Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

Strafe buffed to the point of steamrolling MP10 like barbs on steroids? That'd be fun but highly unlikely. Too much buffs and we'll hear cries for nerfs. I don't mind if they take their time reconstrucing and buffing up skills and such but I hope that all the buffs are significant enough so that we are on par with the other classes. Yes one may argue that every class has it's own class specific skills that makes them what they are but damage and farming ratio has to be close. I don't expect to farm like a barb but I expect to be at least efficient and clearing up mobs and farming comfortably without wasting too much time spike trapping and cluster bombing with paper dps.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Electroclash
Strafe buffed to the point of steamrolling MP10 like barbs on steroids?

strafe should just be a hatred generator. even if you leave the damage alone it would still be fun to play mp10 with strafe .. let's face it, it does do enough damage warrant being a hatred spender
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 10:48 AMPosted by BlackVenom
Strafe buffed to the point of steamrolling MP10 like barbs on steroids?

strafe should just be a hatred generator. even if you leave the damage alone it would still be fun to play mp10 with strafe .. let's face it, it does do enough damage warrant being a hatred spender

That's actually a fantastic idea! Would do wonders for bringing new mobility builds to the DH table.
Reply Quote
That's exactly what we need. Mobility! That is what defines a DH. Mobility with high damage output but fragile at the same time. Not glass cannon kind of fragile well you get my point. Anyway, what I'm really seeing is how DH's playout. It's either face tank with spiketrap/cluster or if you have the skills to move like Mick Jagger then go glass cannon but still with both playing style, it takes too long to down elites. This is the major problem. We do not have mobility eventhough it seems that our class should have the best mobility in game. It's simple to say buff this or buff that but the bottomline is this is a looting game and to loot one has to be efficient. They have to look at how to balance dps and mobility while not making us too overpowered but efficient at the same time. If it takes a few months, I'll wait but I hope that it will be a significant change.
Reply Quote
8 hours maintenance next weak... 1.0.8 coming?

*crosses fingers hoping for buffs.
Reply Quote
I'm having fun with the rapid fire buff right now, though it doesn't really address mobility issues it seems to be a decent buff on eDPS.. most videos I've seen run the rapid fire build with shadowpower+nightbane for the hatred regen but I find that I don't need it and I left it at gloom for the damage mitigation

hatred regen I use is bolashot|+bitter pill and I have rocket runes for rapid fire(forgot actual name)

I was thinking of replacing nightstalker with ballistics but if I keep nightstalker I can regen hatred and discipline at the same time while channeling rapid fire, yes, mortal enemy is actually enough to regen hatred while channeling rapid fire

when I really need to move from my spot because of one reason or another(ex. 3 arcane sentries on top of me) I just stutter step with bola shot

I wish I could make a vid for it to show you guys but it takes too long to upload for me..
never been the type to make videos..

if you want you could join me in PTR and have some fun testing stuff out :)
Edited by Lecreuset#1619 on 4/28/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard officially is NOT listening to us!!!!
Reply Quote
Bump for buffs.
Reply Quote
Life 1!
Reply Quote
+1 for strafe becoming a hatred generator.
Reply Quote
We just want answers and a solution to this problem would be nice.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
The problem is all of our Hatred dumps are just horrible. We have no 1 million+ damage UMPHHH abilities like Monk's Wave of Light or Barbs and HoTA. Both of those can easily be spammed with the right gear and ability setups.

Oh well at least bow builds are stupid OP in PoE so been having fun there a few times a week.
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 4/29/2013 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if they can buff cluster arrows to the level of monks WoL, we could be much better.

Our hatred regen is on par or better than monks spirit regen. Yet monks have a spammable 800% damage skill.

If CAs could get upto that area of damage, I would have the biggest smile on my face and in my pants.
Reply Quote
i know they buff monks real nicely and dh are thrown to the pit like in the movie 300

this is madness! no this is blizzard!
Reply Quote
DEMON HUNTER NEEDS TO BE BUFFED.

SERIOUSLY. PAPER DPS IS GREAT BUT EFFECTIVE DPS IS JUST NOT MEETING THE EXPECTATION.

MY DPS WITH WIND FORCE IS 493K DPS. LIKE WTF?
BUT EFFECTIVE DPS IS STILL WEAK!
Reply Quote
Heh, the 500k dps DH on the PTR with new RF changes was pityful
Reply Quote
I wish blizzard would actually play a demonhunter with gear, then play a monk/barb/wd/wiz on mp10.. and then tell us that they believe the class is balanced.
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Electroclash
That's exactly what we need. Mobility! That is what defines a DH. Mobility with high damage output but fragile at the same time. Not glass cannon kind of fragile well you get my point. Anyway, what I'm really seeing is how DH's playout. It's either face tank with spiketrap/cluster or if you have the skills to move like Mick Jagger then go glass cannon but still with both playing style, it takes too long to down elites. This is the major problem.

Buff or Nerf causes more problem than they solve. Look at all the other classes now. Pretty much broken.

The key to solving this problem is free up more slots for DH. or give us one more skill slot. Just imagine the possibilities. You can free up slots by make STRAFE a hatred generator or making GLOOM last 120 sec like all other BUFFs from other classes.

A more creative solution would be to have the 5 second count down stop as long as HP is below 100% - this would not make it OP but allow it scale with the mob difficulty / density like APoC / Battle rage or sweeping wind. A DH has nothing like that so we use 3 to 4 skill slots and 3 times the gear quality to make DH playable.

04/28/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Electroclash
It's either face tank with spiketrap/cluster or if you have the skills to move like Mick Jagger then go glass cannon but still with both playing style, it takes too long to down elites

Not the fast for sure but Glass Canon Player will disagree with that statement. We definitely kill at least twice as fast as TANKS. We buff ATTACK skill and we buy mostly ATTACK STAT gear. Those alone obviously INCREASE damage and lower kill time. .
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]