Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

04/10/2013 04:35 AMPosted by MeowMao

I would go for monk if I hadn't spent too much on my DH. now..it seems a bit late....I don't wanna spend huge to build another class...

well.. monk and DH share the same vit and dex. might be able to wear some DH's gear.

you're right...but check my gears...and you may see how much more I need invest to get the weapons and chest that are of the same level as mine now. and my DH paragon is 95....I need to start a monk from 0....
Reply Quote
how about you get involved in this post
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569598165?page=1

How about you stop telling me what to do? (jkjk)

I actually already passed along that thread to our designers. Great post: super constructive and to the point. Thanks for sharing!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569328143?page=2#new-post

SOOOO... It looks as though Blizzard is finally starting to take notice... Hooray!!!!!
Reply Quote
I feel sorry for blizz, because you people just don't stop complaining.

I guess the next thing you want is to walk into an area and everything just faints because of your godly presence?

Please don't generalize. There were unreasonable/childish feedbacks/complaints, and there were legitimate/reasonable ones. This thread, I (and many others here) believe is a legitimate/reasonable one.

In your other post, you mentioned:

blizz wants you to team up to fight. monk would greatly enhance a dh in a group. blizz has constantly tried to encourage group play.

It's ironic that you mentioned this. Due to DH being weaker than some other classes (in high MP), you can read previous pages of this thread, some DH players gave testimonies of personal experiences, of how some (Barb/Wiz/Monk) players don't want them in the group because they say DH are weak.
Reply Quote
Don't know if anyone has suggested this, but in addition to passive changes, why not give DH 30% additional damage (so they kill mobs before they can get to them, in the same way that Barb and monk have innate 30% less damage taken as they are meant to be tanking). Would probably go a long way to solving the eDPS issue...
Reply Quote
Also dry impressed with the discussion. Nice to see that people are realizing the need for better eDPS for DH. Hope blizzard listens and does something very very soon and I hope it's good
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Raven
Don't know if anyone has suggested this, but in addition to passive changes, why not give DH 30% additional damage (so they kill mobs before they can get to them, in the same way that Barb and monk have innate 30% less damage taken as they are meant to be tanking). Would probably go a long way to solving the eDPS issue...

good idea!
Reply Quote
I am really curious why this thread is not reported or removed yet:

How is the OP able to create 40 page threads with no content?

Can anyone explain to me what the problem with is a DH wearing monk clothes?

04/10/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Raven
Hope blizzard listens and does something very very soon
Reply Quote
I am really curious why this thread is not reported or removed yet:

How is the OP able to create 40 page threads with no content?

Can anyone explain to me what the problem with is a DH wearing monk clothes?

Hope blizzard listens and does something very very soon
Please come back once you finished Inferno and actually played the real endgame at higher MPs.
Reply Quote
I feel sorry for blizz, because you people just don't stop complaining.

I guess the next thing you want is to walk into an area and everything just faints because of your godly presence?

Please don't generalize. There were unreasonable/childish feedbacks/complaints, and there were legitimate/reasonable ones. This thread, I (and many others here) believe is a legitimate/reasonable one.

In your other post, you mentioned:

blizz wants you to team up to fight. monk would greatly enhance a dh in a group. blizz has constantly tried to encourage group play.

It's ironic that you mentioned this. Due to DH being weaker than some other classes (in high MP), you can read previous pages of this thread, some DH players gave testimonies of personal experiences, of how some (Barb/Wiz/Monk) players don't want them in the group because they say DH are weak.

Time and time again I've been turned down on Ubber groups just because I have a DH. Some even announce "LFM for Ubber MP8 - any class except DH - bring machine"
Reply Quote
i recently leveled a monk to 60, and at a PDPS around 60k less then My DH, My monk absolutely wrecks !@#$, with the added bonus of being able to survive a few hits.

