Diablo® III

50m gold to sum up changes needed to D3

Here goes, tomorrow at 2am EST, I will give 50m to the person that will bring in the best list of changes needed to be made to D3, I will be the judge of which is best, you guys can even make more threads if this one reaches the limit, in case it gets full.

This list of changes needs to have good explanations of why you think thes change needs to be done or why something needs to be added to the game, and please give better informations than Diablo 2.

After announcing the winner, I will gather the best ideas and post them in another threads for the devs and Lylirra to see.

May the best game designer/consultant win :)
Reply Quote
Eliminate the Auction and Real Money House and cap the gold to 2.5 billion max. Once the gold is inflated, people will be force to trade items for items, bringing back that old feeling in D2 of trading items for items. The items I buy with gold on the AH is like.. meh, so what. I didn't have to find the person who has the item that I need as long as you have the gold to buy it.
This is "real" change that D3 needs to make. But we all know that won't happen because there are too many greedy people out there and that have probably invested thousands of dollars in this game.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 01:11 AMPosted by Jowy68
Here goes, tomorrow at 2am EST, I will give 50m to the person that will bring in the best list of changes needed to be made to D3, I will be the judge of which is best, you guys can even make more threads if this one reaches the limit, in case it gets full.

Seems easier to just read the forums and give people you see make good posts gold.
Reply Quote
The weirdest post i ve read,
And u will be the judge? Or u mean u will ask the devs to be the judge?

Suggestions are everywhere and they are all very good i dont understand what u are doing here (and dont think u can get a dev to rate suggestions)
Reply Quote
1) Drop items at a pace that makes reaching the full end-game (mp10 ubers) possible for self-found players.

2) Fix class balance so the above isn't just for barbarians.

3) Broaden the set of skills in use by adjusting ALL underused skills upward in power. Repeat until there are no skills/runes under 1/4% utilization.

4) Give players greater control over their destiny. More and more controlled crafting, socket quest, runes, items that enhance a broader range of specific skills, etc.

5) Rarely drop higher level gems so that reaching marquise without the support of gem farmers is realistically possible. (Or otherwise find some way to address this issue).

6) Add MP11 (and possibly higher MPs) to give players seeking challenge more to work on. (But don't take away the hellfire guarantee at MP10).

7) Make achievements meaningful (maybe add % of achievements complete to MF, or as a bonus to damage, that sort of thing).

8) Add many more achievements to make #7 more interesting.

9) Add more content. More side quests, with deeper (possibly infinite) dungeons.

10) Remove the BOA of crafted archon items. (This would fix a number of problems currently plaguing the AH). Instead, BOA all items after first sale (to eliminate market cornering behavior).

On reflecting on this personal top-10 list, I find the following interesting:

Only one really has to do directly with the AH, and all the rest would fix the issues with the AH by side-effect.

Most of these could be done quite cheaply (low effort). 9 is the only high developer cost item.

#1 might be addressed by the itemization patch, but somehow I doubt it.

Anyway, I have a pretty high level of hopelessness for any of these to get done. But it's fun to dream.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Surt
1) Drop items at a pace that makes reaching the full end-game (mp10 ubers) possible for self-found players.

That would destroy the economy. Everyone would just find their own items.

6) Add MP11 (and possibly higher MPs) to give players seeking challenge more to work on. (But don't take away the hellfire guarantee at MP10).

Why not MP 15? Why not MP 50? Why not MP 100?? Why not take off gear if you want to have less stats compared to monsters? Taking off gear is the same as increasing MP? So what does it matter what they give us? If you want a "challenge" you can do that already. Take off gear. Because more or less stats isn't "challenge" or "difficulty" its called a gear check.

7) Make achievements meaningful (maybe add % of achievements complete to MF, or as a bonus to damage, that sort of thing).

No.
Reply Quote
here is my list:

1) remake the game.
Reply Quote
CD needs nerf
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004344676

Ideas: shrine, prefix
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7416062560

Nek
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592241360

Create potions
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7923723768

Itemization
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087999828

Buff prefix
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197650724

Socketing
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8155955881

Movement speed
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8198729793

Gheed
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197591163

Item reroll
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8415081438

Anti-bot
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8480888122

Multi-player changes
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569386858
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 4/9/2013 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I put alot of thought into combing the forums and summing it up the shortest list of 10 I can and adding some more things I think we need but Diablo 3 needs alot of help so this is long. Hope I win I think this is a good list with the pertinent information bolded! Here goes.

1. Release the itemization update sooner rather than later. Make this really count. I dont want STR rolling on my Tal Rasha Hat! Alot of the players are anticipating this bigtime. BIGTIME!

