Diablo® III

No more Dev Q&As

The problem will still remain too much random i love more destroying legendary then destroying a rare item. im happy your going to improve the legendary the question is the legendary going the beat all the rare worth the stat we gonna need.

if we compare to d2 when u droped a shako we know it worth something event if not perfect.
Now back in diablo 3 we drop a skorn or manticore we have like 10% is good and 90% bad and that make the hunting worse then everything.

Please have babies with me :P
Pretty sure he didn't ask for your tip Sÿlak :)
04/08/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Jan3Sobieski
Seriously? Your response is "thanks for the $60?"
Evidently so... Thanks Blizz!
So what to do besides take a break? I don't see any "indifference" that seems to be what many players are experiencing.

You want hype?

But what if you're disappointed by the hype?

Then it comes down to, "XYZ is so overhyped, not worth it."

Taking a break is a legitimate recommendation. I did it myself when I hit a brick wall in terms of wondering what to do with the game back in late 2012.

Say you've "played out" all the content. You're done. Great. You "finished" the game. Now go on and do something else and maybe you'll come back and revisit the game another day another time.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 4/8/2013 9:51 PM PDT
04/08/2013 07:32 PMPosted by Lylirra
YOu do have to admit that the questions picked have alot to do w/ it though...

Regardless of what you may personally think about the questions, they were still upvoted by a large number of people within the community--otherwise they wouldn't have been included. Sure, the questions may not be relevant to everyone, but they are definitely relevant to someone. Or a variety of someones, in this case.

There were actually a lot of good, highly-voted questions for this round of Ask the Devs, so we still have more to answer. We're not going in order of "most highly-voted" to "least highly-voted," though. It's a mix, which means there's going to be some variation in the types of questions you see in each "part," as well as who those questions appeal to.

A lot of people seem to not believe you on this one. Perhaps if you show real time up vote totals if you do this again you'll avoid that?
Community Manager
04/08/2013 09:31 PMPosted by Starsky
However,

I'm stoked for the changes coming in 1.0.8 (PTR patch notes, check it), but I get that not everyone is. We want you to be just as excited as we are, but if you're not, and you're just not enjoying your time -- definitely let us know so we can see what we can do to make things more entertaining and awesome, but also feel free to jump around and find something you DO enjoy. We're not going to be all like "you will play this game, and you will LIKE IT...RAWR." We're going to keep supporting Diablo III in the meantime, adding improvements, and just focusing on making it the best game possible.

04/08/2013 09:26 PMPosted by BloodyBartuc
I get the support for developers, but publishing studios?

I loves me some publishing studios. They're full of rad people, too! Rad people deserve respect.

04/08/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Starsky
Great, so where is the PTR?

Here!
What this game really needs is a off-line mode, so people can start making mods.

The mod community, imo, can fix some of the problems plaguing this game.
Community Manager
A lot of people seem to not believe you on this one. Perhaps if you show real time up vote totals if you do this again you'll avoid that?

For the next round, we definitely want to add in the number of upvotes.

Beyond that, though, it's definitely one of the requests I passed on to our web team, to have the up/down votes display to everyone. That way, you can see what we see, no middle-man needed.
can you ask bobby kotick if no major changes are allowed to be made because the console gold master copy is ready for pressing and would cost too much to change at this point?
Community Manager
04/08/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Jan3Sobieski
Seriously? Your response is "thanks for the $60?"

That's not at all what I said. Your misinterpretation makes me :(.
The best thing Diablo3 has: Lylirra!

That is not a joke. In an environment that majority is dissatisfied with the product, to keep it professional and giving your best, is something that I would like to praise.

Big applause to you Lylirra.

Now, if only the game had been developed and improved with the same courage and care you have....
55 Undead Death Knight
I don't have time to read that giant wall of damage limitation PR text, but all I can say is the Q&As have been nothing short of disappointing and seems to be a PR stunt to keep the community hooked up... for nothing. This itemization patch may not even come by the end of 2013.
Community Manager
04/08/2013 09:56 PMPosted by unholy
can you ask bobby kotick if no major changes are allowed to be made because the console gold master copy is ready for pressing and would cost too much to change at this point?

The console version is currently only slated to ship with content up to 1.0.7. Not sure how that fits into your argument, but there you go.
04/08/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Lylirra
Great, so where is the PTR?

[url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425563/"]Here![/url]

while it's great to see PTR is on the horizon, my issue is with 'features' such as these:

• Names in your "Recent Players" list will now expire if they become older than a month
  • Blocked players will no longer appear in your "Recent Players" list

these (in my view important) Quality of Life fixes should not take months to develop and require weeks on the test realm to implement.
If you guys could have delivered what's needed to make this game fun, you would have by now.

Internally, Diablo 3 is a zombie project. Top devs have already moved to more exiting projects. The work is maintenance releases, bug fixes, and an xpac that will surely be cobbled together and stunted by inherent system problems and lack of leadership. That's not work that talented, top-tier software engineers stay on board for.

Most likely, the talent pool working on D3 is thrashing, shrinking, and experiencing turnover. I can see clearly, as a senior software engineer who's been on projects like this, that there's poor vision/leadership, constant direction/priority changes, and probably a lot of in-fighting and power-grabbing, at the expense of unified, dedicated, impassioned work. All the top devs are likely on titan or the next big, exiting, fresh project.
So far people could say "But Diablo 2 was boring in the beginning too!" Now that we are on 1.07, and close to 1.08, how come D2 was far better on 1.08 (even the vanilla version) and the 1.08 PTR has nothing better than "we'll give you more mf during MP games! now stop complaining!"
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]