Diablo® III

Looking for gearing advice.

So like the title says , I'm looking for any advice / tips.

A little back story. I started playing D3 when the wow 5.2 patch hit ( a month ish ) , so Im I'm still pretty new. Some Wow guildies have really hooked me up with Gold / Gear but none of them play a WD so Ive been reading the guides from the forums and lots of the posts here as well Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything really really obvious in terms of gaining Damage / surv at this point. I can do Mp7-8 ( 10 takes forever , and I may or may not die in a fire ). I normally farm somewhere between 3-5 lots of acid cloud spam = win.

I am crafting everyday ( Shoulders / Neck / Gloves )

My current plan is to save for a Mempo / Zuni SOS ( I have a sos already , but it is a 10k dmg loss)

I know I need CC on my Pox ( can't afford the 2 bil to get the quadfecta)

Worth saving for a weapon first ?

I am more than open to any tips , as I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

Thanks in advance.

-Oreo

PS. 215k is unbuffed ( Using templar most of the time )

PPS. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Buffmoonkins-1183/hero/31743972 Char link ( have seen others do it in some posts )

PPPS. Also Curious about how the Poison damage bonus on the Zuni boots works. If someone has a link to a guide that explains it.
Edited by Buffmoonkins#1183 on 4/6/2013 7:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
First off -- your build. You have 4 attack skills in there which is probably too many. At least one of those should be a boss damage spell e.g. Hex, BBV/Slamdance, Mass Confusion.

See Index to Witch Doctor Builds and Guides http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350275486 look at the spirit bear builds and see what they are using.

You have way too much attack speed for the build you are using unless you are trying to do that spirit/bear that uses attack speed for Haunt. How is that working out for you?

If you don't like how that is working, you should dump attack speed off of at least 3 of your items.

Attack Speed vs Mana Usage (Bears Example) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7392969555

Your gear overall looks pretty good. It all depends on your build and how you want to play.

If you find a build you like for high MP, then you gear around it, to exploit its damage and defense capabilities.

PPPS. Also Curious about how the Poison damage bonus on the Zuni boots works. If someone has a link to a guide that explains it.

This article explains the boots: Choosing a Witch Doctor Weapon
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415154138
Reply Quote
Thanks for responding.

04/07/2013 07:09 AMPosted by skywalkerfx
You have way too much attack speed for the build you are using unless you are trying to do that spirit/bear that uses attack speed for Haunt. How is that working out for you?

I love love love it. I played around with other builds and couldn't quite find one that fit me. I really thought I was doing something others hadn't done using haunt , until I found a guide to almost the same build :(

First off -- your build. You have 4 attack skills in there which is probably too many. At least one of those should be a boss damage spell e.g. Hex, BBV/Slamdance, Mass Confusion.

I have acid cloud for farming Mp 3-5 I can do it almost as fast as 1-2 by just dropping acid clouds as I go and then using bears for elites.

As I make the transition to farming higher MP I may pick up Hex or Mass Confusion , but acid cloud is really really nice for proccing freeze / Stun . I've tried to like Slam dance , and although it is great on p acks where I don't have to move , It is awful on any pack with arcane :(

This article explains the boots: Choosing a Witch Doctor Weapon
us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415154138

I actually had read this post you made , and it was above my reading comp at the time. I reread it and get it now. Great post btw.

After doing the math / pricing out pieces I think I may skip the mempo / SOS for now and just save for a better weapon and or a Pox with CC. Zuni SOS are just so expensive and finding one with 10 CC and Max mana with Bear reduction or Barrage damage just seems way out of my price range.

Thanks again for responding , and if anyone sees anything really obvious that Im doing wrong or can improve feel free to chime in.

-Oreo

PS. Spamming Barrage ( WOS ) with 2 APS or 2.5 with a frenzy shrine is just about the coolest thing ever.
Edited by Buffmoonkins#1183 on 4/7/2013 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]