Diablo® III

"What did you do to your monk today?" part 2

Last night, I hit paragon 71, so apparently... it's one more to the halfway point to 100? Not that it's my goal or anything.

Also had some interesting runs -- picked up a total of about 6 or 7 legendaries in a 2 hour span of playing. This almost never happens to me. Too bad they all sucked.
Damn, self-geared is hard! I always figured I should be able to get by with whatever I find until I get to Inferno, but I'm beginning to realize I'll have to stop and farm each Act on my way, if I ever want to get there.

The initial plan seemed to be working until I got to Act 3/ NM - pretty much a leisurely MP 4-5 stroll all around, then things started getting uglier. Finished Act 3 on MP 4 with couple of deaths and quite a number of close calls. Dropped down to MP 3 for Act 4, amid the Silver Spire I figured I won't be able to finish like this and went down to MP 2. Then I came across a champion pack of Mallet Lords, with a bunch of Sucubi and Morlu Incinerators on the side, at which point I said "F*** this!", abandoned all semblance of dignity and completed NM on MP 0.

Now I'm in the Weeping Hollows on Hell and getting slaughtered on MP 3, once again. I guess I'll have to swallow my pride, go down to MP 0-1 and start farming my way through the rest of Act 1, repeating each area over and over again. Looks like I'll hang in Hell for a good while.
hit P77 thanks to anniversary buff and actually learning how to use my build effectively :-)
liking the tal's, just need to be careful 'cause I'm running glassier than I usually like...
@Vexelite: Sick sick chest man
Just dinged paragon 50 in a public game. New portrait FTW!

My HC Monk now has a better portrait than my SC Monk. I'm much more attached to her than I ever was to my SC Monk. This is not a good thing.
just hit 52 and blew through all my $$ upping gems
I played some of my newbie self-found monk. Do you have any idea how tempting the thought of equipping my legacy EF in 3 more levels is?

I also remembered how silly emeralds are in weapons when crit chance is low. My barb friend won't be getting any more rubies from me for a while! Haha!
Edited by Treleth#1141 on 5/15/2013 11:42 PM PDT
I just hit paragon 72. Is this the unofficial halfway point to paragon 100?
05/16/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Nameless
I just hit paragon 72. Is this the unofficial halfway point to paragon 100?

Your math is off. I just hit 50 last night. I may have to check my math, but I'm fairly sure that's the half way point. By my calculations, I'd estimate that you're about 72% of the way to paragon 100.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 5/16/2013 7:56 AM PDT
Tried MP5 with a buddy and was getting my butt kicked because not enough DPS. Friend of a friend decided to give me some free upgrades so now my DPS is 80k and we ran MP7. Got 2 paragon levels and had a lot of fun.
I finally crafted trifecta gloves today! With AR to boot! And my SR stat when I use OWE!

Even though all of the actual rolls on those stats are pretty average outside of a good crit chance roll, that's still absurdly lucky to get 5/5 on useful stats. I usually get 2/5, maybe 3/5, with the other suffixes being health globe bonus or gold find.

Anyway, hooray!

Now, what to work on upgrading via crafting next....
Your math is off. I just hit 50 last night. I may have to check my math, but I'm fairly sure that's the half way point. By my calculations, I'd estimate that you're about 72% of the way to paragon 100.

Har har har. :) But seriously, I read somewhere that EXP wise, 72 is the halfway point to 100. Am I off?

I finally crafted trifecta gloves today! With AR to boot! And my SR stat when I use OWE!

Link please. And why don't you post from your actual account?
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 5/16/2013 10:17 AM PDT
05/16/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Nameless
Link please. And why don't you post from your actual account?

Uhhhh ... they're on my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Megan-1498/hero/32842948

Since they're on this account, I posted from this account.
Uhhhh ... they're on my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Megan-1498/hero/32842948

Since they're on this account, I posted from this account.

Duh. My bad. I'm blind.
Crafted more ammies, no go! Trying to get that trifecta is so tough.

Leveled my monk to 92 from just doing uber runs lol. Gotta love blizzard's anniversary XP buff. Although I'm trying to slow down because I dunno what I'd do once I hit 100 hah.

Finally found an upgrade to my weapon, I am super happy that I finally found it in AH. Now to find a new ring and good crafts!
Last night after finally selling my old Lacunis, nats combo and EF, I finally broke 500k EHP and 150k DPS with my new Ice Climbers, Unity and Amulet and was able to do a couple key runs without much trouble on MP10! :D I also now have 2 WKLs! One with CD +socket for rolling lower MP with friends and one with LS + socket for MP10!

http://d3up.com/b/188836
View profile
Last night I saw a helmet I wanted to bid on.
I searched for
Dex: 160
Vit: 160
ChC: 6
Arcane Resist: 50

So I found ONE ending in 12 hours.
Woke up this morning 4 hours early. Went into work 2 hours late. Waited and kept checking on it for 3 1/2 hours. I got an email from work asking about some files I needed to commit.
I got flustered, especially when I was looked at the time and I was still home. (part of the reason I was home anyway was I couldn't find my pants!)
I ran off to work.
By the time I go to work the auction ended and I totally forgot to put a bid in before I left.
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 5/16/2013 12:37 PM PDT
I got a paragon level and went window shopping for a ~4.5cc mempo in my price range. Turns out none exist under 1.2b so now I'm going to continue farming and pray to the RNG gods I get something worth ~300m or so since the one I want is 1.5b currently.
View profile
Logged on for 15 last night and ran Forest and Field...netted 3 brims 3 bars and a whole lot of fantastic slayin fun. Not bad for 15 min...now only to stretch this out a bit more =)

Cheers,
CC-
I bought myself a new amulet

8.5 CC
57 CD
79 AR
87 Dex
45 Str

Paid a little over 3M for it, was a fun little upgrade since I still haven't been able to craft a good one for myself.

http://d3up.com/b/562519/
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]