Diablo® III

Name the number 1 reason you bought Diablo 3

Diablo 1 & 2 & LoD
Diablo 1 + hellfire mod. Blizzards track record of winner games. I guess you gotta lay an egg once in awhile eh. What about chance for community mods to diablo 3? Cant happen?
Edited by Urza#1177 on 4/8/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Diablo 2: LOD
When i saw this my was very hesitant at first.

Diablo 1 keep me going for a long while... i still day dream about running away from the butcher the first time, owning Doombringer and Messerschidmts Reaver, and its a game i still go back to. simple, addictive, and fun, and the replay value was extraordinary, one of thee best purchases ever made.

Then Diablo 2 came out, and i grew up in a family that didn't believe in buying video games or consoles, i was lucky to have a computer, so i didnt get to own it when it first came out...in like 03-04 i FINALLY bought the Diablo war chest

oh man

It stole my life from me....night after night...no sleep...i played it endlessly. it was TOO epic, i loved every moment, everything was perfect, the skills felt perfect for each character, a Primal Barbarian... and he felt like a barbarian .he didnt feel like a war mage with ethereal weapons coming out of him, he was just very very skilled. I remember saying at 2:30 am,,,no more this time i really have to sleep...4:30 i finally had the will to turn computer off...i didnt actually go to bed, i stayed up and read the 2 AWESOME manuals with all the skill\monster descriptions and everything was just so perfect and felt like it fit.

The feel of Diablo 2 is a dragon i have been chasing for some time...but i am a little worried to actually find it, knowing what it will do to my life...I was\am a D2 addict, it was\is my drug

Played way way way way WAY too long, too many times, too many chars..and when i started messing with D2 Char editors it made the game last even longer...i can't tell you guys how many times i sweeped the tombs in the desert...alot of the time i knew i couldn't even be killed , it was just so fun to watch and be this epic swordmen cutting his way through tons upon tons of enemies, just for the fun of it.

I played up until 2013....i didnt even update it past 1.08 ( or 1.09 whatever the version is for LoD battle chest back then )

I told myself many times...i gotta stop playing this, besides finding some new item i have never seen, i have done everything i can do 1000 times

Diablo 3 had been TBA for a long time..and for whatever reason, i didnt keep checking up on it, in fact i didnt even know Blizzard North left...so when Diablo 3 was announced i had no idea about anything...

i had just assumed it would be the same blizzard north formula, originality, replay ability, and an itemization and loot drop rate that makes you drool while playing, just wondering what thing you will find next!

The dark "against all odds" desperate feel ( which is really REALLY ruined by having the enemy say " u will never win!!....oh well...now i really mean it, u will never win.....well okay u won again, but this time i really mean it...feel my TEAR_ROAR)

sometimes things are better left unsaid...
D3 female diablo = wont stop telling me hers plans, wont stop talking to me , WONT SHUT UP = lame

D2 Diablo= walking out side Kurst docks and seeing the wanderer himself..u brace urself, then he transforms into hellspawn...silently mocking u....=EPIC

, the cool monsters and animations, the skill\stat system which lets YOU build YOU the way YOU want

All of these things i has just assumed would naturally be there. Had no idea about the AH or the Always Online, just assumed it would be good ole Diablo made fresh

Now? now you cant even move the minmap around

cool down on skills? this wasnt supposed to be an MMO, but every one agrees Blizz catered to WoW players over Diablo fans....Why are the monsters all fat?

Anyways, sorry for the rant, i was supposed to say the number one reason i bought D3

its cuz D2 was so good, i knew i wouldn't have the will to walk away from it...so i broke my dics

and after only 2 MONTHS

Then paid for the D2 and LOD digital downloads off the Blizzard site
yeah Blizzard south, D2 was THAT GOOD
for diablo 2 hoping it was going to be better.
I was expecting the best ARPG to date. Sadly, I think I got the worst.
Diablo 2

The reason I will not buy diablo 4 or anything else D3 related?

Diablo 3
Edited by HubertDavis#1869 on 4/8/2013 6:16 PM PDT
Because it's named Diablo.
When i saw this my was very hesitant at first.

Diablo 1 keep me going for a long while... i still day dream about running away from the butcher the first time, owning Doombringer and Messerschidmts Reaver, and its a game i still go back to. simple, addictive, and fun, and the replay value was extraordinary, one of thee best purchases ever made.

