Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

Edit: Added MP10 CotA run comparisons for those who wanted to see an actual farming run/zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJG-NsPpq-8

-----

Original Post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93Y7iPJraV8

I've decided to upload a video showing how real the eDPS issue is for Demon Hunter's at higher Monster Power.

For this video I recorded runs of both DH and Monk, wearing 9 pieces of the same gear. The different pieces were: different SoJ for each class, Skorn instead of Manti/DML, and Inna's Radiance instead of Mempo. Basically even if there is a gearing difference, it isn't that major.

I've also made sure the situation was already IDEAL for DH DPS, where I got an elite with Mortar so it's standing on spike traps the entire time. Had the mob actually moved, things could have turned out much worse for my DH.

The DH has a higher pDPS (paper DPS, what you see on the character screen), yet the difference in ACTUAL kill speed may be larger than you'd expect.

-----

Basically the Demon Hunter's pDPS should be closer to it's eDPS. With nearly the same gear, it gets higher pDPS, making the class look fine/competitive, yet at the end the eDPS turns out to be significantly lower than other classes.

-----

Edit: Here is the extent you have to degrade your weapon to match a Demon Hunter's low eDPS. And even with such a lowered pDPS, the results vs non-stationary mobs would still be in the monk's favor, simply because spike traps (the current highest eDPS ability for DH) lose effectiveness vs mobs that move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHodLvKFulQ

And for those wondering, Monk is not overpowered. The other classes (Barb/Wizard) can both get similar pDPS to eDPS results. I can't comment on WD's as I've never played with one, and hardly ever played with any in Co-op games.
Edited by TianZi#1634 on 4/16/2013 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
this makes me so sad
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 01:38 AMPosted by RaveaAngel
Bump for a a blue to respond.

for what? XD
Reply Quote
I basically sincerely that blizzard may notice the problem basically.
Basically, blizzard may buff DH in the early future.
And I basically hope the people after reading this post may thumbs up.
Reply Quote
Sadly this is true for DH :(
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 01:44 AMPosted by Xuu
Bump for a a blue to respond.

for what? XD

We are asking for buffs to DH as DH's DPS on paper is not translated to eDPS.
Reply Quote
this is absolutely ridiculous. complaining about taking 22 seconds to kill an ELITE on MP8. get out of here.

ok yeah whatever its tripling your farming time. but honestly, you still need to shut your trap. i am SURE blizzard's idea of an ELITE pack isnt to kill it within 22 seconds anyway...

killing an elite pack on mp8 within 22 seconds is not an "issue," you elitist pig.

wow that escalated quickly :P
Reply Quote
+1

It takes me ages to kill an elite pach @MP10.
A monk with a lower sheet DPS just passes through everything in no time.

@TLO, it's not about high MP, even in low MPs I noticed that an archon mage with 96K DPS unbuffed kills monster faster than my 185K DPS unbuffed DH (with my old equip).
Edited by Nickmot#2946 on 4/8/2013 2:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 01:53 AMPosted by TLO
this is absolutely ridiculous. complaining about taking 22 seconds to kill an ELITE on MP8. get out of here.

If your barb takes more than 22 seconds to kill the elite in MP8 WR, I highly suggest you try HotA. There are barbs killing MP10 elites in less than 22 seconds.
Reply Quote
That's so sad and hard to watch.
Reply Quote

ok yeah whatever its tripling your farming time. but honestly, you still need to shut your trap. i am SURE blizzard's idea of an ELITE pack isnt to kill it within 22 seconds anyway...

killing an elite pack on mp8 within 22 seconds is not an "issue," you elitist pig.

Says the guy playing the easiest class. You would understand OP if you know what he is talking about. Tell me, why do you have so much more playing time with your barb than your DH? LOL
Edited by Gooze#6814 on 4/8/2013 2:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
one of the reasons why i changed toon, 10 days after hitting plevel 100 with my DH, to Wiz, last november :(
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 01:53 AMPosted by TLO

Get lost kid. You like your spinning barb more than DH, fine, but shut the hell up about things u don;t understand.
Reply Quote
I did the same thing, without a video, and drew similar conclusion. While the difference in time for you is outstanding, I couldn't figure it out how come it is so big, for me and farming time resulted into complete A3 MP3 on DH time = complete A3 in MP7 with Monk.

I tried to discuss this on EU forums, but got a little bit flamed by DH's which defend their class.
I love DH, but it has problems with DPS.
Reply Quote
I agree with the issue with Demon Hunters, and planning to put away my DH once it's reached paragon 100. Every other class does so much better for its pDPS.
Reply Quote

Your comments has been reported to Blizz!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]