Diablo® III

PTR is an Act 3 nerf

Its plain and simple as everyone wants paragon 100 so just give it to the whiners then guess what no more optimal paths cause you know what everyones paragon 100 at that point and don't need optimal runs instead they can turn to Auctionhouse 3.0 and start item flipping which by my last glance at the EULA and Terms of Diablo 3 states you cannot buy items off auction house and turn around to sell them for profit. However this is being done daily by 100000s of people and bots but not a single 1 banned.

Blizzard please do us all a solid and get 5 GMS in game constantly on rotation at all times to moniter and BAN auction house flippers, botters, and gold sellers. Once you rid the game of all this bull then the auction house can go down to a more stable economy that's not full of duped items & botted items. Gold goes backup to a reasonable price on RMAH and everyones happy.

It's part of the game... I can't tell you how much gold I've made from buying items that are set to expire during planned server down time on patch day... check for mempos, witching hours, godly skorns, etc, sort by time left on the auction, find items with low bids that will end before servers are up... profit.

It's not my fault that people don't pay attention to when their auctions are set to expire, or that Blizzard doesn't pause AH during down time...
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Please feel free to chime in!

I'm not sure optimized mob density is the solution for Act IV. It's important, for sure, but there's more to it. I can't put my finger on it really, but it feels too short, it feels locked in, not enough open spaces perhaps. Boss fights tied to quest progression plays a part as well (in any act). There's this intangible feeling that the Chaos Sanctuary is missing here, too. Remember those great Chaos runs and what made them good?
Reply Quote
I like the idea of nerfing the scorpions... XP should be more closely related to how much health a mob has. I like taking on the more challenging mobs, but they often get skipped because it isn't efficient to take the extra time taking them down. Just move onto the next horde of tiny weaklings.

More even density, and XP being balanced more to mob difficulty/health will make the game as a whole more fun to play, and make me do more full act clears rather than just pinpoint farming.
Reply Quote
View profile
Probably said a few times....and from release that we play the game as they (developers) want us to play or a possible multiple choice:

1. developers think we should do the same grind but other places.

2. developers didn't want all the players doing the same thing without their consent.

3. showing us that they are adding content. and hoping we dont notice that increasing a number does not always means adding something new.

4. one of a dozen more choices
Reply Quote
Good Job Blizzard, i love the changes, now i can play all act 1 / 2 / 3, and clear all quests, not only act 3, 3, 3, 3, 3.

But, still have a problem.... ACT 4

How vault of assassin act 2 have more elites than all act 4 ? something is wrong, right ?

Act 4 need tons os elites, not 5 or 6, but at leats 20 pack of elites, or more.
I want harder act 4, with many demons, many pack os hard elites, or add some secondary events / areas there for farming, like assassin vault act 2. Well, something need change, or act 4 will continue as today. And is sad =/

I hope that the act 4 becomes a hard way, with tons of demons, monsters and many pack of elites.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Drothvader
If I had to make a guess, people who do "optimal" runs are also the first ones to get bored... I can't see myself do COTA all day long, or ignoring everything but stinger... Sounds boring to me...

It's one of the reasons I rarely play anymore.

I'd rather clear a full act than sit and do Alkaizer runs. 5 or 6 of those in one play session and I'm ready to quit.

Meanwhile, if I do a full act clear, (Or even a full game clear as I really like to do. I like starting on Act I and continuing through Act IV) I generally have a play session that last 7 times longer and feels much more productive.

Then I look back and do some calculations... I could have made double and even triple the XP if I had spent that time doing JUST Alkaizer runs... That's the point where I look back and deem the game broken. Repeatedly clearing a small portion of the game is incredibly boring.

10000000% TRUE
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just in case you may have missed it, here's Wyatt's explanation for why Tormented Stingers and Stygian Crawlers (scorpions) had their experience nerfed:

no matter how you say it, its still a terrible idea.... This is by far the worst decision to change something that isn't broken in a long time.
Reply Quote
This is a HUGE problem with blizzards way of game fixes. HUGE Changes. 75% is a very very very VERY biig number. 10-15 At most 25% is more then enough.

