Diablo® III

Buy Gems in the RMAH! The gold AH is being manipulated!

Apparently there is an AH bot manipulating the price of Radiant star Rubys, Topaz and Amethyst on the gold AH. Don't buy from there!!!! YOU WILL PAY FULL PRICE!!!! Buy from the RMAH instead for cheaper!
Reply Quote
Hmm maybe they are doing this so that they can make money off the RMAH side.
Reply Quote
the prices in the RMAH seem to be unaffected. I've been watching for the last hour or so.
Reply Quote
Emeralds are actually cheaper than normal too.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Geoffrey
the prices in the RMAH seem to be unaffected. I've been watching for the last hour or so.

There are no words for how pathetic that is.
Reply Quote
I wish i could, i saw that the emeralds are on average 1.50$ (might of changed since the last time i've been on). On the GAH you get around 20Mil for one emerald (on average). But i've been uncapable of selling anything on the RMAH, seems only top end items sell now. I refuse to take out my credit card lol.

I guess i'm just another player trying to flip from GAH to RMAH and vice versa but i'm completly incapable of doing this lol, i guess i still don't completly understand how others achieve this.
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Geoffrey
Apparently there is an AH bot manipulating the price of Radiant star Rubys, Topaz and Amethyst on the gold AH. Don't buy from there!!!! YOU WILL PAY FULL PRICE!!!! Buy from the RMAH instead for cheaper!

sounds like someone has spent some time buyin up rads off GAH and just moved them to RMAH.

Why can't people just be honest in these ridiculous threads and say HEY GUYS! BUY MY RADS ON RMAH! THEY'RE CHEAPER THAN GAH!

at least there's only one lie in that statement.
Reply Quote
tell me more about how everything too complex for you to understand is controlled by machines
Reply Quote
I watched the entire weekend while Rad Emeralds were beat up using the "last 10 sales" trick. Bought some myself. Someone was selling the crap outta them to drop the average price all weekend, i bought about 40m worth of them from people being dumb and just posting them at the suggested price. It was my first foray into flipping, I made about 10m so far and have about 10m worth to sell but they beat the prices up so bad doing it they lowered the "day" sale average about 2k in a matter of a day.

I bought some too high, but some I got as low as 1k ea so overall I could sell now and still make money but ill hold on to them for the time being and hope they go back up.

I hated every minute of it but i was amazed how fast I could make money. I did it for an hour and made 10m in profit and have over 1k more gems.
Reply Quote
all I was trying to do is keep people from getting ripped off by buying them for gold in the auction house... I don't see how that makes me a bad person... FYI~ I don't have any for sale in the RMAH. But I did buy 4 topaz with my battle.net balance.
Reply Quote
Gem prices are way to high, both on the AHs and in game....I mean really 20million gold to make the top lvl gem in game...

100k, maybe 500k should be the MAX for making the highest lvl gem.
Edited by Jacara#1909 on 4/17/2013 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Isn't the transmute cost alone over $15,000,000? And that doesn't figure in the cost of materials. $20m really isn't a bad price.

When I started d3, I couldn't believe anyone would ever spend 700k on a star, let alone 20mil for a rad...Well, my bank account has gone from 50,000 gold to 1,000,000,000 gold since then, and 20mil gems are actually a cheaper improvement than buying an extra 5 or 10 stats on items at this point...
Reply Quote
Gem prices are way to high, both on the AHs and in game....I mean really 20million gold to make the top lvl gem in game...

Have you ever made them? http://diablo-3-gem-calculator.com/index.php

Assuming Flawless square starting gems at 6k ea, and tomes at 400 ea, your costs are 4m in base gems, 15.4m in "craft costs" ONLY, then another 650k in tomes, it costs 20m just to put one together, or 24m to put one together and sell to BREAK EVEN. This doesnt factor into account time to click the button hundreds of times or buy the patterns.

Flawless Square Gems 729 6,000 4,374,000
Tomes of Secrets 1,631 400 652,400
Crafting Gold Cost - - 15,400,000
Total Gold Cost 20,426,400
Profit Sell Price
(w/ 15% AH Loss) > 24,031,059

Are you selling all your gems at way below standard prices? Ill buy.
Edited by Darkangel#1524 on 4/17/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 12:16 PMPosted by runit3

sounds like someone has spent some time buyin up rads off GAH and just moved them to RMAH.

Why can't people just be honest in these ridiculous threads and say HEY GUYS! BUY MY RADS ON RMAH! THEY'RE CHEAPER THAN GAH!

at least there's only one lie in that statement.

You're way off. This has been going on for a while now... no need to make accusations. it's happening on a scale greater than 1 player could influence :P
Reply Quote

Have you ever made them? http://diablo-3-gem-calculator.com/index.php

Assuming Flawless square starting gems at 6k ea, and tomes at 400 ea, your costs are 4m in base gems, 15.4m in "craft costs" ONLY, then another 650k in tomes, it costs 20m just to put one together, or 24m to put one together and sell to BREAK EVEN. This doesnt factor into account time to click the button hundreds of times or buy the patterns.

Flawless Square Gems 729 6,000 4,374,000
Tomes of Secrets 1,631 400 652,400
Crafting Gold Cost - - 15,400,000
Total Gold Cost 20,426,400
Profit Sell Price
(w/ 15% AH Loss) > 24,031,059

Are you selling all your gems at way below standard prices? Ill buy.

I'm talking about Blizzard should lower the crafting costs. Prices are on a run away train right now.
Reply Quote
...the highest tiers of gems should be aimed at the endish game players. At that point, 20mil is a drop in the bucket. For 500gold you can get a 34stat gem, which is unbeatable value. As you gain gold, you can dump 20mil into that extra few stat.

Seems totally fine to me honestly.
Reply Quote
Sees name...
Hears game of thrones theme...
Ignores thread.

How do you ignore a thread by posting in it?

This.
Reply Quote
Some legit stuff is going on as well:

Lots of players have multi billions of gold that they are stuck with. It's impossible to sell any meaningful amount of gold on the RMAH in a short period of time. So to convert your billions to real $$ in a legit way you have two options:

1) buy BIS gear (for example 6CC Mempos) on the GAH for 2 Billion and sell them on the RMAH for cash. If you can sell the item you get a lot more money than the 2nd way.

2) Buy Radiant Stars on the GAH and sell them on the RMAH for cash $$.
I could easily flip 1 billion gold for cash in minutes this way.. The downside is that you get a lot lot less. 1 billion gold would buy about 50 Radiant Stars. @ $1.25 each you'd get about $37 in your PayPal account after all the fees.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]