Diablo® III

SNS Upgrade Advice

View profile
Hello,
I have my SNS wizard pretty decked out, but I'm trying to bump my dps (who isn't.)

A link to my dup for the SNS wizard here: http://d3up.com/b/50446

A link to my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GunnersDream-1109/hero/3775240

I switch builds a lot so my profile might be showing different items/skills, that's why I linked my dup profile.

So I know the thing that is really killing my dps is lack of crit damage and my original plan was to slowly replace my 2 rings and gloves with trifectas, which would net me > 100k dps.
So I was set to do that and was in the process of bidding on some nice move speed ice climbers which was a slight bump dps wise with the zunni boots I'm using but gave me about 40k EHP (which I don't really need.) But then I was outbid.

In the meantime, I had seen several links here to some high end SNS wizards, and they seemed to heavily use either the nat's set for extra crit% or the zunni's for the two set bonus.

First, any thoughts on the nat's set? I currently have 55% CC, and getting a solid nat's would move me to about 60%. I've heard that 6-7 CC is like a bump in break points. Is that true? I currently am at the 3.01 break point using the enchantress solo. When in group play I use time warp to keep me over 3.01, so would getting 5 or 6% CC feel like the 3.33. Is that even worth it? I'd lose a decent amount of EHP to get there, so I'm not sure if it's worth it, but would like to hear some thoughts.

On the zuni's - I'm wondering if the 100 int bonus is worth acquiring a killer pox for. I'd also probably need to upgrade my boots to one with resist all, as the ice climbers had them. Really good ice climbers get you about 300+ int (with the socket), while the best Zuni's can do is 200. So the big difference is the 8% poison damage, and since we do not use black weapons, I'm wondering if that's worth trying to get a trifecta pox for.

So long story short, it SEEMS like the best upgrade path for me is ice climbers with rare trifecta rings and gloves, but I don't see any top wizards using it, so I'd rather not dump a bunch of gold on ice climbers, to just replace with zuni's or nat's later.

I do suppose having a killer's nat's ring would help my monk and demon hunter as well, though, so there is that.

Thanks a bunch for any tips!
Edited by GunnersDream#1109 on 4/12/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I say you buy my tri 6cc pox (not the one on my profile), take an advantage of bonus from the zuni set, and get a nice trifecta glove.

Nice mempo btw.
Reply Quote
GFG mempo with a troll zuni boot. you can do better man...get a nat set or zuni set
Reply Quote
View profile
04/12/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Void
GFG mempo with a troll zuni boot. you can do better man...get a nat set or zuni set

I must be out of the loop because I didn't really understand that sentence. Are you saying my mempo is awesome but my zuni boot is trash? And ya, I know. :(

I was bidding on some nice ice climbers and it fell through so that was my only solid boot with move speed. I can't do 12%!
Reply Quote
View profile
I say you buy my tri 6cc pox (not the one on my profile), take an advantage of bonus from the zuni set, and get a nice trifecta glove.

Nice mempo btw.

So you don't think the nat's + 7% CC is worth the loss to resist, etc? Is it because I'm already at 3.01?

What's the pox look like?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]