Wait til they nerf the barbs people complain about. It'll be unplayble. For barbs in the future RIP

..And also RIP crater / core runs....
Reply Quote
Two things drive me crazy over this. The first is that they are closing threads that are asking why the AH is down, which is a completely legitimate question and one that should be answered. The second is that they have a RMAH that is down and people are losing real money due to the fact that nobody can bid on their items. Not to mention all of the people that have put in good time into the game just to lose there 1 in 10,000 item on the AH for next to nothing because nobody can bid on it.
Reply Quote
This is a HUGE problem with blizzards way of game fixes. HUGE Changes. 75% is a very very very VERY biig number. 10-15 At most 25% is more then enough.

Wait til they nerf the barbs people complain about. It'll be unplayble. For barbs in the future RIP

..And also RIP crater / core runs....

Agree completely
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 07:52 AMPosted by drankurbeer
is that what they did? their version of improving monster density was to just reduce it on act 3 to make the rest of the acts seem more populated??? thats bloody well stupid.

Good job not reading the patch notes:

Players should now encounter more monsters in Acts I, II, and IV in Inferno difficulty when playing at Monster Power 1 or greater.
Tormented Stingers and Stygian Crawlers have had their experience reduced by 75%.

At no point in there does it say that the monster population was reduced in Act 3. It says it was increased in all of the other acts, and the experience was reduced for two monsters in Act 3. My god people, it's not the end of the world. Those monsters gave too much experience, and you all know it.
Reply Quote
walk for 20 secnds....kill monster....walk for another 20 seconds. kill another monster,...rinse and repeat for the entire game, rather than just act 1, 2 , and 4???

is that what they did? their version of improving monster density was to just reduce it on act 3 to make the rest of the acts seem more populated??? thats bloody well stupid.

You're bloody well stupid, read the notes.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 08:08 AMPosted by igniteice

Good job not reading the patch notes:

Players should now encounter more monsters in Acts I, II, and IV in Inferno difficulty when playing at Monster Power 1 or greater.
Tormented Stingers and Stygian Crawlers have had their experience reduced by 75%.

At no point in there does it say that the monster population was reduced in Act 3. It says it was increased in all of the other acts, and the experience was reduced for two monsters in Act 3. My god people, it's not the end of the world. Those monsters gave too much experience, and you all know it.

^^ haters are crying because they cant do more that run, and restart restart, and restart again, killing only scorpions at high mp, a good and easy way for rush paragon, then imagine how easy would kill scorpions with buffs xp in patch 1.0.8 ? 2 days 0 ~ 100 paragon ? Nerf is the right way, we will have much more xp from co-op and xp itens, and thats all.
The only problem now is act 4, anyway thank you Blizzard, good Job.
Reply Quote
Just in case you may have missed it, here's Wyatt's explanation for why Tormented Stingers and Stygian Crawlers (scorpions) had their experience nerfed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1bjorz/developer_journal_multiplayer_improvements/c97i0sm

Scorpions have had their XP reduced. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We looked and considered buffing everything else instead, but in light of the multiplayer buffs we were already providing, we didn't want to inflate the game as a whole even further.

Specifically, Scorpions have had their XP reduced by 75%. That probably sounds like a lot at an emotional level, because it's never fun to have a source of XP reduced by that much, but I hope some can agree if you think about it - a mallet lord is worth 1.5x the xp a scorpion is. And that's not just mallet lords, most of the monsters in the game are within a certain reasonable ratio of one another and the scorpions were a very obvious outlier.

Also, just reiterating what others have said, Nephalem Valor stacks are now multiplicative, not additive. The simple calculation is: [ 100%(base) + bonus from MP + helm ruby + ring] * [1 + Up to 0.75 from NV + Up to 0.30 for multiplayer]

To get a better feel, you might want to check out this discussion over on /r/diablo: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1bz86d/nephalem_valor_stacks_are_now_multiplicative/

It just felt really strange to us to have a relatively easy monster providing as much as experience as monsters that are notably more challenging. Either way, seems like a pretty reasonable trade-off to me. You should log on to the PTR and test it out! :)

Monsters should reward exp based on difficulty. This is a good change. Don't see why some people have problems with it. The goal is to promote all Acts.

GOOD JOB!
Reply Quote
Been a lot better if they buffed other acts rather than nerf act 3.
Edited by Animastyle#6615 on 4/10/2013 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]