Diablo® III

Monk Tip #1

Thought rule #1 was double tap.
Reply Quote
guess the real rule #1 is not to get on the forum and act like u just discovered something you think everyone should follow, and say it like an @$$....... it gets u more response than saying you got to 250k dps!
Reply Quote
LOL i consider cookiecutter to be FoT Thunderclap, Serenity Ascension, Blind Faith, BoH BW, Overawe, Cyclone, OWE, Seize, Resolve.

So I'm at 6 out of 9....semi Cookie I guess. Just havent found a build that can handle mp10 better than this one
Reply Quote
cookie CUTTER, imo, is referring to the offensive skills. The main dmg dealer, being the thunderclap+ blazing wrath + FitL + overawe+ cyclone. The rest, the defensive, if up to how the monk is geared, and compensate for his set's weakness. you do have SSS on top of it, but most consider SSS more of a defensive skill than offensive.

But one thing i do want to note. That small knockback you were referring to, it happens on quickening as well.
Reply Quote
LOL i consider cookiecutter to be Serenity Ascension

You're doing it wrong.

04/20/2013 07:51 PMPosted by seansky
cookie CUTTER, imo, is referring to the offensive skills. The main dmg dealer, being the thunderclap+ blazing wrath + FitL + overawe+ cyclone. The rest, the defensive, if up to how the monk is geared, and compensate for his set's weakness

You're doing it right.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 07:54 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
You're doing it wrong.

*Omni looks at profile* face....palm.

What's that saying about black kettles and pots and calling?

Since you're using Hundred Fists and and I'm using WoL or SSS that makes me a cookie and not you? LOL

04/20/2013 07:51 PMPosted by seansky
cookie CUTTER, imo, is referring to the offensive skills.

Yes, in your opinion. In MY opinion a cookiecutter monk will ALWAYS use serenity. It's an active skill, defensive or not.
Reply Quote
What's that saying about black kettles and pots and calling?

Since you're using Hundred Fists and and I'm using WoL or SSS that makes me a cookie and not you? LOL

YOU'RE the one that mentioned Serenity, not me. I'm not sure why you're comparing other skills which are obviously NOT Serenity. WotHF, WoL, and SSS are irrelevant.

Yes, in your opinion. In MY opinion a cookiecutter monk will ALWAYS use serenity. It's an active skill, defensive or not.

Serenity IS a crutch, just like OWE. You shouldn't be proud of using it, you should feel embarrassed.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 4/21/2013 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes, remind me again how does serenity cuts anything?

Just coz im being humble and inderect when im teaching you something doesnt mean it really mean it is just my opinion.

If anyone else thinks you are not a cookie cutter, i would like to listen why. You explanation doesnt work coz serenity doesnt cut anything, and no one ever refer to serenity when they talk about cookie cutter.

we, as in got and me, obviously know we are not cookiecutter. Just saying you are. Not sure why u are so fervent in denying you are, but meh, im never good with dealing with obnoxious ppl who always think they are right.

All the power to you too.
Reply Quote
Monk Tip #2:

Uninstall.
Reply Quote
Serenity IS a crutch, just like OWE. You shouldn't be proud of using it, you should feel embarrassed.

Yeah...totally embarrassed about using the most popular passive in the game. You got me. LOL That's almost like me saying you should be embarrassed for using Seize. I don't use it, but you do, you should be embarrassed.

As long as I slay mp10 and am having a fun time, I don't care what my skills are.

YOU'RE the one that mentioned Serenity, not me. I'm not sure why you're comparing other skills which are obviously NOT Serenity. WotHF, WoL, and SSS are irrelevant.

You're the one claiming I'm a cookie and I was just telling you why I think you are wrong. But honestly, I don't even care if I am considered a cookiecutter LOL. I slay anything, anytime, anywhere, with anyone and have a great time doing it. Get yer game up a bit and you'll see what I mean, mmk pumpkin?