2. Expand the game in general. More enemies, areas to explore, gems, legendaries, set items, ect. Make those legendaries and set items give us things like you gain 10% extra damage while at full health and you can have 2 hydras at once or you gain +50% shrine effect and duration.

3. Make a host of small improvements:
A) Make fortune shrines go over the MF and GF cap,
B Make the movement speed cap 50%.
C) Increase the inventory size.
D) Give us more tabs in stash to unlock. It looks like there are 3 more tab spaces anyways!
E) Add identify all button.
F) Add salvage all button with confirmation if it detects a set item or legendary.
G) Add a function to lock items you are wearing to prevent accidently unequiping.
H) Give elites and champions a more distinguishing appearance and/or glow.
I) Remove white and grey items from the game. Start off each new character with a blue weapon.
J) Make a Diablo Calendar Bonus for each day. For example April 10 could be Day of the Tarot: All characters gain 5% MF and GF that goes over the cap. Extra chance for a new legendary to drop: The Tarot Deck.
K) Fix AH to be able to search all parameters for all available items. IE Be able to search Stone of Jordan with Zombie Bear reduced cost.
L) Remove affixes that nobody cares about like Ignores Dur Loss, Reduce damage from ranged attacks, melee attackers take damage, ect.
M) Option to turn down visual effects so whirlwind barbs dont get the glowing white sun in their screen and such.
N) Option to have skip cinematics toggled.
O) Fix Waller affix so it cant spawn literally on your face.
P) Option to be able to sell items in auction house for less than the automatic 1day 12hours. Some want to be able to do 6h auction for example.
Q) Way to add sockets to weapons.
R) More incentive to play multiplayer.

4. Release 2 new game modes Hardcore - No Auction House and Softcore - No Auction House. In addition another route is to make items you buy on AH bind to account on purchase.

5. Get a handle on the duping situation. I see duped items all the time on AH.

6. Fix seldom used character abilities. Another round of updates to runes that are seldom used, abilities and passives that are seldom used because of weakness, too long of a cooldown, too much resource cost or other reasons.

7. More new crafting. The archon series was a huge hit. Expand on it bigtime.

8. Make changes for paragon level 100 characters that can be toggled on or off that only work for those characters. (In case your Barb 60/100 still wants to get MF gear to sell for example). All items they get cant roll reduced item requirements, MF, or GF. Hellfire ring they craft have random affix instead of bonus xp but restricted to paragon 100. Fortune shrines that instead increase drop chances of gems and Enlightenment drop extra gold.

9. Balance PvP.

10. Add another STR based character since they only have 1.

I added you as friend in case I am winner Jowy68. Enjoy.

If you actually read this all then wall of Urza Text hit you for 8,764,995 damage (Crit) and you died. Sorry.
Reply Quote
Take smooth and fast gameplay of D3.

Add 85% of stuff from POE(no desync of course)such as crafting for specific mods, adding sockets, different gems. Remove RMAH, keep GAH, uncap gold limit, remove trade window between players, still allow gold to be bought and sold through a paypal section of AH, if players account doesnt have enough gold they can charge to paypal if they please.

Boom Perfect Game in my opinion.
Bots? who cares they cant trade their wares between accounts now that trade window is gone.
Still wanna sell gold? fine, must be done directly through blizz at blizzs rates.
Still wanna pay to win? ok its your money and blizz has no prblem seling some gold.

Only thing that would be missing is the option to either choose to allocate your own skills, or you could choose the option to have the game make the most well rounded char for the class automatically. Would be even better if at any point throughout your build you could choose the opposite option with the catch being all previous allocations are permanet event though you changed your mind.

Man D3 was really a letdown after waiting for years for it, i hope things get better.
Reply Quote
Convenience improvements (focus on play rather than item management):
- autoloot can be customized to pick up health, potions, blue, yellow, legendary, mats, etc
- Expand AH search criteria. Allow every affix to be searched for every item slot so items like SoJ or future similar items can be searched with ease. I'd suggest a folder or tab system that places less likely or special affixes in a separate drop down so it doesn't clog up the main drop down.
- Ability to search on the AH from anywhere in game or via mobile app. Upon creating a co-op game, the leader can disable AH use to promote game play.
- Ability to travel between acts (even if doing so resets your NV)
- Give us a way modify gear of alts without logging into them individually. Example: Above the shared stash are 10 tabs for each alt. You can select the character in question and add/remove gear accordingly.
- Provide a means auto-sell/auto-salvage while out in the field. We've seen this done effectively in other games enough to know it would be a benefit.
- Let players exceed the 10 item limit in AH with a gold sink penalty that increases as you continue to surpass the limit.

