Diablo® III

Name the number 1 reason you bought Diablo 3

I get a kick out of these people that base a persons over all judgement of a game on the time played.

I like the game, enough to have clocked some serious hours, but i like it cause its an ARPG, with perhaps the smoothest combat engine across the entire genre. Does it have the best loot of them all? Nah. Does it have the best character build variance of them all? Nah. Does it have the best depth to misc game play? Nah.

Theres ALOT of things this game failed to do right, and so some of us are here expressing to Blizzard, how we just dont understand them failing to make this game as great as its previous installment. I mean, really, the recipe was right there in front of their faces.

Again, i like the game, and when i just want to mindlessly kill hoardes of enemies, i play it. When i want to actually get some cool loot and feel like i made it somewhere in a game, i go play POE, TL2, D2, or one of many other games that got it right, or at least, they got it more right than D3.

Cheers,.
Diablo 2 , 1 and Lost Vikings (amiga) , also enjoyed the warcraft series until WC3, but honestly gave up on WoW 3 weeks after release. There is just something I do not like about 100's of people running around in the same level chasing after 1 thing or each other, but that is just my personal taste in video gaming. I do enjoy BF3 64 player though ;-) , just baffled that BF3 runs better on my PC with max settings then D3 does in 4 player multi with medium settings :s
Like many of the previous posts.... the main reason I bought/play D3 is because of....

D2 then D2:LOD

Not throwing in the towel yet, but something about D3 is a serious grind and not half as much re-playability (as D2).
D2 was basically a religion. So far I've had so much fun with Diablo 3. My favorite ARPG I've played.
D1
D2
TL
TQ

etc
I bought Diablo 3 hoping it would be a "perfect" game something millions would play and it would capitalize all those years in develpment to appeal to a wide audience and offer all gameplay options to the different gameplay styles of everyone in that wide audience, now i have lower my own bar and i would just be happy with some pvp organization and diversity of maps, i used to think this would be HUGE, paradigm changing to the gaming world, and im not saying i expected a very different game, i think the game itself, the combat mechanics are a lot of fun and quite clever, BUT it seems so neglected, it seems as nobody cared to make it shine... all the changes in next patch are just intelligent design decisions that one would expect from a proffesional big company as Blizzard from the start, in my opinion the game was released incomplete and unpolished and sadly most of the lack of shine comes from simple ideas like, gear stat comparison available on AH, people in charge of UI design should be fired and never hired by any company again, its incredible it took one year to add an ID ALL a Craft x amount, and gear comparison on ah (the one place where its most useful) and on top of that they are testing it lol... right now in PTR blizzard is testing COMMON SENSE, if they test everything i wonder how they didnt think all those improvements were not necessary before... any time before ONE YEAR after release lol..

pd: im not a hater i bought d3 expeting to play this and only this for a long time, i think thats how i felt before i played it.
Edited by Orbister#2187 on 4/9/2013 3:10 PM PDT

HC lvl 60 and SC monk plvl 64? if u didnt bot, you spent a lot of time on those 2 heroes. Why?

ya, that's right cause u liked the game, admit it and stop trolling (calling the game a disgrace) lol get out of here troll

I played alot too and i dont like this game for the most part. I enjoy the most aspects, but the story line, itemization and such is just terrible. I mostly played because i truly believed that if i got godly items i would enjoy the game. Thats why most have so many hours. They also wanted the same end result. The issue is that it takes 500+ hours to even figure out that if you dont pay real money your not getting there, unless your super lucky. You have a better chance to win the lottery than to find upgrades for your own characters. If i find good legs is for another character. Its never for the character im playing. Almost like its designed entirely that way to force trades in the AH. We all know the trade window hack was never fixed to Force users to us the AH, so drops based on character seem likely.

There is also the possibility that people play because they have huge passion for how fun the previous games were and are really hoping they can find that passion again, but just like love you can easily get fooled and fall out of love.

Absolutely correct.

250 hours on a game is still nothing considering the game has been out for a year.

I have been playing it for that long in the hopes that it will improve...

The expansion will be my last hope.

