Diablo® III

Demon Hunter eDPS (effective DPS) Issue

05/11/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Reno
Too bad nobody at Blizzard cares about the DH

one "buggffed" improvement of rapid fire not properly working with gloom or nightstalker skill its all weve got in 1.0.8, DH devs division deserves to be rapidly fired from the blizz goldmine IMO!
Edited by Pariah#2376 on 5/11/2013 10:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
DH class is a joke. I have a 200k dps DH that blows chunks compared to my friends who have Barb / Monk @ 125-150k

Sure we have a high sheet dps, but all of our skills hit for 150-200%.

WoL on a monk alone is 800%, 1200 with runes. Plus monks can sit in the fight and tank forever, free 30% damage reduction on all hits.

Gear selection of DH is also poor. You have only Manticore or very elite Calamity for weapons. There are no viable yellows for DH, meanwhile monk and barb can always find 1200 dps 1H with LS, socket and CHD in the AH.

Buff DH please.
Reply Quote
DH class is a joke. I have a 200k dps DH that blows chunks compared to my friends who have Barb / Monk @ 125-150k

Sure we have a high sheet dps, but all of our skills hit for 150-200%.

WoL on a monk alone is 800%, 1200 with runes. Plus monks can sit in the fight and tank forever, free 30% damage reduction on all hits.

Gear selection of DH is also poor. You have only Manticore or very elite Calamity for weapons. There are no viable yellows for DH, meanwhile monk and barb can always find 1200 dps 1H with LS, socket and CHD in the AH.

Buff DH please.

My Demon Hunter had 328K DPS and 780K unbuffed DPS. My 300K unbuffed Archon Wizard does waaaaaaaaaaaaay more damage than what my Demon Hunter did.
Reply Quote
So as someone who has not played since before paragon levels and monster power, is dh really that bad?? I was thinking of coming back to the game and buying like 50$ worth of gold for my dh. Should I just level barb instead?
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Slidero
So as someone who has not played since before paragon levels and monster power, is dh really that bad?? I was thinking of coming back to the game and buying like 50$ worth of gold for my dh. Should I just level barb instead?

Yeah, you'll be able to farm more efficiently with a Barb than a Demon Hunter. You'll be able to paragon level faster with a Barb. Search in YouTube budget Barbarian MP10 or something like that.
Reply Quote
05/11/2013 05:43 PMPosted by Slidero

Barb or monk.

Maybe wiz with new archon buff
Reply Quote
I just can't believe that in some posts people are complaining that DH with Rapid Fire are OP and need nerf -.-
Reply Quote
85 pages and counting on no one from blizzard commenting on this >_>
Reply Quote
05/12/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Ivalician
85 pages and counting on no one from blizzard commenting on this >_>

I feel like this thread and any hope of enhancements has died with it. I gave up hope on the blues listening. We're fine anyways - they buffed RF, which is all we really needed.
Reply Quote
soooooooooooooooooooooo I was inquisitive this past weekend on how WDs can do with the new bat changes.

I took a WD to lvl 60 on Saturday
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BubbaGump-1297/hero/31997549

I skilled it as follows:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#achUQd!eYT!acaZbc

I was running a SNOW-GLOBE WIZ build and once I hit lvl 60 for my WD I moved most of my wiz gear over to my WD. Exceptions were: StormCrow, VileWards, ZuniBoots. I did get a ZUNI hat, and VW and Zuni Boots with PUR on them.

My DPS as you can see is a whopping 191k.

I watched the crits and running BATS:CLOUD-OF-BATS I was critting 1.9m-2.5m over and over and over again.

Decided to test ... took this build into MP8 azmo (now realize I'm not a WD veteran) and cleaned his clock in about 20seconds with infinate mana while channeling.

Now do realize I'm running ultra low APS on my WD (1.08 or 1.10) as the only ASI I'm running is from the WH belt but using the SKORN for high CD as well as high LS. All I can say is WOW. I just sat and face-tanked azmo and let the spinning bats tear him to pieces.

I know my WIZ SnowGlobe build does probably similar damage however it doesn't show crit numbers except for initial crit number... so the only way to figure it out is to look at the HP and time it to come up with Damage/sec

So now I've tested some things with MONKS, WIZ, WD .. and can say our DHs don't even close. Just don't see 200k DPS DHs being able (no matter what gear/weapon) doing 1.9-2.5m crits over and and over again
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 5/13/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
soooooooooooooooooooooo I was inquisitive this past weekend on how WDs can do with the new bat changes.

