Diablo® III

"What did you do to your monk today?" part 2

Yo QHTran, just wanna say hi to fellow Viet Monk :)
craft 60 bracers, 50 shoulder, 2 gloves, -> no upgrade
I put my dual wielding weapons in the stash and spent 20M build myself a 2hander monk >:) i'm kinda surprised of its performance. Guess i'm not use to see those big damage number pop-up on the screen >;)
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 4/16/2013 8:53 PM PDT
04/16/2013 03:34 PMPosted by rezide
Yo QHTran, just wanna say hi to fellow Viet Monk :)

hi rezide = )

no EF for me today .. was outbid ... grr again ... I was so sure that I would win though ... max bid and there was no outbid msg before the server went down ... hmm wonder if they froze the AH?
After seeing a tempest rush build in action, I took my lowly monk out of retirment. Completely regeared and reset skills. Then tore up act 3 for a while. Felt good to run around the map like a madman.
Finally got over 200k dps. YAY \o/
Congrats!
I began crafting amulets and on my 28th try (out of a planned 30 tries), I rolled a trifecta ammy (as shown in profile) and gave me a 18K DPS increase over my old one.

I then entered myself into the draw to do viewer runs on MP10 CotA runs on Druin's stream and I got chosen! It was fun - got 2 or 3 legendaries on the run (all crap) and didn't die once. All around a good night.

Woot woot!
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 4/17/2013 12:37 PM PDT
View profile
Ran with Fitz and tested out Nirvana with Ruby MH Emerald OH and 3.18 AS. Dropped 14 Bells before running out of spirit...sick!

Still farming my DE's and hope to start crafting my ammy before summer lol.

Cheers,
CC-
Ran with Fitz and tested out Nirvana with Ruby MH Emerald OH and 3.18 AS. Dropped 14 Bells before running out of spirit...sick!

That is SICK! I definitely need to pick this back up again (Nirvana). Last time I really used it was pre-1.0.7 patch.
3.18 AS. Dropped 14 Bells before running out of spirit...sick!

wait .. what? 14 bells? imposimable! O_O!! lol I have never heard of that numbers before sorry =P

so continous in 5 sec (8) + 6 more after nirvana ... I see that you're using empowering wave ... at 3.18 AS ... hmm seems about right .. but dang you double my numbers lol
04/17/2013 11:19 AMPosted by QHTran
so continous in 5 sec (8) + 6 more after nirvana ... I see that you're using empowering wave ... at 3.18 AS ... hmm seems about right .. but dang you double my numbers lol

Actually, it's probably more like 3.18 * 0.75 * 5s = 11.775 during Nirvana, and then 3 bells (at 75 sp each) after nirvana is over if it's timed right. I'm guessing CC used a full-spirit rune and not the cheapo EW rune. :)
heard nameless crafted a tri so I rolled 60 ammys best one a 12k dps downgrade on my tr monk :(

also got picked for druins cota runs died everywhere noob

death 1 lagged on plague and molton
death 2 lazers as I run downstairs because I wanted in fight
death 3 not sure maybe lag maybe noob or 29k hp???
death 4 emptying inventory and died to trash lol

cant remember any others

joy of living in Australia lag all day long :)
As same as normal, MP6-MP7 run for target of Paragon 100. May try craft gloves and bracers.
Finally i did it. I have read so many posts about miss-typed a zero in AH trying sell their items. Well, today i done it i sold a witching hour for 8M instead of 80M >:'( which just about to cover my marquee gem to unsocket muwahahaha....
just wanna report in another 60 ammys down :( oh blizzard when will I get my tri with vit/res

edit make that 70 ammys :(
Edited by baggins#6187 on 4/18/2013 9:06 AM PDT
View profile
I made him, while sitting in the menu screen, watch while I played Hulk for a couple hours in Marvel Heroes. Finally got my key a couple days ago :D

Don't usually go with the brute force types first, but man he's fun :3

Can't wait to try other heroes later when servers come back up ^^
I got a nice deal on an Echoing Fury (at least I think it was a nice deal) 175m for the one I am currently using.. also got an attack speed unity... just need a mempo and I think I'll be happy (yeah right)
I played with a new build last night and only thing I need to change out is Sweeping Wind to Inner Storm for more spirit.

I switched from my 1133 dps 88 CD 188 Vit OS (was using Marquise Ruby) fist weapon and put in my Sever as my MH. My sustainability went up a ton. It was unreal how much it made a difference went from MP8 to MP10. I switched out Blinding Flash for EP and Guiding Light Passive for Pacifism.

How it works, I fire off Overawe, then Sweeping Wind, then spam Crippling Wave. I EP as many as I can while using Cyclone Strike to group them close for more damage. I use Hand of Ytar for burst damage. Basically spamming EP and Cyclone Strike. I was doing MP10 CoTA runs in around 1-1.5 minutes. Only dieing 1 time every 3 runs.

The Sever helps with huge LS numbers because of the Rest in Pieces.
Crafted some bracers. Got somewhat lucky and pulled off a decent one, which gave me about 4K DPS and 2.5K HP, plus some AR and Armor.

On the down side - I lost my PUR, still coping to learn how to live without it. On the up side of things - the HP gain allowed me to equip those extra-Dex Inna pants I found couple of days ago. Not too bad, overall, but I feel I'm going to hit a roadblock before I get to 170K unbuffed DPS.

Upgraded my 2nd weapon Emerald to Marquise.

Found my first ever Mempo. 9% AS, 12% Life, almost perfect Dex roll, but sadly - no CC. Oh well - maybe next time. In another 11 months or so...

Found 3 Legendaries in a single CotA run. One of them was an Uhkapian Serpent with average damage of 80-86 and double Dex roll of nearly 300. Ultimate fail.

Curious event of the day: Pulled a Legendary out of the Jar of Souls. Not the skeletons spawning during the event, the actual Jar. I always thought the old pot was only good for the odd gem or DE.
Edited by Laurelynd#1459 on 4/18/2013 6:17 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]