Diablo® III

Mouse settings reset in-game & OS after exit

OS X 10.8.3 on a MacBook Pro i7 and Microsoft Mouse 8.2 with MS Trackball Explorer. In MS Mouse settings (System Preferences -> Microsoft Mouse) I set my secondary (right) click to the 3rd mouse button and set the 2nd mouse button to "Back", leaving the 1st (left click) and 4th ("Forward") buttons with their defaults. These are the settings I use for every-day use in OS X; the physical position of the 2nd button is not convenient for use as right-click.

When I launch D3, it not only ignores these settings (1st and 2nd button are the only ones that work and can't remap those actions to another button or key in the D3 menu), but also resets them in the OS, so I have to go back to the MS Mouse preferences to restore my settings.

All I have to do is open the MS Mouse preferences, the settings are still listed there and are re-applied to my hardware when I view them. Diablo 3 seems to have forced the MS Trackball Explorer to use the Mouse or Trackpad preferences instead of the MS Mouse preferences. Even though this is not as bad as it could be, I shouldn't have to reset my preferences every time I exit the game, or be forced to use a specific button.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I'll send this up for review to see what we can find out. Thanks for the report.
Reply Quote
This hasn't happened since I posted it, so I'm no longer sure what the problem is.
Reply Quote
Of course, it happened again right after I posted that. I'm not sure if it's just the first time I play D3 after I reboot the computer or something else.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Thanks. Can you post your full system specs, so we can further look into this?

1. Launch Diablo III.
    2. Put Diablo III into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i49.tinypic.com/33njnzn.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]