Diablo® III

Monk Tip #1

Oh yeah you should go to this page too. Looks like my definition of cookiecutter (AKA most popular build in the game) is more correct than yours is LOLOLOL.

There are basically two useful definitions of the cookie cutter here:

1. The one used by the majority of this forum which is FoT:TC, SW:Cyclone, usually Overawe, and any combination of skills that buff the damage of those two or act as defense. Sometimes that means BoH:BW, BF:FitL, or DR:KE and Combo Strike. Basically, anything where the vast majority of your damage comes from FoT:TC and SW:Cyclone. Your build would qualify as one of 100 cookie cutter variants. This is pretty much how the term is used on this forum (which you say you are fairly new to. Welcome, BTW)

2. A tool used in the baking of cookies. Generally, it's used to ensure that the cookies come out in some interesting and consistent shape. I have one that make Christmas trees and another that makes little people, for example.
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 4/21/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/monk#passive-skills

OOPS

You had little cred....now you have no cred.....OOOOOOOOPS

The only thing I will say about your 2nd comment is it depends on how much Dex you have so your analysis is based on an assumption.

And here we see you basing your whole "argument" (I put it in quotes, because it's absolutely HORRIBLE lol...) on unintelligent players?

Look at monk passives of the TOP monk players here:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/top_skills/stat_heroscore_500

and here:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/top_skills/stat_dps_unbuffed_500
---------------

What this proves, is that you're "arguing" FOR poor play / game understanding.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Omniscient
Oh yeah and wrong about what?

About basically EVERYTHING you've said in this thread.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 01:29 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
What this proves, is that you're "arguing" FOR poor play / game understanding.

Oh yeah and wrong about what?

About basically EVERYTHING you've said in this thread.

+All my cookies.

I'm going to be baking some peanut butter cookies later this week, after this gods awful cold leaves me (I have almost no voice right now ;_;). Any input from fellow monks on whether I should use chocolate chips or leave them unadulterated?
And peanut butter cookies rock, they aren't made using cutters, they like to do their own thing and still WIN.
Edited by Sinafae#1771 on 4/21/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unadulterated for sure :D

I also completely agree about lack of necessity regarding cookies and cutters. The former is more than sufficient on its own :D
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 01:29 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
And here we see you basing your whole "argument" (I put it in quotes, because it's absolutely HORRIBLE lol...) on unintelligent players?

LOL buddy, you said the most popular passive was seize though. I just proved that it's not. Nothing was said about what the "best" players on diabloprogress are using....but simply, the most popular passive. The End.

Oh and btw....just because you're on top of a list on diabloprogress, doesn't mean you're some great D3 player necessarily. I could bot/RMAH my way to the top of any of those lists easy.
Reply Quote
STI is the most popular passive on SC. On HC it is different simply because most monks use shields, so Armor isn't as much of an issue.
Reply Quote
Obviously you've never played with Stan >_> And obviously you don't know about his serious lack of fundage.

Aaaanyway. Point being, I click wherever the hell I want. Rarely are there only 3 enemies, and if there are they are clustered so close that I tend to hit them all anyway. And if not it only takes an extra .5 seconds of my time to smash what I missed. There's efficiency and then there is just trying too hard on minuscule details.

Who cares what the "majority" of players use. Most people don't play D3 long and their skills are a mess when they leave. At least the top players are actually playing (in most cases). We could always run a poll here on the forums and see what the Forum Monks are using, but that would just result in arguments of what the Monks who don't use the forum are using...

Have a cookie and cheer up. Oh wait, you're already cheerful. I have never seen anyone throw out so many desperate LOLs. So just have a cookie :)
Reply Quote
1. The one used by the majority of this forum which is FoT:TC, SW:Cyclone, usually Overawe, and any combination of skills that buff the damage of those two or act as defense. Sometimes that means BoH:BW, BF:FitL, or DR:KE and Combo Strike. Basically, anything where the vast majority of your damage comes from FoT:TC and SW:Cyclone. Your build would qualify as one of 100 cookie cutter variants. This is pretty much how the term is used on this forum (which you say you are fairly new to. Welcome, BTW)

LOL so your argument is that if you use those 3 skills you are a cookiecutter and the other 3 random active skills and 3 random passive skills can be whatever? LOL 100 cookiecutter variants.... That's not a cookie cutter then. You see cookiecutters, by definition are....here we go.....Denoting something mass-produced or lacking any distinguishing characteristic. Picture one thing, this being a monk, being churned out to look exactly (or even mostly....cmon....at least 7 or 8 of 9 skills for pity sake) alike. You're saying that If I use 3 skills out of a possible 9...that makes me a cookiecutter? LOL Your argument is very....very.....very bad.

I honestly don't care if you think so though LOL. I love my "cookiecutter" monk cuz he slays, it's fun and I've geared him to be able to handle most builds I can think of. Cookiecutter and proud! But I do have 3 builds that I use regularly and 2 others I use just for funz.

Once your character is strong enough, you'll be able to try new things too :) As of now, my monk could pound your monk while drinking a strawberry milkshake.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Sinafae
Have a cookie and cheer up. Oh wait, you're already cheerful. I have never seen anyone throw out so many desperate LOLs. So just have a cookie :)

They're not even desperate though, that's the thing! These posts are actually making me laugh!!!
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Omniscient

They're not even desperate though, that's the thing! These posts are actually making me laugh!!!

