Diablo® III

"What did you do to your monk today?" part 2

...and yes I am still a Happy Shenlong Using Monk =)

Hey CC, FYI shenlong is a chinese word means "holy dragon" i accidentally found out recently thought you might like to know >:) Cheers!
I spent 7 million gold to craft a decent glove, and only got an upgrade of +736 damage

=)

=(
new nats boots (90 AR in one slot, yummy), dragged out my AR nats ring, sitting about 500AR... no deaths (without backlash!!) and clearing MP10 scorps like a mad fool :-) V happy with my monk ATM :-)
got 26m from sale last nite, spent 12m on crafting ammies and still looking for that trifecta one.Had to head to work will try again tonite.

One happy note, my wife got a Lacuni to drop and sold for 510m within minutes. Idk if we even price it right lol but it sold so quick.
The stats were

73AR
9 ias
6 CCh
254 armor

Anyway, she was happy and i'm still dirt poor lol.
Had the Witching Hour on my Monk drop. Decided to keep it for the AR and replace my previous WH despite losing 1.5k DPS and 2k HP. This made me go buy new Vit Inna's pants to replace my AR ones. The new Vit Inna's made up for some of the DPS loss, but gave me a 6k HP boost!

I'm back up above 50k HP again! woot woot!

In the end, I ended up with more AR, more armor, more HP and only lost ~1k DPS. I'm happy with that, especially since it equated to an EHP boost of about 50k as well.
Edited by Balthazar23#1929 on 5/3/2013 8:43 AM PDT
@rezide

The cheapest buyout for lacunis with 6CC/70AR/9AS on the AH is 1.8b right now, Probably overpriced, but your were probably priced too low.

I bought a new MH axe today. Only a 500ish DPS upgrade, but almost 10% harder hitting bells, which is awesome ! The 1500 LoK is good to have too.
@rezide

The cheapest buyout for lacunis with 6CC/70AR/9AS on the AH is 1.8b right now, Probably overpriced, but your were probably priced too low.

I bought a new MH axe today. Only a 500ish DPS upgrade, but almost 10% harder hitting bells, which is awesome ! The 1500 LoK is good to have too.

Ty mTeasdale, yeah i thought so too but it was our first big jackpot item ever lol, i checked AH before we put it up and they were around 500 - 800m. I guess some1 prolly trying to flip there.

Hey we have pretty similar build & gear :).
I like chah-chah-chah-boom-boom
(Fot-Fot-Fot-Bell-Bell)

what's your rotation like?
@rezide

Ty mTeasdale, yeah i thought so too but it was our first big jackpot item ever lol, i checked AH before we put it up and they were around 500 - 800m. I guess some1 prolly trying to flip there.

Hey we have pretty similar build & gear :).
I like chah-chah-chah-boom-boom
(Fot-Fot-Fot-Bell-Bell)

what's your rotation like?

I'm not sure to understand the word "rotation" in that context, english is not my first language. You mean which MP/are I run the most ? Or the way I run the build ?

Anyway, try switching Blazing Wrath for FiTL, its way more effective. Just Dash to white mobs, fill your spirit, dash back to the elite, pop FiTL and Overawe, throw 4 bells and start again.

I'm kinda on the fence about my build right now, I can't decide if I prefer this one or Nirvana. Nirvana is more effective, but that one let me use STI and OWE so I can even survive a Fallen Maniac explosion in MP10.
05/03/2013 09:16 AMPosted by mTeasdale
Anyway, try switching Blazing Wrath for FiTL, its way more effective. Just Dash to white mobs, fill your spirit, dash back to the elite, pop FiTL and Overawe, throw 4 bells and start again

That's what i meant for rotation. English is not my 1st language neither lol sorry to confuse you.I tried FiTL before but didnt like it, i like BoH for a little extra heal.
I'll let this screenshot speak about today's major achievement:

http://imgur.com/xQIRRdk

Alright, I did it. Now what?!
Today (last night, technically) I had 1.2 bil gold burning a hole in my pocket, so I picked up two new weapons and a new amulet. In the process I gained 23.6k DPS and 25.5k EHP. : )
nothing special today, just a minor upgrade to my inna's helm and gain about ~25vit + 50AR and ~30k EHP. Dps dropped ~500 or so .. gonna focus to reach p100.
View profile
OK so I crafted 300 BoA amulets and did not get one close to what I wanted. Mind you I got an IAS trifecta and a few AD trifectas but nothing better than what I currently had. What happens when you craft nothing....you revenge buy haha.

Found my LOH/IAS ammy on the AH. Not perfect by any means but fills my goal as I farm a new batch of DEs for another round of attempts.

I am happy for now and I think besides getting better rolled items IronMonkey Shenlong Style is complete. 200k+ DPS, ~3000 LOH, 500+ AR, ~5000 Armor, 50K+ Life

When itemization hits I'll hunt for some new weapons. Thanks to QBall, Scrapz, Tarzan and many other Monky's who let me borrow their hard earned weapons to try out.

Cheers,
Captain "The Happy Shenlong Using Monk" Carl-
I finally got around to crafting some marquise emeralds for my weapons. They provided 6k DPS increase.

Props to CaptainCarl for using Pandemonium! I was beginning to thnk I was the only person out there using it. : )
hit 300k
well a whole day off nothing good drop, nothing good crafted .. about to go to sleep .. check AH .. snatch my MH for 102k lol .. go figure! I know it's not all that but for 102k i'll take it lol.
View profile
Decided to put the game on EZ mode. DW LS breaking 200k+ DPS now to increase DPS one craft at a time :)

Cheers,
CC-
^ CC your shenlong set looks great >:)

Now I'm @ PLevel 99 one more to go >;)
craft 300 int ammys am at 1700 now with the only tri that's is on my wd 5cc 5ias not a happy monk
View profile
Thanks Boneyard! Pre-emptive congrats on reaching p100....hope to do that before 2014...hopefully haha.

Baggins I crafted about 600 amulets myself and threw in the towel for now. Your patience is stronger than mine.

Cheers,
CC-
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]