Its crazy how weak DH actually are, 150k unbuffed just kills so much slower then a monk with 90k
Reply Quote
look im not here to troll but the monk needed that change in 1.07 and still needs some

as for demon hunter buffs 100% agree don't know much about class but I never see many in mp8+

I hope we see some class changes before x pac but I am not holding my breath
Reply Quote
There are too many people who posted here suggesting that DHs are fine have either never played the DH or experienced the DH class in depth. Also they tend to think that DHs wants other classes to be nerfed. What they don't realize is, most DHs have rolled other classes and monks being the most popular due to dex gears. A nerf to the monk class or any class is bad for majority of the DHs too. Monk is used here merely for the ease of comparison (same gear). Wizards and Barbs are no less OP than Monks. I believe 0 dog WD is just as op, although i don't know much about the WD class to comment.

And one of the core problem that most other classes have realized is the following. (Barbs have posted on the DH forum suggesting that DH needs a buff. Wizards suggested on the Wizard forum that DHs are useless)

[quote]
Time and time again I've been turned down on Ubber groups just because I have a DH. Some even announce "LFM for Ubber MP8 - any class except DH - bring machine"

Even DHs (who would be running with their alt) wouldn't want to group with DHs when running ubers.

So much for coop play.
Edited by Killua#1993 on 4/10/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the biggest issue is DH has a lot of AOE attacks, but the majority of their attacks have LOW damage modifiers, or the modifiers are just not working.

Monks wave of light doing 1200-1500% weapon damage + another 800 in a wave means that they are just @#**@%@##* faces. Monks are really just 2 button heros, you have your spirit generator and your spirit drainer bursting things down. Tempest rush is incredible once you can kill monsters quickly with it, much better then the DH's strafe.

With the DH we are rolling to dodge attacks, setting traps/caltrops using our hatred generators(hungerings arrow/bola/chaingang) and then its either elemental arrow/multishot. The only real BIG damage option we have is cluster bombs and it has such a small hit area in a straight line that faster mobs run right !@#$ing past it and dont get hit. add to that the fact that DH's have lower survivability so sometimes using the big DPS skills is counter intutitive.. if i had a dollar for everytime i dropped a cluster bomb into a room before seeing the reflect mobs. Demon hunters are a more active class, with no rewards for having to have that extra level of active moving/dodging, and droping of traps and caltrops. DH/Barbs can just run in raise their damage skill resource and drop the hammer on mobs.
Reply Quote

Even DHs (who would be running with their alt) wouldn't want to group with DHs when running ubers.

So much for coop play.

I resemble that remark. Playing as a cm wiz I've done ubers with 500k dps Dhs and monks and barbs in the 150k to 250k range. I will always always ask a barb or monk before I ask the dh no matter their sheet dps. I usually go with a lockdown relatively low dps build on my wiz if there's a monk or barb in the group, but have to drop a break point for more dps if there are only dhs. Hota and overawe make for sub 10 minute carries while I consider it good if we can do it in under 20 with dhs. There is just no way for dhs to compete with a barb who is doing constant 2.5 mil crits 2.5 times a sec due to their 100% cc while using hota. Dhs just don't offer anything but their good looks right now.
Reply Quote
I'd just be happy for my grenades to explode on contact. That's all I'd ask for.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 05:31 AMPosted by dftr
some DH players gave testimonies of personal experiences, of how some (Barb/Wiz/Monk) players don't want them in the group because they say DH are weak.

Lol I have a pretty damn good DH. I've worked really hard on badass group specs that are very efficient (for DH) and work well. I play really well in MP10, barely die. All my friends still ask me "why not on your Explode Palm/Cyclone Monk?" and I just sigh. It's like all my hard work on my DH goes unappreciated, haha.
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 12:18 AMPosted by phoen1x
So finally i got it. All you trolling clowns don't want buffs for DH because you care about your little pvp thingy. How sad is that?

I thought that was rather obvious.
Reply Quote
wow...I just chucked all my gear and was dead set on doing a DH build.... I am having second thoughts now...
Reply Quote
Good comparison video. Very disheartening as a Demon Hunter.

I think some people are misunderstanding the point of the thread here. No need to defend Monks because OP isn't calling for Monk nerfs but rather buffs for DH to close the gap to other classes. Nobody wants to ruin other people's fun.
Reply Quote
Blue post please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]