Diablo® III

Name the number 1 reason you bought Diablo 3

Diablo 1, and Diablo 2... But, I guess I'm the odd man out here - I like Diablo 3! (No, it's not perfect; but then if it was for me others wouldn't like THAT either and would be complaining and whining anyway - same for any particular person, perfect for them would still get complaining and whining...)

Now, the biggest thing about Diablo 1 and 2, and now 3, is that I like going out an killing monsters. That's why I play, that's why I stay...
I only bought it because somebody else I knew was buying it, so we could play it together. I was interested in the potential, but I felt bad about the game from my experiences during the beta. D1 and D2 had little influence for me, I think. If it was just me, I probably wouldn't have bought D3.

While playing the beta, I was annoyed with the controls (queued abilities, crappy targeting), and the abilities mostly felt shallow and boring. After playing the actual game, nothing has really changed since the beta in these areas.
D1, D2 and D2:LOD
Diablo 2

To a lesser extent LoD, Diablo 1, and even SC2 (showed that lengthy development times on sequels can produce amazing results). I used to have faith in Blizzard. This game literally shattered it.
To kill 'em forum and game trolls.

Diablo 3 horde's so much of them that it's a feast. :)

D3 is way better than D2. And yes fortunately, i still play D2 to this day.
Edited by ZRaiyne#6337 on 4/8/2013 5:01 PM PDT
I bought Diablo 3 because I wanted an online action RPG with lots of character customization and epic loot.

I was wrong.
I bought Diablo 3 because I wanted an online action RPG with lots of character customization and epic loot.

I was wrong.

x2 here

04/08/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Caglar
Diablo 2

The atmosphere (and grim dialogue) and customization from D2 and LoD.
Diablo 2, plus the initial look at the game during early development, I figured, what could go wrong? QQ to the max since.
Amazing coop action with friends.

That turned out to be a dud though.
To kill 'em forum and game trolls.

Diablo 3 horde's so much of them that it's a feast. :)

D3 is way better than D2. And yes fortunately, i still play D2 to this day.

I thought about starting it again. I do miss it. the only thing i really miss though is my old account. I lost it multiple times not login in within 90 days and wish i had lol. It should have been 6 months not 3 lol.
D1, D2, and D2 Lod. I have a lvl 92 sorceress right now on Lod.
Edited by Bel#1732 on 4/8/2013 5:15 PM PDT
Blizzard
ARPG
Diablo 2.

Idk, I think they really made a very, very poor decision in trying to screw with the classic RPG formula here. Rpgs are supposed to be largely about customization, about making your own personal character that you can take some pride in, personal playstyles, in depth strategies, stuff like that. Well, they took all that, gutted it, then pretty much didn't put anything else back in. This is like D2 with upgraded graphics and performance, only without a good 3/4 of what actually made the prior game enjoyable. How the hell are you supposed to NOT get bored to tears when you have access to 6 skills, some of which are passive, at any given time? When everyone looks the same and almost everyone of every class is looking for roughly the exact same thing in gear? When everyone winds up using some variation of the exact same 2 or 3 builds because there's only so much you can do with 6 skill slots and 3 passive slots that's really more like only having 1 or 2 passive slots because there's always 1-2 must-have passive for each class?

Someone else mentioned multiplayer lacking here; well, I have to say that I loved D2 and never even set foot online.

This just...doesn't feel like an RPG. No, I guess it does, it just feels like an RPG in its very earliest stages of development, because there's absolutely no meat to the game. There's nothing there to be interested in or excited about.

I won't lie, I waited so long for D3 to come out assuming it would be at least a fair bit like the last two diablos, so I was absolutely crushed when I'd played the game for a few days and was already starting to feel the tinges of boredom setting in on me. I'd hoped I was misunderstanding something, that something would change as I got higher leveled, but it never did.

The fact is that they can patch the ever loving crap out of this game, but patches are really only meant to fix games that are already good and need small fixes to perfect it. This is broken at its very core. D3 is going to keep steadily going downhill unless they're willing to admit they screwed up and change the very fundamentals of the game itself, but I honestly don't see them doing that. They can pretend, but we all know full well that the way D3 is just does not work at all.
Leveling and gearing a cool Barb. Slaying monsters with it.
View profile
Diablo 2
Diablo 2.

Idk, I think they really made a very, very poor decision in trying to screw with the classic RPG formula here. Rpgs are supposed to be largely about customization, about making your own personal character that you can take some pride in, personal playstyles, in depth strategies, stuff like that. Well, they took all that, gutted it, then pretty much didn't put anything else back in. This is like D2 with upgraded graphics and performance, only without a good 3/4 of what actually made the prior game enjoyable. How the hell are you supposed to NOT get bored to tears when you have access to 6 skills, some of which are passive, at any given time? When everyone looks the same and almost everyone of every class is looking for roughly the exact same thing in gear? When everyone winds up using some variation of the exact same 2 or 3 builds because there's only so much you can do with 6 skill slots and 3 passive slots that's really more like only having 1 or 2 passive slots because there's always 1-2 must-have passive for each class?

Someone else mentioned multiplayer lacking here; well, I have to say that I loved D2 and never even set foot online.

This just...doesn't feel like an RPG. No, I guess it does, it just feels like an RPG in its very earliest stages of development, because there's absolutely no meat to the game. There's nothing there to be interested in or excited about.

I won't lie, I waited so long for D3 to come out assuming it would be at least a fair bit like the last two diablos, so I was absolutely crushed when I'd played the game for a few days and was already starting to feel the tinges of boredom setting in on me. I'd hoped I was misunderstanding something, that something would change as I got higher leveled, but it never did.

The fact is that they can patch the ever loving crap out of this game, but patches are really only meant to fix games that are already good and need small fixes to perfect it. This is broken at its very core. D3 is going to keep steadily going downhill unless they're willing to admit they screwed up and change the very fundamentals of the game itself, but I honestly don't see them doing that. They can pretend, but we all know full well that the way D3 is just does not work at all.

+1 and its not getting fixed anytime soon. It was expected, they took 10 years to create a stripped down version of D2 and the fix would probably take another 10 years.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/04/diablo-3-devs-return-with-more-itemisation-answers/
View profile
i bought this game because I wanted a new diablo game.

i feel that I got it.

I almost didn't buy it because of the restrictions of b.net 2.0, which I knew of ahead of time and was not thrown by.

I am pleased that they keep improving the game with patches and that they are taking steps to build on all the things that I thought were wrong with this game (many coming in the next patch and many already in the other patches).
View profile
The previous Diablo games. I already got a taste of the combat with D3's open beta, and wasn't too impressed, but the main thing I bought D3 for was the story. Wasn't the smartest move...

But hey, now I know not to go buy anything Blizzard-related anymore without actually listening to reviews, or trying it mysef via demo or "other" means.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]