Diablo® III

Name the number 1 reason you bought Diablo 3

i bought the game cause all my friends were playing it. then boom they all left and i stayed hoping the game would get better. and still looking forward for new patches!
04/09/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Supra
i bought the game cause all my friends were playing it. then boom they all left and i stayed hoping the game would get better. and still looking forward for new patches!

True, most of my friends left and after not login in for a while i deleted the ones i didn't play with often.
Because I love Blizzard and I love the Diablo series. D3 is the best of them all :) Haters gonna hate
All Blizzard had to do was make Diablo 2, add things, and make it look better.

( I bought Diablo 3 because of D2:LOD. )

Diablo 3 is a disgrace.
d2
D1/D2/D2:LOD
Gameplay.
Warcraft 1 -> Diablo -> Starcraft -> Warcraft 2 -> Diablo II -> Warcraft 3 -> World of Warcraft -> Starcraft 2 -> Diablo III.
This is a lineup of the best gameplay experiences I have had in gaming for over 15 years. Diablo III is visceral, satisfying, and sounds absolutely amazing. I hate these forums because there is an incredible amount of negativity for a game that people put 100's of hours into playing. I've never seen people do something for such a long period of time, only to come back at the end and say they absolutely hated it from the beginning. Firstly, BULL, secondly you are annoying.
Edited by Araxom on 5/1/2013 7:58 PM PDT
Hype.
Despite the answers, I'll bet most of the sales of D3 were a result of WoW players taking the annual pass deal, either expecting a game like WoW in a different setting, or just saying "Meh, free game for paying for something I'm gonna be doing anyhow."

In general though, has anyone else noticed that as our communication technology improves, we seem to be growing further apart? Sure we can connect with people from around the world, but how many of you even know your neighbor?
I absolutely loved Diablo 2! And I looked forward to playing lots of pvp and harder boss runs with friends :) (still looking forward for better pvp system though!)
I bought D3 because it is fun to play. I had stopped gaming for a good while due to business, heard about it and decided to try the free version. I was hooked!

I realize the game has issues, but at the end of the day I enjoy the grind, so it suits me.

I have never played D2 (which I realize invalidates my opinion for some of you). I have heard people say D3 is too much like D2 and that it is not alike enough. Suffice it to say, opinions vary and you have to do what you enjoy!
got it for free with annual pass. Although I like it enough that I would have bought it anyway. People complain about this game day in and day out and honestly I think its just a bunch of crying. I hear it on every forum known to man. People will always cry.. I like the game others dont... do i care? hell no....
D1/D2:LoD
04/09/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Dontinquire
Diablo 3 is a disgrace.
13,000 elite kills. Let's say 5 elites per minute (extremely high estimate) that's a bare !@# minimum of 45 hours played. How much could you really feel something is a disgrace with that much time invested?

Considering how much time I've invested into other games?

The time I've invested into Diablo 3 is NOTHING.

The time I've invested into Diablo 3 is NOTHING

HC lvl 60 and SC monk plvl 64? if u didnt bot, you spent a lot of time on those 2 heroes. Why?

ya, that's right cause u liked the game, admit it and stop trolling (calling the game a disgrace) lol get out of here troll
04/09/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Dontinquire
Diablo 3 is a disgrace.
13,000 elite kills. Let's say 5 elites per minute (extremely high estimate) that's a bare !@# minimum of 45 hours played. How much could you really feel something is a disgrace with that much time invested?

ya, extremely high estimate. a more accurate estimate would be 4 elites / 5min equaling to about 250hrs (not 45) which is plenty of time to give accurate feedback

The time I've invested into Diablo 3 is NOTHING

HC lvl 60 and SC monk plvl 64? if u didnt bot, you spent a lot of time on those 2 heroes. Why?

ya, that's right cause u liked the game, admit it and stop trolling (calling the game a disgrace) lol get out of here troll

I played alot too and i dont like this game for the most part. I enjoy the most aspects, but the story line, itemization and such is just terrible. I mostly played because i truly believed that if i got godly items i would enjoy the game. Thats why most have so many hours. They also wanted the same end result. The issue is that it takes 500+ hours to even figure out that if you dont pay real money your not getting there, unless your super lucky. You have a better chance to win the lottery than to find upgrades for your own characters. If i find good legs is for another character. Its never for the character im playing. Almost like its designed entirely that way to force trades in the AH. We all know the trade window hack was never fixed to Force users to us the AH, so drops based on character seem likely.

There is also the possibility that people play because they have huge passion for how fun the previous games were and are really hoping they can find that passion again, but just like love you can easily get fooled and fall out of love.
D2
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]