If the expansion does not redeem Diablo 3, my faith in Blizzard will be lost forever.
Fan of Blizzard games,... really enjoyed playing Diablo 1 and 2. I enjoy playing Diablo 3, although I almost didn't buy it because of the fact that you can only play it while online. One of my fears was that I would not be able to play the game should the Servers shutdown, and wouldn't you know it-After waiting for more than 6 hours today to play because of a scheduled maintenance (5am to 11am pdt), the game crashed when I was about to complete a quest objective. A popup message said the Server is down for maintenance, and that I should check the server status page. I checked the status page and it said the Server is available, but I still can't play the game!
bought D3 because of the name and NOT dissapointed at all. I WOULD have been dissapointed if it would have been like an expansionof D2. I played the heck out of D2 but if I wanted it to be just like D2, well I'd play D2. I've got the D2 cd's sitting in a box behind my monitor I love D3 and the direction it has taken. Not interested in Ladder, could care less about PVP. Blizzard just needs to keep improving the game, just like they kept improving D2 over time, and they will. I think people on this board like to whine for the sake of whining or to get a reaction. Its laughable and I do laugh.
D1 and 2
04/09/2013 03:29 PMPosted by PokerOgre
bought D3 because of the name and NOT dissapointed at all. I WOULD have been dissapointed if it would have been like an expansionof D2. I played the heck out of D2 but if I wanted it to be just like D2, well I'd play D2. I've got the D2 cd's sitting in a box behind my monitor I love D3 and the direction it has taken. Not interested in Ladder, could care less about PVP. Blizzard just needs to keep improving the game, just like they kept improving D2 over time, and they will. I think people on this board like to whine for the sake of whining or to get a reaction. Its laughable and I do laugh.

If u do not care about the improvements people are asking and have the right to do, just step aside, u are now just trying to censor those who care.
04/09/2013 03:29 PMPosted by PokerOgre

You obvious don't understand the definition of a "Sequel." Let me help you on that.

1) A literary work, movie, etc., that is complete in itself but continues the narrative of a preceding work.
2) An event or circumstance following something; subsequent course of affairs.
3) Anything that follows from something else; development
4) A novel, play, etc, that continues a previously related story

All taken from the dictionary.

This game is not a sequel, It was completely scratched after 2008 by Jay Wilsons team and started from scratch (he said it in an interview video on youtube); A sequel is a continuation of the previous game ect... If we wanted another Demon killing game it should have been a completely new name. Then and ONLY then would the game be decent in the current state its in.

I'm happy that you enjoy the game. I do as well to an extent. Its the whole starting from scratch and removing all previous features which made the game an "Award Winning Game" that destroyed Diablo 3. This game is WOWablo. It was given free to them in the annual pass (users who would buy it anyways) and diablo fans got shafted by not even getting a discount for owning the previous title. Cooldowns in this game are a joke.

Look at the award section here. It speaks for it's self. That game was what blizzard used to be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_II
Edited by mat82284#1707 on 4/9/2013 3:46 PM PDT
Hellfire
D1
D2

Yeah, I'm that old!
Edited by Argos#1307 on 4/9/2013 3:46 PM PDT
Number 1 reason I bought Diablo 3 was Diablo 1 & 2.

2008 Footage (no cooldowns)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1CF1LO6iwg

http://youtu.be/z1CF1LO6iwg?t=1m50s

Really? I see a cooldown right there. If you're going to complain about that, at least be right. Also Diablo II had cooldowns implemented into it too... although I didn't agree with the way they were implemented. I don't have a problem with cooldowns, unless the skill being used justifies it. I like the way they handle Blizzard in D3, it doesn't stack with itself but you can spam it as long as you have the AP.
I just wanted to throw 40 bucks away loved d2 lod I still play it
#1 reason: great gaming franchise. I liked D1, loved D2, and love D3 so far!
04/08/2013 03:36 PMPosted by mat82284
This isnt Final Fantasy, and unlike blizzard square told there users what they were buying thus there huge continued success unlike d3.

FF fans are about as upset about FF13 and its sequel as much as Diablo fans are about Diablo3. It's just they have a lack of voice due to no main forum to air their greivences. Regarding FF14, that was even more of an upset than FF13. Far, far more.

But you are right about the statement that most diablo fans are upset about diablo3 as it really isn't the successor to diablo2 that we expected-including me. this is also the last blizz game i buy on their reputation.

even though i feel square did f'up far more than blizz in the last year, i will still buy square products. complaints against recent final fantasy products are more artistically based as opposed to blizzards "remove the 4 original designers of diablo products, fire them, then release an unfinished game" concerns.
04/08/2013 03:44 PMPosted by padako
I bought it to get laid more often.

this.

But you are right about the statement that most diablo fans are upset about diablo3 as it really isn't the successor to diablo2 that we expected-including me. this is also the last blizz game i buy on their reputation.

Do you have any proof that you are speaking for "most diablo fans"? Or are you assuming you lie in the majority?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]