Diablo® III

If there is something you hate about the game

View profile
And it's causing you to play a lot less or not at all, share what it is as well as something you believe could be done (within reason) to make your gaming experience better.

Try to stay constructive and I'll also be sharing my thoughts on ways the game could be made better based on things people don't like as well. I've personally been playing since Diablo 1 and have my own disappointments with Diablo 3, but I'm still believing it can be the game the title represents.

At best I hope this thread can become something to be considered if people are constructive with it and friendly within it's posts.

And for those of you who gave up hope, ask yourself this; What if you could be excited about a new patch, like you were the day before D3's release? What if they added just the right things and changes to the game that it really brought back those old memories once more but in a new and improved experience?

That's what I hope to accomplish by posting this thread. Again, please share with us whatever it is that is causing you to stray away from the game, and something you feel that can be done to help you feel more excited and motivated to log in and to improve the game and it's quality.

All constructive and friendly feedback is welcome!
Reply Quote
the thing that bugs me the most at the moment is that I've played for 2100 hours, got 120,000 elite kills, with at least 1/3 of that time in mp 10 but still haven't gotten 1 really good legendary:( I keep trying though. I wonder at times if the drops are not random at all but are dropped in such a way as to force you to go buy gear and after you spend so enough real money (bliz only knows how much) then you get your 1 good drop and the process starts all over again. Anyway we'll never know and bliz would never tell for fear of being sued for scamming people for their money. I hope they don't read these things, I still like to play and I don't want no trouble from bliz. I been a customer for over 6 years.
Reply Quote
And it's causing you to play a lot less or not at all, share what it is as well as something you believe could be done (within reason) to make your gaming experience better.

There are two big ones for me, and I'll break them down.

1) Itemization

Currently, the itemization in this game is just boring, if I was a designer here's what I'd do:

Property Range Adjustment

Currently the ranges are far too wide. If an ilvl 63 item drops, it shouldn't have the possibility of rolling an amount of strength that you see on an ilvl 20 item. It just doesn't make sense in the context of Diablo 3 where survival and damage output are so important.

If an ilvl 63 rare can roll from 0-300 strength, I tighten that to something like 200-300 strength. That way if you get a strength roll, you know it's adequate, but you are still striving to get closer and closer to perfect.

More Properties for Rares and Magic items
There just aren't enough interesting properties on rare and magic items.

I would increase the pool to include more skill specific properties, school of damage specific properties such as fire, poison etc.

A chance to proc certain effects such as frost nova, electric shocks, maybe pools of molten, chance to proc shields of invulnerability for 5 seconds.

There's so many cool things they can add beyond trifecta stats.

Stat Overhaul:

I feel like primary stats are a bad thing for the game. I'd change every single stat so they have an offensive and defensive component that each class can benefit from. This simple change alone would greatly increase the amount of good drops you find.

Making Legendaries Legendary

First of all, I would completely do away with random properties on Legendary items, which just make Legendaries feel like harder to find rare items.

Legendaries should have their property categories set in stone, except with ranges on to keep the hunt for perfect ones in effect.

There should also be properties that only show up on legendaries. Most legendaries should have a theme to make them feel unique.

In Diablo 2, there were individual legendaries you could build an entire character around, I want to see that return.

I think there should also be a way to add skills to your character by gear, and another panel on the skill selection screen that shows skills added to your character by gear. It would be pretty cool if there was a bow with Frenzy on it that you could use on your Demon Hunter, or a chest piece with summon zombie dogs that any class could use.

2) The Economy

The economy is in complete shambles. It's only going to get worse and worse. Items are either completely inflated or worth nothing.

I've thought about this a lot, and as long as you're free to trade items as much as you want in this game, there pretty much needs to be ladder resets or the game will always be very stale.

I currently play self-found gear only and it's way more fun than using the auction house.
Reply Quote
Playing Act 3 over and over again because it's effecient and you need that if you don't have epic time to spend on the game.

Drops having bad rolls 99% of the time.

Lots of cool but useless skills that need re-working.

There is no PvP yet, as i'm only enjoying Brawling at the moment... the rest of the game is a hassle.
Reply Quote
it bothers me that so much threat from elites comes from factors outside of the player's control.

in D2, packs had affixes like "stone skin". this made them dangerous because it took far longer to kill them, and they were especially deadly to glass cannons.

"cold enchanted" added a slow if they hit you (unless you had cannot be frozen) but only if they hit you.

