Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

So OP the fact that DH can damage from the other side of the map isn't to take on the balance?

Or how to compare tomatoes and potatoes.

Monk have to go on close range do deal damage, DH is a ranged class.

Have you ever played a DH? Have you ever played a DH on MP10 especially solo?
Reply Quote
I shelved my dh for the same issues.
Reply Quote
nice post op

i have 2 vids here for people to see one shows my dh with a quick mp 8 solo run the other is a mp 10 ubers run using group synergy same spec and gear in both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LifcZmRIBJE solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcNFPNtePII ubers

we are a great class whith the right group but solo we fall right to the back of the bus
Reply Quote
So OP the fact that DH can damage from the other side of the map isn't to take on the balance?

Or how to compare tomatoes and potatoes.

Monk have to go on close range do deal damage, DH is a ranged class.

Which can't even be played as such, because at higher MP levels you're forced to be at melee range or lose all your EDPS trying to kite.... Even the big burst DH skills can't match the effectiveness of WoL, and that video demonstrated it. On top of that, the damn thing is spammable once you control your resource regeneration, something DH also has some trouble managing. Not trying to ask for nerfs, but to bring DH's up to par, because this is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Weapon damage increased from 430% to 914%
Weapon damage increased from 390% to 829%

the above monk buffs were given in 1.07

now let's give them to DH.
increase spike trap from 275% t0 800%
increase Fan of knives from 320% to 914%
Im sure everyone would be happy then right?
No one would be jealous? I'm suuuuure no other classes would complain then right? (ha)
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 08:15 AMPosted by Axel
I think one can see why DHs are outperformed with just a glance. They have very low damage modifiers on skills compared to the other classes and this can cause them to be fairly slower in performance. This can also cause problems in Hatred management as well which some people have brought up recently I believe.

Quoting myself because I'm too lazy to rewrite that! =P

The discrepancy is pretty obvious. Now we just need a CM to chime in on this to get it noticed.
Reply Quote
DH is overpowered.. Buff the Barb. :/
Reply Quote
04/08/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Knoland
DH is overpowered.. Buff the Barb. :/

gtfo troll.

I think one can see why DHs are outperformed with just a glance. They have very low damage modifiers on skills compared to the other classes and this can cause them to be fairly slower in performance. This can also cause problems in Hatred management as well which some people have brought up recently I believe.

Quoting myself because I'm too lazy to rewrite that! =P

The discrepancy is pretty obvious. Now we just need a CM to chime in on this to get it noticed.

+1

No one would be jealous? I'm suuuuure no other classes would complain then right? (ha)
Edited by RUNFORIT#1236 on 4/8/2013 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Shhh They don't want facts. Just buffs. They don't care that monks have to stand in all kinds of ground crap to do damage. Then usually have to leave a room or area for a serenity cool down or die. Often times when leaving a room in the keeps I see a demon hunter outside the room continuing to fire while my monk basically stands there and can't do anything. Or monks have to waste a ton of time chasing down kiting elites to do any damage. No, its video after video of people hitting a punching bag that barely moves.

And all this "my DPS sheet is higher then that monk" and he farms faster then me. News Flash! Its easier to get higher DPS with a Demon Hunter. 300k unbuffed gets you to number 585 or so on the DH charts for the Americas. 300k unbuffed for a monk gets you all the way up to 130.

I'm not saying DH's don't need a damage buff but some of these obvious BS arguments undermind their valid points.

DJ, if you read my post, I did mention that the disparity between class eHP improves with the proper team. The reality is, although we can attack from a distance, in higher MP's we are just as well in melee range as the rest of the classes. If we try to distance ourselves, all we end up doing is running around trying to avoid damage while other classes are busy dealing damage. The argument that 'we are a ranged class' is pretty moot when you run solo MP10 where thing don't get one shot and are chasing you down. Generally the way the game is designed, we are forced to stand our ground and deliver damage just as much as the rest of the classes. If not, we would just be like headless chickens and no one would want to party with us.

There are plenty of enemies that do not chase people down. As I previously mentioned the ranged kiting elites. Monsters like soul lashers, icy quillbacks, fallen shamans, sand wasps etc. These elites can take an enormous amount of time for monks and barbs to take down. If you guys want to prove your point then a video should be made against one of them. Melee vs melee the advantage SHOULD go to melee characters. Now if its melee vs kiting elites and the melee character is still faster then there is a problem.
Reply Quote
this is absolutely ridiculous. complaining about taking 22 seconds to kill an ELITE on MP8. get out of here.

ok yeah whatever its tripling your farming time. but honestly, you still need to shut your trap. i am SURE blizzard's idea of an ELITE pack isnt to kill it within 22 seconds anyway...

killing an elite pack on mp8 within 22 seconds is not an "issue," you elitist pig.

Regarding your game experience, you have no idea what you're talking about. It' s pathetic and sadly funny : elitist are everyone but you.

04/08/2013 01:53 AMPosted by TLO
but honestly, you still need to shut your trap.

Indeed.

#
Edited by AshTag#2353 on 4/8/2013 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

DJ, if you read my post, I did mention that the disparity between class eHP improves with the proper team. The reality is, although we can attack from a distance, in higher MP's we are just as well in melee range as the rest of the classes. If we try to distance ourselves, all we end up doing is running around trying to avoid damage while other classes are busy dealing damage. The argument that 'we are a ranged class' is pretty moot when you run solo MP10 where thing don't get one shot and are chasing you down. Generally the way the game is designed, we are forced to stand our ground and deliver damage just as much as the rest of the classes. If not, we would just be like headless chickens and no one would want to party with us.

