Diablo® III

Ask the Devs Itemization Part 3

View profile
I personally don't feel that the Ask the Devs are a good use of the Diablo 3's time, even though I understand it was an effort in order to be more transparent to the community in the development of the Diablo 3, but the last few Ask the Devs have been very disappointing.

I understand that due to the nature of the development of this game that it's really hard to answer in anything concise about the development of Diablo 3, but I'm wondering if it's better in the end just to remain quiet until more concise information is available.

Community asks for more transparency. get this disappoint "Ask the Devs"

Community gets the "Ask the Devs", then someone complains that "whats the point?"

Lose-Lose Scenario, I get it.

How does the rest of the community feels about this topic and your reasoning behind it? Ask the Dev Good/Bad?

Side Note:

It's been close to a month since the first Answers to Ask the Devs Itemization came out. (03/20/13), close to 9 days since the Part 2 came out, and Part 3 is nowhere to be seen in the excitement of the 1.0.8 PTR.
Reply Quote
I don't agree that they are a waste of time, but I am wondering when Part 3 will come out
Reply Quote
The first ask the devs episode was indeed a waste of time, but I think they are getting slightly better.
Reply Quote
so a comunity manager asking the devs questions and then writieng them down is a huge waist of time? prob takes 30 min tops per part, them not doing ask the devs its not going to make a patch come out any faster

for all we know they could be asked on their coffee breaks, or at lunch or something. or just before or after a meeting

*small edit for extra example*

think of it like asking a collage / uni teacher (or high school) you generally wait till class is over and ask them 1 on 1 about something you didnt fully understand, this way they can explain further. it dosent take long to explain in further detail and is done outside of the teachers work frame (usually)
Edited by Madrox#1565 on 4/22/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah i dont like these series as well....

I would love to see a ""suggest to developers" thread instead.

This team ( nothing personal ) proved that werent able to deliver ... I dont know what .. Too many bad decisions like Jay Wilson saying over and over ...

Then patches are very slow , changes are not deep enough ... NO PVP - LADDER - MP EVENTS and many other must have ..not a single word for that...

I see new itemization like a SOFT RESET and nothing more ..

Oh well , a big mess if you ask me... The fact though remains .. After so many ""successful"" and "in the right direction" patches ... people keep quiting... Something is wrong and i really thing only community can really fix this ... So ..not more ASK ...lets SUGGEST...
Reply Quote
Yeah i dont like these series as well....

I would love to see a ""suggest to developers" thread instead.

This team ( nothing personal ) proved that wasnt able to deliver. Sever years , talented blizzard people ( not all it seems ) , alot of $$ to spend for development. After 7 years a big mess introduced. They know something is wrong but still , they dont know what to do .. i get this feeling that they dont got any vision about D3.
... I dont know what to think anymore.

Too many bad decisions like Jay Wilson saying over and over.

Then patches are very slow , changes are not deep enough ... NO PVP - LADDER - MP EVENTS and many other must have ..not a single word for that...

I see new itemization like a SOFT RESET and nothing more ..

Oh well , a big mess if you ask me... The fact though remains .. After so many ""successful"" and "in the right direction" patches ... people keep quiting... Something is wrong and i really think only community can really fix this ... So ..not more ASK ...lets SUGGEST.
Edited by Azatis#2345 on 4/22/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]