I took a WD to lvl 60 on Saturday
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BubbaGump-1297/hero/31997549

I skilled it as follows:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#achUQd!eYT!acaZbc

I was running a SNOW-GLOBE WIZ build and once I hit lvl 60 for my WD I moved most of my wiz gear over to my WD. Exceptions were: StormCrow, VileWards, ZuniBoots. I did get a ZUNI hat, and VW and Zuni Boots with PUR on them.

My DPS as you can see is a whopping 191k.

I watched the crits and running BATS:CLOUD-OF-BATS I was critting 1.9m-2.5m over and over and over again.

Decided to test ... took this build into MP8 azmo (now realize I'm not a WD veteran) and cleaned his clock in about 20seconds with infinate mana while channeling.

Now do realize I'm running ultra low APS on my WD (1.08 or 1.10) as the only ASI I'm running is from the WH belt but using the SKORN for high CD as well as high LS. All I can say is WOW. I just sat and face-tanked azmo and let the spinning bats tear him to pieces.

I know my WIZ SnowGlobe build does probably similar damage however it doesn't show crit numbers except for initial crit number... so the only way to figure it out is to look at the HP and time it to come up with Damage/sec

So now I've tested some things with MONKS, WIZ, WD .. and can say our DHs don't even close. Just don't see 200k DPS DHs being able (no matter what gear/weapon) doing 1.9-2.5m crits over and and over again

yup lol i found a 1-2b Uhkapian Serpent the other day while farming DE and figured i would put it on my poorly geared WD to test cloud of bats. My WD only has 99k DPS but when i fully buff up with grousome feast and harvest i was up to 200k lol! Pop cloud of bats and use locust swarm to aggro the entire screen and more and just blend everything together with cloud of bats and watch everything melt. Im thinking of building my WD with any left over gold now because they got a real buff. RF is ok but nothing compared to cloud of bats. kinda sad isnt it :[
Edited by METATRON#1945 on 5/13/2013 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@METATRON LETS HUNT! LocustSwarm with Pestilence is GREAT to use even though at Higher MPs it doesn't do enough damage... still it will encase a mob so quickly to agro and have them collapse into the swirling bats..... anyhooooo sorry the WD comments are sorta off-topic ...lol
Reply Quote

Nope, we need 300k-ish with a very stout bow to consistently hit over 1M crits. Im mostly CC/CD/Dex (only 36 IAS) and my crits for echoing blast top out at 900k. If I use an SoJ and MFD, I could break 1M, but that would be the top range, not the average. With an SoJ, FoK can crit over 1M with my current gear, but that's with Steady Aim. I can hit 1.1M FoK with Archery, steady aim, and SoJ, against elites that is.
Reply Quote

DH is still the most fun and challenging for sure.

As for gold you are better off using RMAH .. I am sure you will find much more value for $$ to GEAR quality
Reply Quote
I feel like the devs are looking at all the statistics of noob DH running sharpshooter and going 'on average DH have more pDPS' than everyone else so they're afraid to buff it.

I think the OP should run another test and slant the differing pieces in favor of the DH and repost to drive the point home harder. Still the worst class.
Reply Quote
Personally I would like to see something like Bullet Time on DH where we could slow down all mobs in relation to ourselves a lot more effectively than we can currently this would give evasion a way to actually work in Diablo instead of us having to build for face tanking all the time and it could come with a speed buff too to help our eDPS.

The other problem we have that isn't mentioned a lot is that IAS increases drain our hate far more than the eDPS return we get so people are still avoiding IAS on a lot of builds like strafe and now RF which is just so counter intuitive and bad design. The breakpoint plateaus are too awful for the constant extra hate drain trying to reach them and a lot of nice pieces come with IAS so you can't avoid it. You should feel good about every point of IAS you EARN.
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Otaking
Personally I would like to see something like Bullet Time on DH where we could slow down all mobs in relation to ourselves a lot more effectively than we can currently this would give evasion a way to actually work in Diablo instead of us having to build for face tanking all the time and it could come with a speed buff too to help our eDPS

As i have suggested earlier - shadow power needs to SCALE with mob size / difficulty. It should be ON or able to extend on time without recast via crit proc or just give us 120 seconds period.