Aura enchanted made mobs stronger/you weaker.

none of these however, hit you with something unavoidable like "jailer" or something lethal and annoying like "arcane enchanted".

the mobs should be dangerous on their own, and the affixes should make you require a different approach to deal with them, rather than "oh boy, I get to play dodge the laser again while shooting these guys and praying they don't freeze me in the lethal laser"
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 07:21 PMPosted by EonReD
There just aren't enough interesting properties on rare and magic items.

That is my #1 issue with the game. It is seriously lacking.

I am fine with things like the drop rate of things. It can be brutal. But that statement I quoted I believe is the core of all the issues with this game. Drop rate, economy, lack of builds . . . etc.
Reply Quote
1) No offline mode. Screw DRM and achievements, lag and "server maintenance" are annoying.
2) Designed entirely around the premise of integrated auction houses. This has the unfortunate side effect of borking drop-rates and rolls. I want Diablo 3, not AH 3. Farming gold to buy loot is not nearly as compelling as farming loot!
3) No ladders.
Reply Quote
The AH is my only hope of acquiring mp10 capable items. I want to be able to play for my progress. Instead, I have no choice but to play the AH (a game I don't find to be fun) in order to make progress in the part of the game that I like.

This would be completely fixed by having end-game quality items drop more often. I hope the itemization fix will improve this situation, but given their recent posts on the topic, I'm worried they are going to make things worse rather than better.

I'm also frustrated by the lack of progress in general in-game. There is basically nothing I can do to control my destiny. Everything I gain is more chance. I can craft more, but it's up to luck what I get there. I can grind paragon, but all I get is more chance for random legendaries. We need something to grind that can guarantee progress (e.g. socket quest, other kinds of gear improvement quests).

Bottom line: I'd like it to be the case that spending time in-game is more likely to improve my situation than grinding the AH. And that is currently not just not true, but the gap is enormous. And the part that hurts is that I know it would be pretty easy to fix.
Reply Quote
View profile
The AH is my only hope of acquiring mp10 capable items. I want to be able to play for my progress. Instead, I have no choice but to play the AH (a game I don't find to be fun) in order to make progress in the part of the game that I like.

This would be completely fixed by having end-game quality items drop more often. I hope the itemization fix will improve this situation, but given their recent posts on the topic, I'm worried they are going to make things worse rather than better.

I'm also frustrated by the lack of progress in general in-game. There is basically nothing I can do to control my destiny. Everything I gain is more chance. I can craft more, but it's up to luck what I get there. I can grind paragon, but all I get is more chance for random legendaries. We need something to grind that can guarantee progress (e.g. socket quest, other kinds of gear improvement quests).

Bottom line: I'd like it to be the case that spending time in-game is more likely to improve my situation than grinding the AH. And that is currently not just not true, but the gap is enormous. And the part that hurts is that I know it would be pretty easy to fix.

I actually would probably have bought a ton of gear on the RMAH if I wasn't dead broke IRL right now, and it's because of this basically...
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 06:23 PMPosted by GimmeFreePlz

The game just isn't fun. Everytime I do a run I don't feel its exciting. I feel its a chore.
Whenever a legendary item or set item drops, it feels like a rare item which can be astoundingly good or astronomically bad.
After a while I stopped looking forward to drops. I guess that was when D3 died for me.

I'm not sure how to fix this. It may be alot more than just the Itemization. God knows.

Ppl who have said that my tastes have matured and no longer find grinding games fun are wrong.
I've been playing TL2 after I stopped D3 and its really fun. I look forward to finding my unique items during every run.
So I don't think I have changed. I think D3 has changed, and I don't really find it fun anymore.
Reply Quote
I want skill points back. I want semi-permanent builds. This can be introduced with skill points of some fashion. Blizzard knows how to do this. A craft recipe, ongoing quest reward, or gold cost, or all could allow a respec as well.
Reply Quote
I have seen in the forums many complaints like these. Itemization, AH, RMAH, lack of challenge, armor upgrading and so on. Some are just complaints and some have suggestions for fixes. I have a few suggestions of my own.

Auction House: Everyone has noticed that through the months gold has sold for less and less real dollars. The minimum for selling gold is 0.25$ real dollars, but the actual value is much less. A person can now buy 1 highest emerald for $1.40 real dollars and can translate into about 22mil in the game. That makes the value of gold roughly $0.06 but the min you can list is $0.25. Judging by this one indicator, gold has inflated by a factor of 10 since September (Germany in the 1940's). One of two things can be done here. We can let the game keep generating gold at it's current rate and allow real money auctions go to a minimum of $0.05 per million gold. Of course, with the current rate it would need to be $0.01 per million by mid summer. Another solutions is to make gold more valuable. This can be done by increasing it's rarity. The game makes it and it can make it at any rate it wants. I would suggest a 10% drop in any base gold drop value for any event, monster kill or other. Then, I would change the magic/gold find for Neph Valor to 5% per stack instead of 15%. Next, I might change the magic/gold find for paragon levels go from 3% to 2%. That would give the max gold/magic find goes from 300% to 200% with 25% extra on the neph valor stack. The MP is an option for experience and gold/magic find. I would also scale back the gold/magic find benefit, but not the experience. The game will absorb some of this gold back in the form of crafting, repair bills and so on. I would also cut the legendary/rare drop rate in half (these are also money generators). I will connect this to my next point.