Then Diablo 2 came out, and i grew up in a family that didn't believe in buying video games or consoles, i was lucky to have a computer, so i didnt get to own it when it first came out...in like 03-04 i FINALLY bought the Diablo war chest

oh man

It stole my life from me....night after night...no sleep...i played it endlessly. it was TOO epic, i loved every moment, everything was perfect, the skills felt perfect for each character, a Primal Barbarian... and he felt like a barbarian .he didnt feel like a war mage with ethereal weapons coming out of him, he was just very very skilled. I remember saying at 2:30 am,,,no more this time i really have to sleep...4:30 i finally had the will to turn computer off...i didnt actually go to bed, i stayed up and read the 2 AWESOME manuals with all the skill\monster descriptions and everything was just so perfect and felt like it fit.

The feel of Diablo 2 is a dragon i have been chasing for some time...but i am a little worried to actually find it, knowing what it will do to my life...I was\am a D2 addict, it was\is my drug

Played way way way way WAY too long, too many times, too many chars..and when i started messing with D2 Char editors it made the game last even longer...i can't tell you guys how many times i sweeped the tombs in the desert...alot of the time i knew i couldn't even be killed , it was just so fun to watch and be this epic swordmen cutting his way through tons upon tons of enemies, just for the fun of it.

I played up until 2013....i didnt even update it past 1.08 ( or 1.09 whatever the version is for LoD battle chest back then )

I told myself many times...i gotta stop playing this, besides finding some new item i have never seen, i have done everything i can do 1000 times

Diablo 3 had been TBA for a long time..and for whatever reason, i didnt keep checking up on it, in fact i didnt even know Blizzard North left...so when Diablo 3 was announced i had no idea about anything...

i had just assumed it would be the same blizzard north formula, originality, replay ability, and an itemization and loot drop rate that makes you drool while playing, just wondering what thing you will find next!

The dark "against all odds" desperate feel ( which is really REALLY ruined by having the enemy say " u will never win!!....oh well...now i really mean it, u will never win.....well okay u won again, but this time i really mean it...feel my TEAR_ROAR)

sometimes things are better left unsaid...
D3 female diablo = wont stop telling me hers plans, wont stop talking to me , WONT SHUT UP = lame

D2 Diablo= walking out side Kurst docks and seeing the wanderer himself..u brace urself, then he transforms into hellspawn...silently mocking u....=EPIC

, the cool monsters and animations, the skill\stat system which lets YOU build YOU the way YOU want

All of these things i has just assumed would naturally be there. Had no idea about the AH or the Always Online, just assumed it would be good ole Diablo made fresh

Now? now you cant even move the minmap around

cool down on skills? this wasnt supposed to be an MMO, but every one agrees Blizz catered to WoW players over Diablo fans....Why are the monsters all fat?

Anyways, sorry for the rant, i was supposed to say the number one reason i bought D3

its cuz D2 was so good, i knew i wouldn't have the will to walk away from it...so i broke my dics

and after only 2 MONTHS

Then paid for the D2 and LOD digital downloads off the Blizzard site
yeah Blizzard south, D2 was THAT GOOD

This i totally agree with. I actually spent way to many nights playing diablo 2 with my friends instead of sleeping. The only time i got off d3 was to sleep if i got really tired or for school lol. I probably played it 4 hours almost every other day for years.
D1 and D2 of course, any veteran gamer would have bought D3 based on the past 2 games renowned franchise. Too bad they dumb-down and totally wreck the franchise with this latest version of Diablo.

They should have given a new name for this game and kept the Diablo name for a much better iteration of D2 with enhanced graphics and game mechanics. Not this Diablo-lite that we have today.
Diablo 2
04/08/2013 04:38 PMPosted by IllIllllIllI
What's funny is that I probably would give Diablo 3 a very good grade if it was released by another company under a different name. I've played lots of ARPGs, most being pretty mediocre; But being a Blizzard title and not only that but a follow up to one of the biggest APRGs of all time, it falls way short.

I've said it before, but D3 would be a pretty respectable game in the Gauntlet franchise.
04/08/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Jimmy
Diablo 2
90 Human Hunter
wait. if i don't log in for over 90 days i lose my account? im military. so does that mean im screwed?

by the way i was gonna buy it but not so sure now
Edited by chris#13568 on 4/8/2013 6:58 PM PDT
View profile
Tetris
Beta was awesome.

That would explain why my D3 experience didn't disappoint either.
I knew what to expect and I got it.
View profile
04/08/2013 06:57 PMPosted by Colddrum
wait. if i don't log in for over 90 days i lose my account? im military. so does that mean im screwed?

im pretty sure the answer to that is no.
Diablo 2 is one of my favourite games ever, and I assumed this would be as good or better.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]