Well I am glad you are also a Happy Monk :D
Reply Quote
Why is there even an argument going on about what skills people are using? Who the !@#$ even cares. If it makes the game fun for you, and makes it the most efficient why wouldn't you use a certain build. It's not like there are thousands of viable builds for a monk anyway. . .

And before you profile N azis go all ape-!@#$ on my character sheet and realize I am "cookie" and that my other build is "cookie" as well, just remember that you just wasted a minute of your life worrying about something that doesn't affect yours or anybody else' life in any way shape or form.

Yes, I use Serenity with my current build, it allows me to stand and face tank as many mobs as possible on an MP level I am not currently geared for. My other build uses Tempest Rush and Skorn to kill as many spiders as possible in act 3 and run away like a little girl when I see blue or yellow text. Does that make me bad or efficient?

Get over yourselves, it's just a video game, having an argument over what someone else uses to enjoy themselves just makes you look like a pompous %^- nerd who needs to get some sunshine.
Edited by Lurcholio#1879 on 4/21/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
*fixed
makes you look like a pompous %^- nerd who needs to get some cookies.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Omniscient
These posts are actually making me laugh!!!

That's because you don't understand skill/build mechanics so it sounds like a foreign language. Foreign languages often do sound a bit funny to people when they don't speak the language.

04/21/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Lurcholio
Why is there even an argument going on about what skills people are using? Who the !@#$ even cares.

Obviously this guy does...as you can see by the fact he's arguing with EVERY other person posting in his silly thread. The problem is, he's argumentative and too stubborn/oblivious to listen to the superior (compared to his counter-"arguments") suggestions people are trying to give him.
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Omniscient

LOL so your argument is that if you use those 3 skills you are a cookiecutter and the other 3 random active skills and 3 random passive skills can be whatever? LOL 100 cookiecutter variants.... That's not a cookie cutter then. You see cookiecutters, by definition are....here we go.....Denoting something mass-produced or lacking any distinguishing characteristic. Picture one thing, this being a monk, being churned out to look exactly (or even mostly....cmon....at least 7 or 8 of 9 skills for pity sake) alike. You're saying that If I use 3 skills out of a possible 9...that makes me a cookiecutter? LOL Your argument is very....very.....very bad.

Look... your build is what is referred to as the cookie cutter. You do 90%+ of your damage by FoT:TC and cyclones and use your other skills to buff that damage. It's a term for a kind of build. If you're not using other spirit spenders frequently, the builds all basically play the same: maintain buffs, maintain Mantra spam, hold down FoT.

I'm not making an argument. I'm explaining a term and how it's used. I'm sorry the metaphor of a cookie cutter isn't strong enough for you. You seem to feel like it's somehow insulting to let you know that's what your build is referred to as. If it helps you feel better, you can pick a particular kind of cookie that best represents your build.

I honestly don't care if you think so though LOL. I love my "cookiecutter" monk cuz he slays, it's fun and I've geared him to be able to handle most builds I can think of. Cookiecutter and proud! But I do have 3 builds that I use regularly and 2 others I use just for funz.

Once your character is strong enough, you'll be able to try new things too :) As of now, my monk could pound your monk while drinking a strawberry milkshake.

I'm glad you have 3 builds. I'd hate to think you only had one build in 80K+ elite kills. I'll look into trying new things when I have a stronger Monk. How long do you think it will be before I'm able to try these new things?

Also, I'm not 100% sure what the whole strawberry milkshake thing is about. Doesn't really seem relevant. You should probably have went with a cookies and crème milkshake. It would have fit the whole motif of the thread better.
Reply Quote
you said the most popular passive was seize though. I just proved that it's not

http://www.diabloprogress.com/top_skills/stat_heroscore_500

Well, at least top 500 players are still with STI (90% of it).
Surprisingly OwE only accounted for 59% for it.

I am neither top 500 nor STI (and not even TR) so I guess I am the minority here.

Can I haz my cookie with Blackcurrant Raisin topping? If you can cut it into half for me it would be better as I long time didn't use the cookie cutter.
Reply Quote
Why are you guys arguing/explaining to the OP that his build is cookie or not? If he is so inclined to stick to FoT and Cyclone, let him be. I'll be happier if arragont ppl/trolls dont discover the Nirvana builds, Static Charge + Cyclone or any other snapshot builds that survived the nerf.

Once the OP clicks the above stickied thread and spend a little time to explore the contents, he will surely feel like an idiot for posting this thread.

OP, not sure if you are trolling or not but if you are not, you really gotta L2P, bro. Yea, sure you got nearly 90k elite kills but still doesnt escape the fact that you are incompetant of the monk class by making this idiotic thread.
Reply Quote
Rule number 1 : don't use serenity
rule number 2 : don't use serenity
. rule number 59 : don't use OWE

:P
Reply Quote
04/21/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Lurcholio
Why is there even an argument going on about what skills people are using? Who the !@#$ even cares.

^^ I like this guy....he understands me.

Apparently I don't understand how to play this game...no idea how. So I'm just gonna stop talking and make this my last post I do 25 minute MP10 alkeizers but I guess I need it to be 10 minutes before I know what I'm doing. Gosh, I hope I learn how to play this game soon.

COOKIES FOR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG and GL out there,

Omni

Almost forgot....Monk Tip #1....attack the middle guy, kids ;)
Edited by Omniscient#1704 on 4/21/2013 7:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Your piss poor analogy is the same as someone who plays SC2 arguing that they're REALLY GOOD just because they 4 gated to masters.

Executing simple task(s), like doing THE SAME run over and over and over again, DOES NOT mean you understand mechanics well in any way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]