And btw...I do plan on getting rid of OWE in the near future but gearing other things is more of a priority.
Reply Quote
If anyone else thinks you are not a cookie cutter, i would like to listen why. You explanation doesnt work coz serenity doesnt cut anything, and no one ever refer to serenity when they talk about cookie cutter.

we, as in got and me, obviously know we are not cookiecutter. Just saying you are. Not sure why u are so fervent in denying you are, but meh, im never good with dealing with obnoxious ppl who always think they are right.

I don't even care if I am a cookiecutter. The point is I kill very effectively with this build and mods of it. Therefore, that gives me the most enjoyment. The funny thing is, I have 4 or 5 other builds, one for each MP from 6-10. Cyclone Crippling Build, 2 TR builds, Ex Palm build, etc etc.

This is just what I need for mp9 n 10 so that's what I use.

Not sure why were are even talking about it because the OP was just to help people new to Monk. Since you are Para100, why the hell are you here? lol
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Omniscient
Yeah...totally embarrassed about using the most popular passive in the game.

Before you start spouting INCORRECT information, you may want to do some research. Seize the Initiative is actually used MORE than OWE.

That's almost like me saying you should be embarrassed for using Seize. I don't use it, but you do, you should be embarrassed.

Except the difference is STI doesn't force you to use specific items to satisfy its requirements like OWE does. STI IS more efficient, despite providing less visually identifiable benefits.
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 4/21/2013 9:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No. No, Gaps, just no...

This was a cute thread... what the hell happened?

You will NOT turn this thread into a OWE debate, you hear me?

We will be talking about cookies henceforth. I submit that there is no better cookie than a properly made chocolate-chip banana bar. Kinda like a blondie, made with bananas, ideally eaten still warm, but still an excellent cookie for 2 days after being made. No matter how large the batch, I cannot ever remember seeing one more than two days after they are made, so I have no idea how long they hold up.
Reply Quote
Feel free to explain to OP that he's wrong then in your own way, since apparently my way isn't good enough for you.
Reply Quote
All of your silly arguing is ignoring the much bigger issue, which is that your primary attack should never be on your left mouse button. Ew.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 12:04 PMPosted by adecesar
All of your silly arguing is ignoring the much bigger issue, which is that your primary attack should never be on your left mouse button. Ew.

+77777777777777777 cooOOOooKKKkiiiiEEEEsssS
Reply Quote
Before you start spouting INCORRECT information, you may want to do some research. Seize the Initiative is actually used MORE than OWE.

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/monk#passive-skills

OOPS

You had little cred....now you have no cred.....OOOOOOOOPS

The only thing I will say about your 2nd comment is it depends on how much Dex you have so your analysis is based on an assumption.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 11:47 AMPosted by gotaplanstan
Feel free to explain to OP that he's wrong then in your own way, since apparently my way isn't good enough for you.

Oh yeah and wrong about what? What are we talking about here? The OP is a simple suggestion that you should attack the middle monster if using Thunderclap....I'm wrong about this?

Less time on forums for you, Son. Should play more D3. More games = more drops = more gold = more DPS = better character.
Reply Quote
Less time on forums for you, Son. Should play more D3. More games = more drops = more gold = more DPS = better character.

Play more = less time to live life = less time to bake cookies = less cookies = worse life.

You're doing it wrong. Just sayin'.
Reply Quote
04/20/2013 07:37 AMPosted by seansky
guess the real rule #1 is not to get on the forum and act like u just discovered something you think everyone should follow, and say it like an @$$....... it gets u more response than saying you got to 250k dps!

LOL these posts make me laugh so hard. You do realize this is a monk forum, yes? And that, believe it or not, there might be a few people out there who have never played monk before, yes? All I did, was give a simple little piece of advice that has helped me kill monsters more efficiently. That is all. I play a fair amount of pub games and see many people making simple mistakes with their micro and so this is just a little thing that will help. That......is......all. LOLOLOL

04/21/2013 03:46 AMPosted by seansky
yes, remind me again how does serenity cuts anything?

http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/monk#builds

Oh yeah you should go to this page too. Looks like my definition of cookiecutter (AKA most popular build in the game) is more correct than yours is LOLOLOL. Only thing is I didnt know fleet footed was more popular than Resolve now. Just...troll elsewhere. Trying to be a community over here....
Edited by Omniscient#1704 on 4/21/2013 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]