Diablo® III

Skorn users: Rate the doc above

Some constructive feedback would be nice. I've noticed most WDs are 1 handers so I'd like to see some different Skorn docs and be able to compare builds and what not.

Let the rates begin :)
Reply Quote
nawKOwt - Skorn = rubyrubyrubyrubyruby. Every time.
Reply Quote
Manvan - And you used to be a Proc Doctor. Now you've gone batty!

@nawKOwt - We had a big ruby Skorn thread convo going here if you are interested http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8518013020 . This whole ruby love thing seems to have recently surfaced. Seems like just last week everyone was using calculators to see which had the most damage.
Reply Quote
According to d3up I'd lose 477.46 dps with a ruby in my Skorn.

Guess it depends on your build, how much cc/cd you got, etc.

Or, do you guys have any other reason to prefer ruby over emerald?

Nice docs both of you ;)
Reply Quote
Depends what skills you use and how you play.

Low MP play, with relatively high DPS, you always want ruby.

If you use SH, GF, and other skills that increase damage then ruby is the one to have because it is a base damage multiplier.

If you use a lot of DoT effect spells ruby is probably the better choice, becasue DoTs can't crit as far as I know. edited: DoTs do crit. They don't seem to proc cc effects. My bad.

So there are a lot of factors involved. Too bad some one doesn't have a spreadsheet or something on all this.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 4/4/2013 10:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Manvan - And you used to be a Proc Doctor. Now you've gone batty!

Au contraire. Aye, used to run proc heavy, but still did so with Bats. Proc rate on those puppies is fantastic.

OP - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568957079
Reply Quote
Don't look at paper damage when deciding which gem to use.....look at skill damage on the calculator.

I was actually surprised the difference was so small for my gear:

Per bear damage w/ Emerald: ∅ Damage: 515062

Per bear damage w/ Ruby: ∅ Damage: 515749

However lets look at Crit Range

Crit Range with Emerald: 903716 - 1259063 crit

Crit Range with Ruby: 889074 - 1181068 crit

That is where I see the Emerald winning the race...also the higher you can potentially crit the better your Life Steal.
Reply Quote
04/03/2013 09:16 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
If you use a lot of DoT effect spells ruby is probably the better choice, becasue DoTs can't crit as far as I know.

DoTs can crit but don't show as yellow numbers....unless something has changed.
Reply Quote
10/10.

Your gems really push your build over the top.

If there is anything I can suggest, it would be that your Skorn itself could be a tad nicer.

Overall, your build is a lot better than the one I have.

Edit: Didn't see the LS on that Skorn. Geez. Great build all around.
Edited by Darkul#1370 on 4/3/2013 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Darkul,

You can have a lot more CHC and CHD. But then if you're just waiting for the whole new range of items and special gear, it may actually be more fun and give an enriching experience in different WD skills.

Looks like there aren't many Skorn docs remaining.
Reply Quote

Looks like there aren't many Skorn docs remaining.

Im a faithful corn dog with 3 sec sac-pride hence infinite mana. Hate mana management. Tried the 0 dog life, didnt care for it, too much jittering not enough fun.

I think your hp and resist could be up a lil more.. cheers
Reply Quote
Skorn doc as well, just waiting to be able to afford a 100 emerald and trying to craft a better amulet, with no luck yet.
Reply Quote
I switched last night and love it. not sure if an emeralt would be better than the ruby I have
Reply Quote
Hey manvan, computer shipped yesterday. Catch up with you soon! =)
Reply Quote
Loyal Skorn doctor here. Once i tried the 2h approach couldn't go back to 1h and a mojo. Can't wait to craft a nice fat ruby and give that a shot.
Reply Quote
Emerald all they way for me. Like where my toon is located for CD per dprogress.

Critical Damage: 581.00%
world: 4022 (wd: 51)
Americas: 1395 (wd: 18)

Using a ruby I gain 2478 DPS.

Set 1 (marquise emerald)
Set 2 (marquise ruby)
236103 +2478

Maybe I'll switch and try it out.
Edited by mapasu#1685 on 4/4/2013 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey All,

As I was browsing the barbarian forums I noticed they were doing a Team Skorn vs Team Dual Wield show down. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8517452751?page=1

Could we possibly do a Team Skorn vs Team Mojo battle? I think it would be fun to try and put something together like this. We don't have to actually spend gold and put together sets from scratch but just do some timed runs of 4 Skorns vs. 4 Mojos in certain areas i.e. Ubers or something of the sort. Team Skorn ftw :)
Reply Quote
Excellent idea, count me in.
Reply Quote
It's interesting to see all of the different builds you all use. I think I might give locusts a try. Any input on how I can get my DPS to that godly 200k mark, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply Quote
04/04/2013 07:19 AMPosted by Eschbach
It's interesting to see all of the different builds you all use. I think I might give locusts a try. Any input on how I can get my DPS to that godly 200k mark, please let me know. Thanks!

You would need a pretty big overhaul to get to 200k dps. I will put these in order of biggest dps gain, in my mind at least.

Helm: Zuni with crit
Rings: Both need CC/CD
Ammy: Needs more CC
Skorn: Needs more base CD

Your shoulders, bracers, gloves, and belt could eventually be changed out but I don't think you need to do it now. The first 4 pieces will get you the most dps (I think).

04/04/2013 07:08 AMPosted by mapasu
Excellent idea, count me in.

Ok, so we got one for team Skorn. Thanks Mapasu! I'm not really sure how we should do this but we can figure it out if more people are interested.
Edited by Tocean#1750 on 4/4/2013 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]