Itemization: I guess this means making items better by bringing some of the randomness down in the affixes assigned to the items. With a smaller drop rate, these items better be better. However, the problem is, who's opinion of "better" do you use? It seems like everyone is talking about it, but many have their own ideas of what better is. I think a good start (like the people in the forums are saying) is to narrow the range of the affixes to a higher range. "The roll" of the affix should probably be connected to the decrease in the drop rate. So, in other words, if an item can roll 50-300 for a particular stat, if you cut the drop rate by 50% you might scale the range to be 225-325.(I know that is not exactly linear). The determination of what Item will be dropped is somewhat random (however it seems like some will drop more than others). Blizzard knows how to do a weighted odd drop (some things drop more frequently than others), could not that weighted odd be specific to the class the player is currently playing? In other words, if a person is playing a DH wouldn't it be better if the drop was more useable to a DH. Like say, 50% DH usable and %50 other class usable (that is 12.5% chance for each of the other classes). The player is less likely to "Brimstone" it or take it immediately to AH. I might also balance that with a higher weighting of all class usable (any class can wear shoulders)

Now, this may not sound "pretty", but think of the alternative. Status Quoe. People making the game a job, spammers selling $0.06 worth of gold for $0.10, Legondaries and rares that are liquidated as soon as they are obtained, and most importantly, many players not having fun. We (the players) need to take the game back and start having fun. Don't you think?

Edit: I did want to say this above. With a lower drop rate, but higher stat and more useable gear dropping, a player may not "have to" resort to the AH for all their gear. The spammers and other types of profiteers go away if there is no money or less money to be made off of players.

Edit2: One more thing, doing this with the economy will also improve other markets like the gem and essence markets. Some people think that crafting sucks and some people craft dozens of items until they get the right one. If the drop rate goes down and people liquidate less, the demand for crafting materials may go up. I think gem drops are related to magic or gold find making them more rare as well. Since you can only get Brimstone from legondaries (rares 0.001% chance) the Brimstone market will also pick up. This should also make crafted items more coveted as well if you apply the same itemization logic from above (higher stats and more useable by the class crafting).
Edited by Dkenning#1249 on 4/18/2013 4:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Most hated : No Necromancer class in release
Fix : Expansion :)

Then there are diffrent smal things more content, more variation, item and char look, and diffrent builds maybe something like d2lod diffrent skill give other skills bonuses (but i guess skill trees are needed)

Oh and a Big one Getting it out/done faster. Patches,fixes /expasion
Reply Quote
The dye system, not that i can't dye legendaries, the fact that dyes barely change the effects.

Gear should have a primary and secondary color each of which can be dyed.
Reply Quote
Not enough public games in Hardcore mode :(
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 4/18/2013 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
RMAH and AH. Everything should be account bound and FOUND ON YOUR OWN. Just sayin.
Reply Quote
View profile
Most hated : No Necromancer class in release
Fix : Expansion :)

I have to say I'm very hopeful a future expansion will include such a class.

Or maybe a new kind of necromancer, like one that summons elementals instead of skeletons?
Reply Quote
There is one thing...... the damn "always-online" feature is what annoys me.... Honestly!
Reply Quote
Lack of end game content. I know this isn't an MMO this is an ARPG... but honestly the other arpgs I've played have dungeons and at the end of each dungeon they had a boss, I love that.

I know the game has Infernal Machines, but it isn't a dungeon with a randomized boss at the end, it's farming for keys and than fighting the same boss to get the same piece of loot to than craft to an RNG based ring hoping you get what you want. That isn't fun, it's tacky, boring and really annoying that they added it. This is just my opinion anyways. Hope they add something to improve the end game. c:
Reply Quote
Or maybe a new kind of necromancer, like one that summons elementals instead of skeletons?

hope not I want bone armored skeletons and bones skills and other lol :)

they could add shapeshift to this char maybe bat,wolf kinda dark theme could be cool add :)
Edited by UndeadKnight#2978 on 4/18/2013 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]