet, that's cool too; like I said, we'll be sharing more info as new things develop, and you can make a more informed decision then.

Here's the problem. Some of lost all will to play D3 over half a year ago, but (as you said we still frequent the forums hoping for some change) so far nothing substantial has been introduced that makes us want to come back.

-Meaningless paragon levels
-BoA
-Meaningless grind items
-JW steps down
-console announcement

A lot of the good suggestions are met with excuses and we are thinking about it.... for half a year. At this point i hope you can understand why we have no faith in Blizzard to produce good games anymore.

Your Q&A mentions that you basically can't do elemental damage because only cold has an effect. What about introducing burn, shock/charged, poison, phased? Your "answers" sound more like you refuse to do work.

PS: Please note the hostility here is not directed at you but those in charge of handling the game. Thanks for engaging the players here.

PS2: So how long do you think we have to hang around until the D3 team "gets their !@#$ together"?
Edited by TheCursed#6888 on 4/8/2013 9:42 PM PDT
04/08/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Lylirra

Seriously? Your response is "thanks for the $60?"
Edited by Jan3Sobieski#1482 on 4/8/2013 9:44 PM PDT
The problem will still remain too much random i love more destroying legendary then destroying a rare item. im happy your going to improve the legendary the question is the legendary going the beat all the rare worth the stat we gonna need.

if we compare to d2 when u droped a shako we know it worth something event if not perfect.
Now back in diablo 3 we drop a skorn or manticore we have like 10% is good and 90% bad and that make the hunting worse then everything.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]