Diablo® III

Suggestion for next Dev Q&A - Technical/Mechanics Q&A

For the next Q&A, how about a Technical/Mechanics Q&A? Where the Devs will answer questions like:

• Do Demon Hunter Turrets benefits from Steady Aim and Cull the Weak? Do pets?
• Do Demon Hunter Turrets and Pets alternate damage accordingly to the weapon used when dual wielding? Do Bola Shot?
• Do Monk Sweeping Wind proc LoH? Or life steal?
• Do Monk Mystic Ally benefit from IAS?
• Add here your class specific doubts.....

I know MANY of this issues have been answered by the community itself through experimenting, but I think it could be a good idea to ask the devs and be CERTAIN about it. And this would be a pretty straightforward for the debs as well, because the answers would be mostly YES or NO, and even so, would be satisfactory for the community.

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Formosa
We really need another one...?

It is an opportunity to have our questions answered, I can't see why we should not want another one...
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 09:52 AMPosted by MarcusSC2Br

It is an opportunity to have our questions answered, I can't see why we should not want another one...

...except it isn't. The answers are full of maybes, we plan to, on the table but not now, we feel that, we definitely are looking into this, we are observing the iteration of, whereas at fist glance this might make sense but we concluded this would be too much of a burden etc...

No, we don't need another one round of this.
Reply Quote
Quoting myself: "because the answers would be mostly YES or NO, and even so, would be satisfactory for the community."

There are no MAYBES in this kind of Q&A.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/10/2013 09:45 AMPosted by MarcusSC2Br
What do you guys think?

Interesting! Will definitely consider for next round.
Reply Quote
The guessing and theorycrafting is the fun part. Would be really boring if everything was handed to you.
I don't mind a Q&A on skills, though. Would be nice to know the thought process behind certain decisions and what we can expect in the future.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Lylirra
What do you guys think?

Thx Lylirra! I'm positive all non-haters will like this idea :-) There are a lot of questions in this subject, and they should be very easy for the devs to answer!
Reply Quote
The guessing and theorycrafting is the fun part. Would be really boring if everything was handed to you.
I don't mind a Q&A on skills, though. Would be nice to know the thought process behind certain decisions and what we can expect in the future.

Joren, I'd rather have my answers handed to me, so I can improve my build and spend my time playing, not running Ghom MP7 15 times in a row with multiple weapons/skills just to experiment!
Reply Quote
Maybe instead of answering questions like these for the Dev Q&A, how about just updating the tool-tips with detailed info. Or have a link in the tool-tips that opens up a browser with the detailed info. This will help everyone who doesn't go on the forums or missed that thread.
Reply Quote
Next one should be about long term plans for the game / pvp, ladder and competition in diablo. What is the most important, should be honest with true answers.
Reply Quote
What do you guys think?

You could just tell us all of these things outright rather than burn up a Q&A for it.

But I guess you cant really answer "we've been considering......" for those types of questions, so maybe it would be good for you to do.

Might bring some legitimacy back to the Q&A
Edited by kukabuka#1159 on 4/10/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The only thing i need to get an answer , yes-no-maybe will do , is if we ever gonna have a LADDER mode in Diablo 3. And they still avoiding to answer this simple question...
Reply Quote
Ladder, waypoint to all acts and pvp is a mystery
Reply Quote
What i'd like to know if the dev's would consider doing a Story Mode aka the current questing system and a Free Roam Mode where every WP is available and players can travel between acts at will and kill any boss they want.
Reply Quote
We are having a discussion over how breakpoints work in the barbarian forum.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568958682

It'd be nice to get a more detailed explanation of why they even exist, rather than actual in-game attack speed matching the number projected by the stat sheet.
Reply Quote

I know MANY of this issues have been answered by the community itself through experimenting, but I think it could be a good idea to ask the devs and be CERTAIN about it. And this would be a pretty straightforward for the debs as well, because the answers would be mostly YES or NO, and even so, would be satisfactory for the community.

What do you guys think?

What they need to do is to answer those question and then STICKY THEM!

Yes, these questions have been answered but they are never put to Sticky. This means the threads get pushed all the way back if it's not active enough.
Reply Quote
I'm very much afraid that such a Q&A will result in TONS of questions that could easily be answered by theorycrafters who are familiar with the respective mechanics.
There are indeed several mysteries that have not been solved yet, but those are the really nerdy ones and probably wouldn't get a proper answer if any answer at all.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 09:52 AMPosted by MarcusSC2Br

We don't really get anything answered, more like they tell us what they are working on or looking into.

Granted, we shouldn't feel as if we are entitled to answers anyway, but a sense of community and communication must exist for a game to grow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]