Diablo® III

Latency Issues

I've been playing for some time now, and had not much trouble with latency.

Since the last few days however my latency is jumping around like a yo-yo, 195-220 average with spikes of 880-950.

Can't level my Hardcore under such circumstances. Any Ideas what costs this? And can something be done about it?
Reply Quote
I'm having a similar problem. Ever since the downtime last night, my latency is unbearable. I have not changed any settings or made any changes to my computer what-so-ever. I can barely manage to pull up the auction house.
Reply Quote
I m having spike lag. Where u guys from? I m from Jakarta
Reply Quote
Australia here. Used to some Latency Issues, but not as severe as now.

Run my Hardcore a few hours ago, and my Follower stopped following so I thought 'retreat'. walked towards the entrance of the map and there was no entrance, just mesh. I hit port and luckily made it out before something hit me.

That's not acceptable in my books.
Reply Quote
Latency issues are back again. It's a stable 541ms (yellow) for me. rofl.

I should be getting 200-240ms (green) on average.
Reply Quote
Mine is averaging in between 750ish to 1300. Game is basically unplayable.
Reply Quote
1300 ping constantly for me, cant do anything. (US east)
Edited by Gunpocket#1341 on 4/15/2013 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am having a latency between 450 and 1400 ms. Most of the time unplayable. I am in Brazil.
Reply Quote
Im also using wireless, it might be a wireless issue? Anyone else having this problem using wireless?
Reply Quote
This is very very bad!!!!! My latency jumps between 1222 and 2890!!!! Whats going on????? Im in South Africa
Reply Quote
Good to know I'm not the only one. It is weird though cause my latency looks fine until I leave town(in any act), but once I do it becomes unplayable.
Reply Quote
I'm in the same boat as everyone here. I live in the US on the East Coast. Never had latency issues until just about a week ago. OP is spot on with the term yo-yo! I go from 99 up to anywhere between 300-1600 then back down to 99. This has the potential of happening 3-4 times every minute. Sometimes I go without lag for 5-10 minutes.

I had a tech come out to test my signals and everything was good here. I ran tracert and pathping but didn't see anything that crazy. It seemed some at&t servers took longer to respond than others but that was maybe 80ms to 100ms compared to 20-30 for other stops along the route.

If it isn't blizz or our ISP's could it be servers that we bounce to and from causing the issue? Just really odd that this just started happening in the past week.

The only other thing I can think of is a full re-install of windows and the game to see if the latency is still there.
Reply Quote
while you are lagging do a tracert and pathping. then post them here.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-pathping-test
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute
Reply Quote
same here guys.. hope they fix this issue asap, can't play even solo game, sucks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]