There are plenty of enemies that do not chase people down. As I previously mentioned the ranged kiting elites. Monsters like soul lashers, icy quillbacks, fallen shamans, sand wasps etc. These elites can take an enormous amount of time for monks and barbs to take down. If you guys want to prove your point then a video should be made against one of them. Melee vs melee the advantage SHOULD go to melee characters. Now if its melee vs kiting elites and the melee character is still faster then there is a problem.

Funny you don't even play DH. I guess we don't need to chase down elites either do we? Our spike traps and bola shots are just attracted to them? They run off our screen too, and we have to chase them down also...

The issue is simple:

Reply Quote
22 second elite kill time at mp8 seems pretty damn quick to me o_O

My main toon (WD) averages a very similar kill time of about 15 seconds or so depending on the mob type and if they stay bunched up at mp8. And she's geared pretty reasonably well with DPS hitting as high as 400k fully buffed in a BBV (with soj/mojo elite bonus factored in)...

I don't disagree that Demon Hunters need damage modifier buffs. I just picked mine up again and I noticed that quickly enough. However, I think a lot of people here exaggerate the problem. DH has freaking awesome mobility, solid build flexibility, can be lethal both up close and from afar, and can also effortlessly stay in a form that gives them 35% DR/15% Life steal...

OP, you even said it yourself in this vid. There's basically no threat of dying as long as you can perma gloom. Avoid any nasty CC traps (mainly freeze) and you're golden.

People let sheet DPS get to their head too much. I think the community is finally catching on to the fact that even though two classes have the same sheet dps, their kill speed can be entirely different depending upon their skill and gear setups.

When I swap my WD's gear over to my Wiz, her sheet dps is much higher. But her kill speed at high mps isn't even close to my WD.

There's so much you have to take into consideration:

1. How much is attack speed inflating my dps? Remember, attack speed does nothing to change the numbers on your screen. But the game's DPS calc factors it in. You attack faster and get hits in more quickly, so naturally, you're doing more dmg. But it isn't going to show up in the numbers that pop up on your screen.

2. The crux of any classes damage comes from a few core stats. High primary, high crit chance, high crit dmg, and using the proper combination of moves with the right dmg modifiers. If you're running a high attack speed build, average damage adds a lot also.

3. What do classes, such as Bell spam monks, have to give up in order to get such ridiculous elite kill times? Well, they become significantly less powerful when you add more players to the game. With each new player added in game, their odds of being able to kill the elite before their spirit is depleted becomes drastically less. And when it's gone, they're pretty much worthless. A reasonably geared DH, however, can ALWAYS keep up a constant state of Shadow Power and have the same utility they have playing by themselves, if not better.

Every class and build in this game has it's pros and cons. You usually have to sacrifice certain stats and advantages to get other advantages of other set-ups. Unless you're a Barbarian. ;)

TLDR: Don't worry. These threads aren't going unnoticed and I bet DH gets some sexy modifier buffs next patch. Keep it positive.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 4/8/2013 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
buff dh,,,, unless you have played demon hunter you will never know how hard it is to go toe to toe with other class on mp7 and higher,,,,

buff demon hunter
Reply Quote

My main toon (WD) averages a very similar kill time of about 15 seconds or so depending on the mob type and if they stay bunched up at mp8. And she's geared pretty reasonably well with DPS hitting as high as 400k fully buffed in a BBV (with soj/mojo elite bonus factored in)...

Stopped reading from there. No offense but WD's suck just like DH's. WD's also need buffs. We are not asking to be the OP of all classes. We are asking to be on par with other classes.
Reply Quote
the simple way to buff DH and will make DH still a ranger class in high MP is that buff steady aim from 20% to 120% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
+1 to OP. So true. DH<Wiz<Monk<Barb. Di-barb-lo 101.
Reply Quote

Stopped reading from there. No offense but WD's suck just like DH's. WD's also need buffs. We are not asking to be the OP of all classes. We are asking to be on par with other classes.

Open your mind and read on. I hit other points later on about the weaknesses of builds like the bell one shown in the vid. It's worthless in high mp group player games and functions as nothing more than a solo-efficiency farming build.
Edited by RPRNoNsum#1561 on 4/8/2013 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
As a DH whose DPS is over 240,000, it is impossible to kill a Goblin in mp10. However, for a BB or Monk of the same DPS, it is quite easy for them. So, this is time to buff DH's eDPS.
Reply Quote
The way it was designed before MP levels worked perfect. Melee stayed melee and ranged stayed ranged. Ranged had more paper dps and also more epds. The sacrifice was our life. We were the fragile classes.

When MP level were created, ranged could no longer stay ranged. We could not one shot monsters, in fact it takes us 5-10 shots just for a measly scorpion. Take a look at the high MP ranged classes, CM Wizards and Bola/Spike trap DHs. Why do you think Blizzard gave the ranged classes 30% reduced damage?

The way it should be is melee does less edps but has higher defense. Ranged classes should have higher edps but weak defense. Right now melee has more defense and edps.

All we are asking is to buff us to be on par with other classes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]