Diablo® III

No more Dev Q&As

Guys, I don't see why you think Blizzard would change their "model" on how to do things.

How Blizzard "runs" things...

*Takes suggestions on forums*
*Decides 99.9% will NOT work with THEIR game*
*Creates their own solutions and adds their own ideas that create more problems that they solve*
*Tells community what they will get*
*Opens PTR to test for bugs*
*Patch day*
*Dev Q&A before next patch - Tells community that what they did was best for THEIR game*
*After months of complaining, they will tell you how much fun you should be having*
View profile
Is someone upset because their personal questions where not answered. Is that the real beef here.

Maybe you wanted them to focus on answering why is itemization in it's current state? Why did you decide to design itemization like you did? These might be questions that players would like answered. But I would prefer them to work on questions that would focus on what they are planning to do in order to fix itemization. Instead of wasting time and spilled milk over why itemization is poor.
My only issue is how slow everything seems to be moving regarding patches.. 1.08 feels like it should have been on the PTR last week if not before and out today. It just baffles me how slow this is going.
View profile
04/08/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Jowy68
So far people could say "But Diablo 2 was boring in the beginning too!" Now that we are on 1.07, and close to 1.08, how come D2 was far better on 1.08 (even the vanilla version) and the 1.08 PTR has nothing better than "we'll give you more mf during MP games! now stop complaining!"

D2 didn't get great until 1.10. But that's my personal opinion.
Love or hate the responses I can say I am at the very least glad to see such a strong blue presence in a thread. Please keep it up.
it is sad that the only time blues respond is in threads like these where they feel threatened. I wish they would respond to issues not threats.

Here's a recommendation, and this is coming from personal experience from playing since launch date back in May 2012. Take a break. Even if it's just two weeks. Do something else and come back when the next patch hits.

I have. I stopped months ago, and I'm still waiting, 5 patches later. And I'm sick of waiting, which is why I post every now and again that D3 should be killed, and D4 should be started (or hurried up, if it's in progress). Not being able to play D3 sucks, because I bought it, and I want to play it. Dying an absurd number of times due to net lag is simply unacceptable (and I won't go into the server problems that kept me from playing even when my connection worked).

But enough of that. Just have patience. Be glad the player base hasn't been abandoned.

But I have been abandoned, before D3 ever was released. My internet connection sucks, there's nothing I can do about it, and I want single-player offline. That's what I thought I was buying, and I was wrong. I made the best of it, but it simply didn't work. So, I HAVE been abandoned. And I don't see any Blizzard answers or progress towards changing that. And it ticks me off. I bought D2, LOD, and D3 - where's my support?!
Community Manager
The attitude of "don't like it? don't play" is proof of all of this. Basically all you are telling us is: "You already paid for it. If you don't like, it we don't care."

That would be a valid point if we didn't a) support the game after release or b) have plans for future improvements.

There's a HUGE difference between "Don't like it? Don't play it!" and "Don't like it? Let us know why. We want to make Diablo III the best game possible, and we're going to keep supporting it until it gets there. We'd love to have you playing alongside us during that process, but if not, we understand. Thanks so much for the criticisms, we hope that our efforts will have us cross paths again!"

But please, keep twisting my words to support your own message. =/

EDIT: By the way, you seem like a cool dude/lady, so I don't know why we have to continue going back and forth like this. Thank you for being passionate and awesome, and thank you for your perspective. Sincerely!

Lylirra, I just have a quick question. In the Diablo Sin War series by Richard A. Knaak, there is a character named Lylia. Was this how you got your forum name.

Nah. I just picked the name I thought people would misspell the most.

I kid, I kid. I honestly don't remember how I came up with it. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 4/8/2013 11:48 PM PDT
The thing that we need is really simple .... PvP Lylirra! This patch actually doesn't need test . Honestly!
lylirra you have some serious patience to handle all the complaints etc. around here. Id have gone crazy, pulling my hair out long ago.
Hey Lyl, nice to see you around for this one as it's a rather important discussion.

So I'm trying to figure out the right way to explain why we're not satisfied with the "Ask the Devs" responses and a lot of it comes down to the level of detail the team is comfortable sharing. Yes, we know that all things change internally at a moment's notice and that many details are still just not there. What I want to hear from these lovely people is WHAT those possible changes are. I don't care if they change or aren't implemented in the way they were first mentioned because I'm a reasoning human being with common sense. I'm not going to cry when the live changes don't match what Wyatt and Travis say 6 months beforehand.

So, what would be really nice is if the ideas on the table were actually discussed more. Pretend that we're all baby developers and that we deserve to be told the same thing the other guys in the office hear. There's a little bit of tip-toeing around future changes that goes on, but all the meat of what's going on internally is refused us. I want to know, just like everyone else does, WHAT the socketables you guys have been planning and iterating on currently are, WHAT new affixes we'll potentially be seeing. That's what we want. If it changes down the road so be it, but we need that kind of feedback or all these talks are quite literally, for naught. Unless our best and brightest on this end are allowed to do one-on-one's with the developers round-table style where the dev says what he/she wants to do and we get to respond on a "professional" level with what that does or doesn't work with and why (not saying this has to happen but it'd be very good to see). Many of the members of this community know their stuff and I wish they'd get more of these "internal discussion" kind of details.

I hope that makes sense on your end. Also, if the itemization patch really is so far distant that you guys don't have much of anything at this point, or the team's really small and this is going to take a long, long time...I'd understand. I wouldn't be particularly happy about it, but at the very least it'd be an answer as to why we don't get more fleshed out, here and now responses to these things. =)
04/08/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Lylirra
There's a HUGE difference between "Don't like it? Don't play it!" and "Don't like it? Let us know why. We want to make Diablo III the best game possible, and we're going to keep supporting it until it gets there. We'd love to have you playing alongside us during that process, but if not, we understand.

We have told you(not you personally but the Dev's and blizzard in general) why.

We have told you with thousands of pages.

We want socketing. We want a CUBE. We want more socketables besides just gems. We want runewords or some equivalent. We want to be able to upgrade character skills. We want to be able to build and craft gear at all char levels. We want MF'ing not capped at 300. We want to have to choose for ourselves whether to sacrifice killing/survival for MF gear. We want the gear swap button back.

To sum up: We want a DIABLO game. We want an ARPG! We want a true sequel to D2.

If you continue refusing this we wont be "playing along side you during your "process""!
04/08/2013 11:15 PMPosted by TaKtiCz

That would be a valid point if we didn't a) support the game after release or b) have plans for future improvements.

There's a HUGE difference between "Don't like it? Don't play it!" and "Don't like it? Let us know why. We want to make Diablo III the best game possible, and we're going to keep supporting it until it gets there. We'd love to have you playing alongside us during that process, but if not, we understand. Thanks so much for the criticisms, we hope that our efforts will have us cross paths again!"

But please, keep twisting my words to support your own message.

Nah. I just picked the name I thought people would misspell the most.

I kid, I kid. I honestly don't remember how I came up with it. :)

Funny it seems like you twist our words to fit your message constantly, and when someone calls you on it you take that condescending tone. You want to make the game the best possible but dismiss people constantly while pushing your own agenda. Right.

As well as reading but not answering legitimate questions like mine concerning single-player offline mode (as if I didn't exist). That's Blizzard's blues, all right, ignoring the rest of us.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]