Game play issues:
- Completely rework CHC as it breaks the game. Design it with a low cap such as 10% + diminishing returns. Make critical hits potent on single target attack powers and weak on AoE to encourage a proper mix.
- Tons of skills/runes/passives feel underpowered compared to other options. Look at what players are using at mid-range MP's like MP5. Take this information to buff runes that are not desirable.
- A few skills/runes/passives are overpowered and need redesign or severe nerf.
Look again at players using skills at MP5 and determine if only 1 skill truly makes the build work. Consider nerfing it if buffing everything else to that level is unreasonably powerful. Critical Mass is one such example unless the CHC nerf above becomes a reality.
- Powers should be built around MP5 as a balance point
- We should have 9 power slots which can be used for any combination of passives/skills
- Increase monster density and increase rewards based on areas to compensate. We don't want every area to have the same number of monsters because it would destroy pacing and get tedious. It's okay to have some spread out areas but adjust the rewards to compensate for less actual monster killing.
- Adjustments to monster affixes. Buff shielding, bring back invulnerable minions, nerf poison, buff molten. Try to make all affixes feel somewhat threatening. We shouldn't only fear 2-3 affixes.
- Increase legendary plan drop rates and set item drop rates. Promoting self-found play means making all aspects of the game available to the larger market of players.
- Enhance complexity of followers in terms of gear slots, powers and effectiveness. This will make solo-play a little more enticing which is good after the 1.0.8 multiplayer buff. Many of us would prefer followers along the lines of Diablo 2 support rather than Diablo 3's minor buff and stat boosting sponges.
- Give elemental attack types more meaning. Cold slows, lightning chance to stun, fire chance to spread to adjacent foes for minor DoT, poison chance to deal higher end DoT, etc.
- Make crafting viable for all item slots, not just a few.
- Buff shields with 6% LS and 2k LoH being able to roll on them
- Massively buff single resists to make them meaningful or remove them from the game entirely.
- Give a true movement cap with skills/passives/runes + gear and ensure each class has several skill/rune/passive options of obtaining it.

Information issues:
- Items should be easily and definitively comparable without requiring 3rd party sites
- Create an in-game wiki that details proc rates and the like
- Proc rates should be visible on powers and runes
- Affixes and special equipment properties need to identify whether they proc or not
- Be open and public with in-game mechanics
- Enable PTR access at all times. Don't be afraid to truly test alpha concepts there for player input. It's okay if ideas are completely scrapped from PTR.
Reply Quote
Don't know why so many people are asking to remove the RMAH. It would have a negative effect on everyone, whether you use the RMAH or not. Believe it or not, it regulates prices and slows down gold inflation.
Reply Quote
Use that 50 m to improve ur gear man.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 04:57 AMPosted by DeadDragon
Don't know why so many people are asking to remove the RMAH. It would have a negative effect on everyone, whether you use the RMAH or not. Believe it or not, it regulates prices and slows down gold inflation.
Well its not hard to believe no one knows anything about economics.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 05:07 AMPosted by Jt3z
Reply Quote
Eliminate the Auction and Real Money House and cap the gold to 2.5 billion max. Once the gold is inflated, people will be force to trade items for items, bringing back that old feeling in D2 of trading items for items. The items I buy with gold on the AH is like.. meh, so what. I didn't have to find the person who has the item that I need as long as you have the gold to buy it.
This is "real" change that D3 needs to make. But we all know that won't happen because there are too many greedy people out there and that have probably invested thousands of dollars in this game.

you're stupid the rmah didnt break the game in any way you're just a cheap !@# that is all
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Glock

That would destroy the economy. Everyone would just find their own items.

Why not MP 15? Why not MP 50? Why not MP 100?? Why not take off gear if you want to have less stats compared to monsters? Taking off gear is the same as increasing MP? So what does it matter what they give us? If you want a "challenge" you can do that already. Take off gear. Because more or less stats isn't "challenge" or "difficulty" its called a gear check.

No.

Yes, it would destroy the economy. The economy is not the game. It would make the game fun, like d2.

It needs at least one difficulty level beyond MP10 in my scenario because there would be gear to check beyond MP10, that's kind of the point. All ARPG's in this genre are fundamentally gear checks, because the only skill involved is a little button pushing and that's just fundamentally not very hard to master. A level beyond mp10 is needed so that mp10 can be accessible with found gear (and can give player control of their destiny as far as hellfire/paragon goes).

Making the achievements meaningful should appeal to you given you hate the gear check, as it gives you something different to do in the game.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 05:12 AMPosted by ArchPau

Now why would I use 50m to improve gear on a game I don't play anymore ?
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Jowy68

Now why would I use 50m to improve gear on a game I don't play anymore ?
Then why make a thread like this? Seems like all you want is attention.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]