Diablo® III

Name the number 1 reason you bought Diablo 3

I bought it because of the amazing gameplay trailer from 2008. I was dissapointedn, but I know things will get better and better with time, it's just the way this company rolls.
I bought it because it's a Blizzard game, and they said inferno would be super challenging... LOL at people beating it in 3 days.
Friends were playing it. I traded Everquest 2 gold for the game. Can't beat playing a game I received for free for over 1000 hours. Not to mention actually making money off of the game within that time frame.
I bought it because Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 were the best ARPGs I ever played and I wanted more.

Diablo 3 is ok, but didn't knock me over like the previous 2 did.
Number 1 reason: Blizzard.

I love their games and have not been disappointed. D3 not as good as D2:Lod, but it is still enjoyable. Mostly I don't let hype get to me, I don't put games on a pedastool<sp> so high as to be disappointed by my own expectations.
I got D3 for free for buying the annual pass.. If it werent for that I would not have bought it.. I hated D2... It was such a crap game... Because of that I would not have bought D3... Well I am glad I got it for free because D3 is great.. It fixed the things I hated about D2... Yes D3 has problems, but nowhere close to the problems I had with D2.. Oh and yea I bought D2 after LoD... So yea...
because of diablo 1 and 2, i was expecting d3 to be simila, i was wrong, blizzard south are just diffrent at making games then blizzard north was, im sure there get the hang of making ARPGS one day
"Name the number 1 reason you bought Diablo 3"

LOL why would you even ask? The answer is so obvious: D2.

I browsed a few pages of this thread and only other reason is something like "friend said it's good"

Figures...
D2 is the obvious answer! I hope everyone in this thread doesn't buy ROS. Blizzard used the Diablo's 2 huge success to get us to blindly buy, but thats never happening again.
D 2
Happy customer here.

Bought the game for the whole ARPG thing. Game had issues, still has issues...but man did they get combat right. Luckily combat is like 90% of ARPG games so it was at least enjoyable to play while it had just about everything else wrong.

oh so I can fit into this thread:

D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2

and

D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2 D2

don't forget
<insert angry rant about D2 and your life being ruined forever>
Blizzard obviously disagrees with you OP and believes the number 1 reason people bought Diablo 3 was because of WoW.
12/22/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Kirishima
Blizzard obviously disagrees with you OP and believes the number 1 reason people bought Diablo 3 was because of WoW.

What actually funny is that your part right. WOW users got Diablo 3 for FREE! Most people don't know this but before Diablo 3 came out they gave anyone Diablo 3 for free who purchased a year worth of WOW. Basically they locked them into WOW and gave them another reason to spend money (RMAH). Blizzard already knows how easily these fanbois spend money on a video game so the next best thing would be to give them D3 for free and rack in the $$$. Most Wow players didn't like D2 which is why D3 is more like WOW. They marketed this directly to them them because they apparently give blizzard endless amounts of $$$
Edited by rambuster#1868 on 12/22/2013 8:38 PM PST
Diablo 2
D2 and D2 only.
Cause I'm a fan of the Diablo series and also it's lore.
I bought diablo 3 because I thought it was going to be a successor to diablo 2.

The major things that bug me

~ No ladders
~ No chat lobby
~ No "Game lists"
~ No trading games because of my previous point.
~ Terrible uniques and itemization
~ Lackluster act4
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]