This is just an example of how far behind we are :

shuriken cloud - zero hit box radius and zero DPS buff

versus

Sweeping wind - ANY attack or hit resets timper / can reduce cost to 5 spirit / can be used to add more DPS or resource regen...

The same goes for SHADOW power versus other simular skills - BERZERKER / MANTRAs etc... IF shadow power is SOOOOO over powering. LET the other class use it and see how long they LAST with it... As a DH I will take BERZERKER with with 25% buff to Move Speed/ DPS / eHP and zero mob AFFIX effect me ( jailer / frozen / slow / knockback / ) AND it's on AS LONG AS THERE IS A MOB TO ATTACK ..

Having to recast every 5 seconds takes too many skill slots and GEAR to make it work.. Give US a way to not RECAST and free up slots for DPS buffs ..
Reply Quote
I agree, I've been playing DH for about 8 months and can safely say they require way more skill and focus than other classes, I like this, but what I don't like is how other classes steamroll all over us with less investment and time added.

I read most of these threads (so so long) and have seen some great options.

First the Shadow Power buff to either 2 minutes OR on a crit/sec option is great.
This will put it on par with every other class, but it would still be worse than mantra's and Berserker (which is just ridiculous when compared side by side with SP)

Also the faster a Hunter attacks, the worse it is for hatred regen. Either decrease hatred cost, or add a mod to a passive which grants hatred on crit (similar to nightstalker).

AT this point 80% of DH passives are never used because they are HORRIBLE. They also have the worst passive in the game in Hot Pursuit (who thought of this, then capped it, I don't wanna know).

Your forced to take Nightstaker and Gloom/Smokescreen and sometimes Prep. Thats THREE discipline spenders just so we can face tank, cause there is no other choice unless you wanna run around for 5 minutes kiting the same 4 mobs with extra health. My dps isn't great, but I never spent real money, and have gotten to 180k~ I usually run MP5, and it takes me time to kill elite packs, I can only imagine MP10. Each upgrade piece cost me 50-100 million PLUS.

This isnt worth it when you can make a Barb/Monk for under 50 million and do everything faster and take more damage, and have buffs running consistantly. I just don't play them cause I find them boring. Don't like Wiz builds cause only 2 exist and why should I roll a WD to compensate? I wanna play my DH but not when every single other class is better, for cheaper, doesn't add up, bad game design.

Items wont help alone, skills need to be buffed, passives need hardcore rework, they are all almost useless. And FYI who in the world would use Rapid Fire when you have to stand in 1 spot and eat hundreds of shots from mobs that you can't do crap about? We have to keep spamming defensive skill, why would we stand there all day? Not like we can anyway, you still run out of hatred too fast, then it's back to square one, run (not kite, but actually run) until you get resource back, running and kiting is 2 different things, if we DO kite, it should be effective and its not, so you run and have to backup in a corner to start face tanking again AND take 30% extra damage. I don't see the logic behind it, and im shocked there has been no response on this matter after 85 pages.

Some form of response would be awesome, but I feel like this is a bigger issue cause of the PvP thing. They can't balance it. Don't know why they would cause they said PvP isnt balanced anyway. Blizzard stumps me.

/rant over
Reply Quote
05/14/2013 08:14 AMPosted by lostinwoods
I agree, I've been playing DH for about 8 months and can safely say they require way more skill and focus than other classes, I like this, but what I don't like is how other classes steamroll all over us with less investment and time added

05/14/2013 08:14 AMPosted by lostinwoods
/rant over

Okay .. cool. NOW my RANT can restart - HAHA

We have seen WD kill MP10 in 7.56 seconds
We Know Wiz can do it under 10 seconds
We Know BARBS can out stink GHOM with his BO and if he BUFFs it up with the BARB FART RUNE he can kill GHOM instantly ..

ANY replies BLIZ??
Reply Quote
Took my monk and geared her properly a few weeks ago. It's amazing how easy she kills everything on MP8. With Tyrael's Might and the bonus vs. demons, the Oasis in act 2 is just a slaughter house. Standing in the middle of 50 or even 100 snakes is no problem at all. Just hold the left mouse button and add WoL every time it's charged. Key runs in act 2 used to be the hardest for DH because of invisible snakes. With monk it's the easiest.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HotShot-2860/hero/14815904
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]